T1 food.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's around 875kcal in there I think doing the maths in my head, most from carbs & protein, some fat in the fishcake sauce, humous and spud salad, I low fat everything to avoid those calories but count food in carbs and protein really, complex carbs for the insulin/fuel and I'm looking at protein for the weight gain/weight maintenance. .
I was aiming at a bit of weight gain and it's coming on, I'm sure I breathed in when smiling at my favourite lifeguard lady yesterday as I was getting in the pool :) but if I'm honest I can't eat what I once did when I was at my heaviest trained for weight, my mates call me names if we ever do a Chinese buffet as they eat bits of everything and fill up with beer whereas I find something what I class as edible and eat it all :p

Hollow legs my mam said I had as a kid....

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll not photo tonights tea as it's the defrosted frozen half of a previous one, served with the usual veg and a pouch of tilda brown basmati & quinoa with a tub of low fat humous so around the usual 100g carbs, I bought a £3 pack of chicken beast strips for 75p yesterday so have snacked on that and a scotch egg during the day.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Be it staged or real, have to say I love your avatar :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Be it staged or real, have to say I love your avatar :)
Me? A phone selfie of my young un and me on the way out of the pool, trying to get a good one handed shot of us both with full heads in the shot. :p

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You all gruff looking and daughter smiling ... amusing and funny

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You all gruff looking and daughter smiling ... amusing and funny
I'm told I always look like that :p but I was concentrating whilst pressing the shutter button at arms length, well not really, a red circle on the phone screen but concentration never the less :)

I'm cr*p with cameras....

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had another omelette with veg last night but tonight child requested tandoori butter chicken with the usual veg, works out around 100g complex carbs in there and it is white basmati as child wont eat brown, but I've worked, trained chest and swum

1650m so in my head I've
photo.JPG
earnt it :)

Reactions: db89

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
photo.JPG

A mark down breakfast treat :) Burford brown eggs, £1.03 from /£2.17, no chilli sauce or black pepper on these bad boys :p

Reactions: db89

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Lat night’s dinner, two basa fillets fried in butter with turnip wedges, roasted broccoli and lime pickle.
10g carbs, so a unit of Novorapid for that plus 1.3u over 2 hours for the 26g of protein in the fish.

F26E8483-F79E-4F62-998A-0E328D100B74.jpeg

Reactions: kev-w

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We need a 'scrumptious' or similar reaction on the forum.

Beef chilli with rice and a sprinkling of cheese for lunch in the canteen today. 66g after totting up.
9e1fbf6acb25f07c3152fcacb27d425a.jpg

anthill

We need a 'scrumptious' or similar reaction on the forum.

Beef chilli with rice and a sprinkling of cheese for lunch in the canteen today. 66g after totting up.
9e1fbf6acb25f07c3152fcacb27d425a.jpg
Oh Durall, that does look delish!!! I am an Oriental kind of guy when it comes to food as i like Sambal Chilli Rice from the Noodle Canteen in Australia, it's worth Bolusing for. :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mousakka, rice, veg and houmous for me, just under 120g carbs with 7u Humalog for tea, today's been a can of tuna and a slice of wholemeal bread, a little spike after tea but I didn't wait long enough from injecting to eating.

Reactions: Knikki

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bit of a failure tonight - I made a frittata but it didn't turn out so well when it came to serving it so yer not getting a picture

The slice I had tasted good on the way down though

It was tuna, mushroom and onion and I had it with some mediterranean veg.

Reactions: LooperCat and kev-w

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dinner was fab last night. Fish pie made with a mix from the reduced counter in Asda plus a seafood selection for 70p from the Lidl reduced section, topped with turnip & celeriac mash and a sprinkle of goat’s cheddar. Served with 250g roasted broccoli and came in at 13g carbs. Cheap dinner, I got four portions out of it!

781B3520-7234-435A-B9F2-D9F7363E1ED2.jpeg

Dessert was a vegan keto apple crumble, using peeled courgettes in lemon juice, sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg & allspice for the base and a crumble made with hemp seeds, almond flour, coconut flour, more cinnamon, some sweetener and coconut oil. With some soya cream on top, it came in at 3g carbs and was surprisingly convincing! My husband and son had no idea it wasn’t apples. The only criticism was that the “apples” could be a bit sharper - they thought I’d used eating apples rather than cookers. So next time, I’ll add a splash of yuzu juice to give it a bit of sharpness. I used this recipe: https://lowcarbyum.com/mock-apple-crisp-from-zucchini/

B555CEB0-109D-4D6A-A953-C35494AE6BBA.jpeg

Last edited:

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You know garden peas average at 14g carbs/100g :p it surprised me anyway...

Where are you getting that from - is it cooked? I have them as 7.5g~/100g frozen, 9.0g~/100g cooked (though I usually weigh 'em frozen).

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I usually put a handful into a fish pie - there was only about 25g peas between all four portions, because that was all I had left!

Dixon1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apparently the bag I had from farmfoods of mixed veg was 2.0 carbs per 100g cooked produce, not really many peas in there