Teresa May

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree find the man unpleasant, but the protests need to be peaceful and non violent.

And pointless

Trump will hardly notice, and if anything he will like the fact that he is causing disruption.

“Dump Trump” ??? How dare we think we can tell another nation what to do with their democratically elected leader.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
“Dump Trump” ??? How dare we think we can tell another nation what to do with their democratically elected leader.

Mohammad Mosaddegh
Jacobo Árbenz
Patrice Lumumba
Ngo Dinh Diem
Joao Goulart
Salvador Allende

Reactions: dbr10

Roxyharford

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
I also self fund my sensors and can’t work due to being a carer for my 2 of my 4 children who have special needs and after 39 years of finger pricking my skin is pretty tough to say the least !

I’m desperate to get these life improving devices nationally approved for funding for us all and earlier today created a Change.Org petition - please can you sign it and share with as many people as you can to move the funding issue forward https://www.change.org/p/sir-malcol...o-drastically-improve-lives-of-type-diabetics

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

I’m desperate to get these life improving devices nationally approved for funding for us all and earlier today created a Change.Org petition - please can you sign it and share with as many people as you can to move the funding issue forward
It costs $3.00 to sign.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I agree find the man unpleasant, but the protests need to be peaceful and non violent.
And no matter how disagreeable we may find it he is a guest in our country and of our Government. Whom I also find disagreeable.
So keep it dignified is what I say. He'll be gone soon enough.
There were around a quarter of a million people on Friday's protest in London, plus thousands on other protests around the country. Especially good as it was a workday.
The protests were diverse, with lots of young people, dignified and good natured, with quite an element of humour. Even the police seemed sympathetic.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
And pointless
Trump will hardly notice, and if anything he will like the fact that he is causing disruption.
If there had been no opposition he would have claimed the British loved him - he did that though anyway.
Though he will have been kept away from the actual protests he will have seen the press coverage which he is sensitive to, and he did say he was 'unwelcome in London'.
For me the point was to show US citizens, the majority of whom did not vote for him that people around the world were opposed to his views and policies, and they are not alone.
Don't we also criticise Putin and other 'democratically elected' leaders? And US Goernments have not just criticised democratically elected leaders but actively worked to violently overthrow them - Allende in Chile, Bishop in Grenada, among others, and currently Assad in Syria, and Maduro in Venezuela.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbr10

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I am just glad the hateful man is leaving the country now, I wish he had never come here. Just a pity he can't take Theresa with him.

By the the way my nephew now a New Yorker despises him.

Reactions: dbr10 and Prem51

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
While we're talking Donald Trump and apologies if I've posted it else where:

Mind you, he got his right to reply:

I think this just shows that his skin is thicker than that of a rhino and nothing anyone says or does affects him in the slightest, as he so eloquently puts it, he does have $US 7billion (expletive deleted) in the bank and he doesn't have to use one cent of that for security. The UK just forked out how much, did I read £15 million? He's just having a laugh with all of us, he says things to provoke reaction, then denies he ever said it. "Fake news" he says. I still haven't forgiven him for supporting "the friends of Sinn Fein" by paying $200 to attend a benefit dinner and who knows what else. That was just a few months before the Provisional IRA ended its ceasefire with a massive terror attack in London’s Canary Wharf district, killing two people.

He's in Finland now, he and mister putin can have a good laugh together.

Reactions: Prem51 and Guzzler
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
There were around a quarter of a million people on Friday's protest in London, plus thousands on other protests around the country. Especially good as it was a workday.
The protests were diverse, with lots of young people, dignified and good natured, with quite an element of humour. Even the police seemed sympathetic.

In our country, we have the right to protest. Look at some counties, (past and present) where, people are hosed, batonned, beaten, jailed and worse.
I would of liked to have seen the protest, but unfortunately I couldn't, it sounded well organised and good natured.

