Good luck in your new home Kevin!

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
Wendie says HouseWarming on SKYPE. .... So where ever you are you can be here LOL. !

N

NicolaB70

Good Luck to you and Wendie for tomorrow, hope all goes well. And also hope your new "wheels" arrive quickly!

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks NicolaB70,

I think I'm even more excited about the WHEELS than the new house. .... But don't tell Wendie .... She TRAINED Mike Tyson to Bite off body parts !!!

So anyone out there can build a sidecar LOL. to attach to my QUICKIE JIVE M POWERCHAIR to take Wendie in. Hehehe

N

NicolaB70

Lol. I wouldn't a new set of motorized wheels myself be it a wheelchair or scooter but where and how my house is situated, (steep grassbanks, steps and no easy wheelchair access), I will have to stick to my attendant wheelchair.

N

NicolaB70

#wouldn't mind

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
NicolaB70,

That's the whole reason we are moving to the new house, we live in a council flat, middle of 3. Floors, and.14 Steps up to the flat. .... No chance of a scooter or powerchair here, where as the new house is adapted and I will have somewhere for the chair to be charged up, and stored safely in our new garage, hey the Solar Panels on the roof will hopefully cover the cost of charging it. :thumbup:

I'm sorry your in such a wheelchair unfriendly property, I hope it has some advantages at least,

OT. Also meeting us there to assess if the house meets my needs properly, I wonder if I have a say in it ???

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
kman said:
FERRARI Formula 1 Racing Powerchair. .... LOL. !

Got to tell you Kevin,
Outside our house a few months ago a guy on a mobility scooter came flying down our little hill then done a kind of hand brake turn and came back half way up the hill, stopped got off a started doing something to the rear.
I ran out to assist thinking he was in trouble. he said " its ok mate I am just the mechanic making a test run etc;"

Good luck with your Ferrari.
Roy. :)

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
LOL Roy. :lol:

My Jet propelled FERRARI as automatic safety systems. .... It RUNS Over mechanics :D

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My Jet propelled FERRARI as automatic safety systems. .... It RUNS Over mechanics :D
images
I see what you mean.
By the way give Ross Brawn a phone call, now that has left mercedes, he will know how to tune up your FERRARI to have that DRS (drag reduction thing ) He is not that expensive (just mention our forum).

Roy.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
ROY. I thought that was Diabetes Reeduction System, and I promise NOT to run over Any Forum members. :lol:

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi Kevin

New home and new wheels! I hope they bring you some happiness in the coming months.

I'm thinking about you and wish you well

Cara

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
HI Thanks. and a Big Hug. to. Cara

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cara. Not sure that the Hells Angel outfit will fit. In the chair or the house. But I kinda like the idea :thumbup:

nannyani1

Hi, I know this is different but for the last nearly 9 years I have suffered from chronic neuropathic pain. Ive had so many tests, scans and the whole nine yards, but still nobody can find a cause. Its like im in labour constantly and also take a huge amount of medications including lots of morphine every day. I also have bad days when i cry and dont want to be here anymore. But then i think of my family, i have the most beautifull granson who is the light of my life. I know that my kids (all grown up) would all get ova it if i wasnt here anymore, but how do u explain to a three year old where his favorite nanny has gone? I know that what im going through is very different, but ur family loves u and would hate to think of u suffering alone. Please talk to them, it might be worth asking ur doctor for some counselling, i know it wont make the pain go away but believe me it does help. Talking to someone nutral may help u to see things differently. Im so sorry for ur pain and I hope u can get some sleep and maybe some pain relief. If u want to talk ill be here ok?

Take care, Ani xx

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks Ani, I have PMd you :)

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Keys Today. ...... :D

pinkscooter

Hi Kman

Have been reading your posts since they begun and can actuall say that you have made me take a long hard look at things.

I was diagnosed Type 2 in 2009, until very recently I didnt take any notice and just thought that it would be fine if i just kept popping the pills and it would be ok.

myself and husband are diabetic and made the decision in September to change things, we have seriously cut down on food and acutally started to exercise and can already see a difference.

My husbands diabetes was brought on by steroids for kidey disease which caused him to have multiple blood clots on his heart and lungs in 2005, happy to say that he is on the mend and drug therapy is managing the condition.

My diabetes was purely bought on by me eating rubbish and getting no exercise, hindsight is a wonderful thing !

I read your posts with tears and also thank you for sharing your experience with us, I can genuinely say that I have taken your words on board and will be changing for the better, Your words have made me more determined about this than anything.

I can only wish you as many pain free days as is possible and wish you enjoyable times with your wife and son.

Glad to hear that you get the keys today for your new place, good luck with the move.

saretta

I feel for you, I can only hope your pain will improve. I also second the suggestion someone made -the diabetes solution by doctor bernstein- you can even read some chapters for free on his site. It changed my life.
Wishing you the best

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
HI Folks, today has been a really tiring day, we are all shattered, Firstly we got the keys to our super New House, the Stairlift doesn't work. ... yep the house is all ready LOL !

Then this evening we rushed our Darling Delta the Dog to the PDSA, she was constantly whining and groaning, but no visible source of pain, I was in tears worrying she was in pain like mine, vet found nothing wrong but gave injection for PAIN and to calm her, ring them tomorrow,

Anyway time for bed,

Hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.