Thank you and kind of interesting

Keano100

Just wanted to say big thank you to this place. Was in total panic when got diagnosis 6 months ago. After some reading I decided to go the Diet and exercise root for a bit and see how things went. My first Hbac1 was 101 end of March. Next went to 52 latest last week 38. Was hoping for anything under 50 so over moon with 38. Interestingly I thought this latest test was lost as didn’t get result for a week. And was a bit naughty last week Burger pizza cream tea. Then realised I’d have to do test again and wasn’t very pleased, so did it this morning then they found first one. Quite interested if my week of indulgence altered anything in result. Oh yeah and lost 3 stone as well. So once again massive thank you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wanted to say big thank you to this place. Was in total panic when got diagnosis 6 months ago. After some reading I decided to go the Diet and exercise root for a bit and see how things went. My first Hbac1 was 101 end of March. Next went to 52 latest last week 38. Was hoping for anything under 50 so over moon with 38. Interestingly I thought this latest test was lost as didn’t get result for a week. And was a bit naughty last week Burger pizza cream tea. Then realised I’d have to do test again and wasn’t very pleased, so did it this morning then they found first one. Quite interested if my week of indulgence altered anything in result. Oh yeah and lost 3 stone as well. So once again massive thank you.
Quite the transformation. Massive congratulations.

Reactions: Keano100

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Be proud of yourself because you have done absolute wonders in only six months. Well done you!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic result! Keep up the good work!

Keano100

One other thing I should mention and absolutely no idea if it played a part. But started drinking Yerba Mate tea about 4-5 months in. There is a lot of good reports on it, what I have categorically found with it is the ability to exercise for longer, quicker recovery and no muscle pain which is actually a bit odd. Anyway it’s horses for courses I wouldn’t want to put anyone off taking meds.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
One other thing I should mention and absolutely no idea if it played a part. But started drinking Yerba Mate tea about 4-5 months in. There is a lot of good reports on it, what I have categorically found with it is the ability to exercise for longer, quicker recovery and no muscle pain which is actually a bit odd. Anyway it’s horses for courses I wouldn’t want to put anyone off taking meds.
That's a new one on me!

Dandelade

Fantastic result! Well done

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Excellent news. Well done you!!!!

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite interested if my week of indulgence altered anything in result. Oh yeah and lost 3 stone as well. So once again massive thank you.

I've been you, thinking I might be able to indulge like the old days.
The old days are gone, give them up straight away, it's easier.
The success of your remission might allow more carbs in the future but big picture first.

Hit low carb hard if you want immediate results, good luck

Reactions: EllieM and SuNuman

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Absolutely fantastic. X

Keano100

I've been you, thinking I might be able to indulge like the old days.
The old days are gone, give them up straight away, it's easier.
The success of your remission might allow more carbs in the future but big picture first.

Hit low carb hard if you want immediate results, good luck

Like I said will be interesting to see if the new test after 1 week slightly off the rails alters anything. Tbh I was walking so much I was a little more relaxed with the diet in the 2nd 3 months. But the walking at current levels isn’t sustainable, so I will have to find the balance between diet and exercise. I think my starting point and diet was so bad it gave me a lot of room to manoeuvre. Just about sustaining it now probably hardest part.

Reactions: coby

pinkfoot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well in @Keano100 I'm actually looking forward to my HbA1C after all this dieting I've been doing.

You have achieved some amazing results, congrats!

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well in @Keano100 I'm actually looking forward to my HbA1C after all this dieting I've been doing.

You have achieved some amazing results, congrats!
Pinkfoot I wasn't looking forward to mine today, strangely enough! I think it was that I was afraid that I'd set my expectations too high and was heading for an almighty crash. I've been so relieved and also so pleased that I just went for it :)

Keano100

Having only been diagnosed 6 months the Hba1c test does feel like a constant cloud hanging over you. I guess In a way it’s a good thing as it really keeps you in check and there’s no cheating it. I guess it’s also kind of nice having a target every 3 months but also a bit of a pressure. I’m actually kind of glad I had 2 tests so close together as that’s really reassured me of the accuracy. After the first test at diagnosis of 101 I was like nah this test must be faulty. Although I thought I’d done well in last 3 months I wasn’t totally sure how test was gonna turn out. And 38 was definitely better than I expected now just got to keep that up. Tbh I know I could be even stricter on diet and get it lower, but don’t want to totally deprive myself of few treats. If I can maintain around 38 be very happy.