Reactions: dbr10 and Prem51

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This picture has just been on the news summary of tomorrow’s front pages stating that it’s a postcode lottery getting a Libre like hers.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
In our country, we have the right to protest. Look at some counties, (past and present) where, people are hosed, batonned, beaten, jailed and worse.
Tell that to Ian Tomlinson

Kettling was used to contain student protesters in Parliament Square on 9 December 2010 and thereafter on Westminster Bridge. Protesters were trapped in Trafalgar Square and other landmarks for up to nine hours. An anaesthetist from Aberdeen Royal Infirmary working as part of a field hospital said that there was a serious health and safety risk to people trapped in the kettle and some suffered crush injuries whilst others were nearly pushed off Westminster Bridge into the freezing Thames, likening it to the Hillsborough disaster.

Kettling was again used at the March 2011 anti-cuts protest in London. Activists were given assurances by Metropolitan police that they would be shown to safety after the protest, which was described as non-violent and sensible. Once outside, the protesters were kettled, handcuffed and taken into custody.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
It's on today's Daily Express:

I would love to think that my eMail to Kate Whitfield about her piece in the Sunday Express on 15th July had some effect, at least this piece seems reasonable, maybe I should read it again to make sure.

I noted one thing: "In Northern Ireland and Wales, flash monitoring equipment is freely available." Is that really the case?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tell that to Ian Tomlinson
Many people have been killed on marches/protests in UK historically, among others, striking miners at Tonypandy, Chartists in Manchester rally for voting rights, N. Ireland protesters at 'Bloody Sunday', more recently Kevin Gateley and Blair Peach on anti-fascist protests.
Many more have been batonned and jailed, including Suffragettes, Northern Ireland Civil Rights campaigners, and Poll-Tax protesters.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Many people have been killed on marches/protests in UK historically, among others, striking miners at Tonypandy, Chartists in Manchester rally for voting rights, N. Ireland protesters at 'Bloody Sunday', more recently Kevin Gateley and Blair Peach on anti-fascist protests.
Many more have been batonned and jailed, including Suffragettes, Northern Ireland Civil Rights campaigners, and Poll-Tax protesters.

Yes, there have been deaths on marches and near disaster's. My post was just to highlight that in this country, today, you can have a protest march, where as many countries are extremely restrictive. You have highlighted the above in a friendly way. other's can be so pedantic and come across as rude, so I won't waste my precious time or energy on them.
Have a good day.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
THe
comments below the article suggest it’s cheaper than 8 strips a day on a meter,to the nhs at least. Anyone know if this is accurate? If it surely that’s the route all ccgs should be going? I’ll admit here I know next to nothing about cgm. I would imagine self funding using cheap bulk strips is less than half the price (5x50 @ £7ish v 2x£55ish)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@DavidGrahamJones - Libre is certainly freely available in Wales as long as you meet the criteria. I got mine by dropping my HbA1c by more than the required 27 points in my three month trial.
@HSSS - the NHS pay £35 per 2 week sensor, it’s easy to use £70’s worth of strips in a month as a type one, we tend to have to check many more times a day because of the fast acting nature of insulin - forgive me if you know that already :) But we have to make clinical dosing decisions several times a day, not just as mealtimes but for corrections through the day and often the night. And the data that Libre gives is so much more than just a value, it also tells you if your levels are rising or falling, and how fast. You can see exactly what’s going on, it’s like the difference between watching a film of someone’s holiday compared to half a dozen photos. Total game changer!

DD73C0EE-7987-4339-BB1E-0E89159D17E9.jpeg

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Libre is certainly freely available in Wales as long as you meet the criteria.

Thank you. Same as anywhere in the UK. I was just curious because just mentioning Northern Ireland and Wales seemed to imply England and Scotland is different. I don't know about Scotland but England is the same.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you. Same as anywhere in the UK. I was just curious because just mentioning Northern Ireland and Wales seemed to imply England and Scotland is different. I don't know about Scotland but England is the same.
Not quite the same - many CCGs in both England and Scotland have denied it altogether, they are saying it’s either too expensive or that it isn’t cost effective. So if you live in those areas, you won’t get it at all unless you self fund. Wolverhampton, for example, is prescribing them, yet Birmingham isn’t.

All Welsh and NI CCGs have approved it.