Type 2 Taxi Driver And Testing Bs Before Driving

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone know if you can get a taxi drivers licence if you have diabetics I am type 2 usual 3 yeT licence have been told by my doctor I need to test my bs halfan hour before I drive if 6 or below can't drive and need to stop every 2 hours same thing never heard anything from dvla to this. Effect anyone know if this is correct thank you

D

Deleted Account

How do you treat your diabetes?
If you treat diabetes with anything which may reduce your BG such as insulin, there are rules/guidelines on testing when driving.
I thought they stated below 5.0, not 6.0 but they do refer to testing every 2 hours.

Check out the DVLA website for driving.

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes at the moment I take insulin twice a day can you tell me where I can find the rules guidelines my insurers never raised this thankyou

D

Deleted Account

Yes at the moment I take insulin twice a day can you tell me where I can find the rules guidelines my insurers never raised this thankyou
I see others have provided the links.
If you have told the DVLA you are treating your diabetes with insulin (which is a legal requirement), you should have received this information with your last driving license application form.
My driving license is renewed every 3 years.

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yep rang dvla they you are obliged to follow doctors advice if on insulin monitory is as above and requirement to keep 3 months th record of bs testing can anyone comment on how this is likely to affect my application for a taxi licence and how taxi firms wil view it thanks