Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Jc truth and welcome to the forum.

Can you give us a little more information ? Do you have diabetes, have you seen your GP ?

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I personally don’t suffer with dry hands, but my mum does and she is T2. They think it may be related to her diabetes (but then again they think any ailment she has is related to it!).

she found the only thing which stops the peeling and dryness is the Body Shops hemp hand protector. It’s in a green tube and about £3.50. The reviews online are amazing!

Not sure of the science behind it, but may be worth a go as it’s quite cheap?

M

Member496333

O’Keeffe’s Working Hands is very good. I no longer use it but found it a godsend in the past.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My GP currently prescribes big tubs of Zeroderm Ointment for me. It is quite soothing and a bit less greasy than vaseline. I do like the sound of the Body Shops hemp hand protector. @SB.25 thanks for the tip. I doubt I'll manage to get it on prescription, though.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Jc truth ,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you work in the building construction industry? Some concretes or plaster dusts can have (or have been known to) this effect with prolonged exposure..

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
My GP currently prescribes big tubs of Zeroderm Ointment for me. It is quite soothing and a bit less greasy than vaseline. I do like the sound of the Body Shops hemp hand protector. @SB.25 thanks for the tip. I doubt I'll manage to get it on prescription, though.
I think the medication you mention is what my mum had on prescription - but she found the bodyshop hand protector to work better - perhaps give it a go :)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to trying it.

PS The price seems to have gone up rather since your mum bought it. It now costs £12! https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/hands/moisturisers/hemp-hand-protector/p/p000461
I think she may have used a discount code then? Body shop always have them - normally just google body shop discount code and they will come up. Just show the code on your phone if you buy in store or enter code online. I don’t think I’ve ever paid full price for something in the body shop lol!