Not open for further replies.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
Thanks Nicola, Having to take her back to vets again this morning, very distressing, thoughts for Delta PLEASE folks,

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
DELTA has Colitis, she will be ok, but she's still in pain and discomfort, I was so worried. ... big tough guy I am LOL. !

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Delta is much better this evening, but still in some pain, Removers are ringing me tomorrow to arrange a weekday in the next two weeks to move us into our lovely new house, And I am test driving a version of my Beautiful Powerchair next Tuesday morning !!! :D :D :D

Mad Dad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Litter Droppers. Ignorance & Arrogance. Liars. Tacky Reality TV Shows
Hi Kevin. Sorry too hear about Delta hope she improves soon. Congratulations on your new house and I hope the move goes smoothly....

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks Mad Dad. Delta is so much better, still a way to go, the vet thinks a Bone caused it. ... So NO more Bones for our beautiful Delta the bone lover, House is great,moving is scary and I really can't wait for my lovely Red QUICKIE JIVE M POWERCHAIR. and Independence. !

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Kevin,

How are things going in the new place? How's Delta?

zand

Reactions: 2 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hey folks I'm so sorry I've been absent, You all know we have the Keys to the new house,and we have slowly been taking stuff over to it and throwing lots out, we actually move on Thursday the 19th, My QUICKIE JIVE M POWERCHAIR is now on order from MOTABILITY, and we are all totally shattered,

My pain is currently very very high, plus the angina and arthritis are playing up badly, not good when trying to move house, But by far the Worst of it is that over the last three days, my legs have lost all strength stamina and muscle tone, I have fallen 3 times in 2 days, not major falls but nasty, I have a large bruise on the left side of my head and face, today I seem unable to walk at all and barely able to stand or transfer, making things worse for my Darling Wendie,

I Will do my best to post over next few days, but between now and next Saturday the 21st it will be very busy and very hard for us, plus as I say my Pain is terrible right now, Please pray for us, or spare us a thought when you can,

On a much nicer note Delta our wonderful Dog is much much better and has completely recovered from her attack of Colitus, and she is NO longer in pain,

PLEASE PLEASE folks I know Christmas approaches fast, and all the excesses of the season are very very tempting, but please be careful, control your sugars well, just the odd little treat,please know it ALL counts, and it's so so easy to fall of your regime,

PLEASE Don't be ME, Stay Well, Stay Safe Eat Well. ... PLEASE Stay Alive,

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !

With Love and Fondest Regards

KEVIN and WENDIE.

xxx.

elaine77

It's such a shame, sometimes people just don't listen it's so infuriating! My father in law has been type 2 for about 5years maybe now and he hasn't changed really anything! He has high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart issues and is obese as well as type 2 diabetes and yet he eats baguettes, pasta, pastry.... The only thing he doesn't eat is sweets/desserts it's the classical naïvety of diabetes that u just can't eat sugar, never mind the carbs! He is 55 and I have tried so hard to educate him since I was diagnosed with slow onset type 1 but he just won't listen.... I fear there is just no hope for him.....

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
elaine77

Thanks for sharing, I've sent you a very short PM, If ever you need a chat. ... Well you know where to find me ok. !

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK Kevin,

best wishes for the move, will be praying all goes well and also that your pain eases. Thinking of you

zand

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Josi

Thanks for the PM, I have sent a short reply,

Best Wishes.

N

NicolaB70

Hi Kevin, so glad to hear that Delta is much better now, must be such a relief to you. Also glad the move is going well. So sorry to hear of your falls. I know exactly where your coming from on your legs giving way as the condition I have makes me fall down/over when my legs give way. The most serious damage I did ended up with me in hospital for 2 weeks being operated on after breaking (literally) my leg in two places and having it pinned back together. Hope your pain eases for you over Christmas. Wishing yourself and Wendie a happy Christmas.
Nicola
P.S apologies for calling you Keith in a pm!

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
HI NicolaB70,

Yes very relived poor Delta is ok, the Move is going well, but it's stressful and tiring and not a little scary, but it will be Lovely to be finally in our new home before Christmas, though we're not sure We will have a cooker by Christmas, so Christmas Dinner maybe a Chinese Takeaway LOL ( It would be funny if it wasn't true :lol: ),

No more falls yet this week, but I'm sorry about you breaking your leg on one of your falls, it's really not nice to be falling rather too often,

Pain levels are still very very high, but I am coping right now, especially with the adrenaline rush of the move taking everything else out of mind,

Thanks for your kindness and empathy, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

Hugs.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well folks here we go, the Movers are in at 8am tomorrow and we finally complete our move, boy It's been stressful, and very very wearing, which unfortunately has not been good for me, My pains have been building to a crescendo and is almost at its worst.

Wendie is very very tired, stressed and in pain from her Frozen Shoulder, she's at to do So much of the work, I really hate putting so much on her, but very very soon now with the new house and my POWERCHAIR, thing will be much better and I will be able to do more at least,

I could easily of cracked under the strain, but with my lovely family around me, and all the Love and Support ere on the forum, we are so far intact,

I am not looking forward to tomorrow, but Friday morning Waking for the very first time in our new home, and when my independence begins, that is what I really am looking forward too. !!!

Think of us, send us your prayers, come help hump furniture LOL, I should be around on here over this weekend, thank to all of you,

Love and. HUGS.

Kevin, Wendie and Delta the Dog. :thumbup:

Xxx.

N

NicolaB70

All the Best and good luck in your new home to you both. Also wishing you a Happy Christmas
Nicola

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks to both NicolaB70 and to Tizzy for the best wishes,

Reactions: 3 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Goodnight folks, it's just shortly before midnight, up at 6 am in the morning for the Removal Men coming at 8am,

Boy I'm scared. .... Here comes our New Life :D

Status
Not open for further replies.