Teeth whitening and Diabetes

GlucoseKnight

I had no response from anyone on the forum however I did get a reply from Diabetes UK and so I thought I would share this with you.

There is no evidence to show that there is a risk for people with diabetes that they are aware of and as long as your dentist has receommended or agreed for you to have the treatment then there is no reason why you should not have it.

I am booked in to have mine done this week (in preparation for my Wedding in a few months), I will let you know how it goes.

Hope this has helped answer any queries you may also have.

WhitbyJet

GlucoseKnight thank you for your post.
I actually missed your first one or else I would have responded. I have had teeth whitening done but I am type 2.

I have also had implants done 3 years ago. Normally dentists say these cannot be done for diabetics. However I persuaded my dentist to reconsider by providing 18 months of Hb1ac at non diabetic levels.
I lost 4 teeth as result of a car crash and had to wear a partial denture for it. I couldn't handle it and felt nauseous all the time. The implants worked out perfect I had some bone loss but this was dealt with as well.
I wish you all the best for your forthcoming wedding.

julbaritua

Thanks for this new information for diabetes. And agree to that "as long as your dentist has receommended or agreed for you to have the treatment then there is no reason why you should not have it." And I think also that dentist really knows if it's risky or not right?
Good Luck on your Wedding and Teeth whitening.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yep. Type 1 and I had it done. Not pleasant having jaws locked open for such a long time..gums really hurt for 12 hours. But I wasnt told not to have it done because of my diabetes..

Reactions: 2 people