Thanks, your advice has brought my H1bac's down from 131 to 54 in 3 months

Jasminebella

Thank you Diabetes.co.uk and forum members. When I was diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic in Feb this year with H1bac of 131 I turned to this website and forum for advice. I read so many posts on the forum and followed the LCHF diet plan on the website here. I couldn't wait each week to get my next instalment of the plan so I could get on and follow it.
This week I have been back to my doctor's for my 3 month check up. My H1bac is.down to 54, I've lost over a stone in weight and feel so much bettee. My Doctor is absolutely amazed with my results. And asked how I did it, so I told her I'd been following the advice on this website and sticking to a LCHF diet.
Big thank you to all you forum members. I read loads of posts and took your advice on board. I am going to continue with the LCHF way of eating and now I am feeling more lively and able I am increasing the amount of exercise I do - aided by getting a new puppy a few weeks ago that needs regular walking. Hopefully when I next go back to my doctors in a few month's my results will still be good.

Reactions: 6 people

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Thanks for letting the forum know of your success. Well done. I hope that your story will inspire others to improve their diabetes management. Did you get your eyes sorted out?

Regards

Doug

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Thanks for letting the forum know of your success. Well done. I hope that your story will inspire others to improve their diabetes management. Did you get your eyes sorted out?

Regards

Doug

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant! Very well done. Thanks for posting and do keep us informed of your progress, it's encouraging for everyone, newbies and oldies alike. :)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Jasminebella, what absolutely terrific news. Keep pressing on with the new new, I'm so pleased for you.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @Jasminebella

Congratulations on your fantastic progress. Keep it going and thanks for sharing
Cheers

Jasminebella

When I first started on metformin my eyesight went all blurry. I had real trouble reading. It took about a month and then I started to notice my eyesight improving and it wasn't much longer than that before it was back to normal - and even perhaps a little bit better.
Thanks for the lovely comments guys. I am going to persevere with the LCHF diet as it is working for me.
- oh, and I have been inspired to get a puppy, as I now have more get up & go. It's a great way to get some exercise.

Reactions: 2 people

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
A puppy is a great way forward @Jasminebella my little Ruby is a gift from above.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jasminebella - that's a brilliant achievement! And good luck with your little cuddly bundle of love. But please if you ever use any low carb sweetener keep xylitol out of the house as it's extremely toxic to dogs.

Robbity

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
My son has a puppy - well 9 months old now and my wife Yvonne and I are seriously thinking through whether one would be good for us and U.S for it of course.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

impgolf

Thank you Diabetes.co.uk and forum members. When I was diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic in Feb this year with H1bac of 131 I turned to this website and forum for advice. I read so many posts on the forum and followed the LCHF diet plan on the website here. I couldn't wait each week to get my next instalment of the plan so I could get on and follow it.
This week I have been back to my doctor's for my 3 month check up. My H1bac is.down to 54, I've lost over a stone in weight and feel so much bettee. My Doctor is absolutely amazed with my results. And asked how I did it, so I told her I'd been following the advice on this website and sticking to a LCHF diet.
Big thank you to all you forum members. I read loads of posts and took your advice on board. I am going to continue with the LCHF way of eating and now I am feeling more lively and able I am increasing the amount of exercise I do - aided by getting a new puppy a few weeks ago that needs regular walking. Hopefully when I next go back to my doctors in a few month's my results will still be good.
Well done Jasminebella!! Keep on educating the doctors, too!!