The Cure for Type 2 Diabetes

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I had to read more, I couldn't help myself.

This is a little more info about the man who knows how to cure all cancers, not to mention autism, HIV, Diabetes type 1 and 2 and multiple sclerosis. http://www.cancertutor.com/AboutMe.html

Here is another of his little gems of wisdom.

Did you know that Aspartame (e.g. NutraSweet, Equal, etc.) and Neotame can cause BRAIN DAMAGE to an unborn fetus? This brain damage can be manifest as mental retardation, Cerebral Palsy, autism, ADD, ADHD, brain tumors, and a myriad of other brain related disorders!

•"... aspartame disrupts fetal development by aborting it or inducing defects. And if a live child is born aspartame may have heinously damaged the DNA of the baby, cursing future generations."
James Bowen, MD
I am also convinced that aspartame, during pregancy or during nursing, is a major cause of brain cancer among many children younger than 1 year old.

In fact do not sweeten your food with any man-made substance, including Splenda. Use honey when you can, it is both antiviral and antifungal. (Note: Children under 2 should not be given honey, it is for mothers only.)

In adults, aspartame is known to cause brain cancer.

The man's a complete moron. He should stick to accounting. :evil:

BTW..xyzzy..the Police were a punk band? 'oo you kiddin'? Now if you were talking about the Clash..ah memories :D

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
ladybird64 said:
BTW..xyzzy..the Police were a punk band? 'oo you kiddin'? Now if you were talking about the Clash..ah memories :D

Yeah, yeah I know. They were just a bunch of b****y hippies in disguise but I liked them!

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ladybird64 said:
Did you know that Aspartame (e.g. NutraSweet, Equal, etc.) and Neotame can cause BRAIN DAMAGE to an unborn fetus? This brain damage can be manifest as mental retardation, Cerebral Palsy, autism, ADD, ADHD, brain tumors, and a myriad of other brain related disorders!

Oh that's really nice let's all terrify anyone who's pregnant to make money. The man should be put up against a wall imho

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How can anybody take any of this seriously after you read this http://www.cancertutor.com/AboutMe.html

I especially enjoyed that he personally has proven that both "Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity and his photon theory are both false" :lol:

I did not enjoy that he appears to be a creationist with all its associated mumbo jumbo pseudo science rubbish. Very dangerous people imo. :thumbdown:

A grade A first order nutter.

Back to Budwig though. Here's some stuff you can very easily find.

"Proponents of the Budwig protocol often claim that she was nominated for a Nobel Prize either six or seven times. However, the names of the nominees are never publicly announced, and neither are they told that they have been considered for the Prize. All nomination records for a prize are sealed for 50 years from the awarding of that prize As there are no limits on nominations—any university professor in the world may nominate as many people as he or she chooses—thousands of people are nominated for these awards each year."

and

"After creating and using the "Budwig Protocol" on a number of patients, Budwig was "prosecuted by the medical establishment for malpractice" in Germany for having used flax oil on patients, even though they had untreatable cancers. "

A

Anonymous

FAO of Ladybird & Xzzy - It seems I was completely wrong re. Budwig and Cancertutor, forgive me for trying these alternative treatments, if only I was as well educated as you so obviously are. It must give you enormous pleasure to belittle uneducated, desperate people like myself, please forgive me for insulting your superior intellects, I will refrain from posting any more buffoonery.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
On this forum we are all entitled to our own opinions, and also to bring ideas to the attention of other members.

No-one is getting at you personally, Dodds, just having a go at the theories. The problem with communicating this way is that we don't get to see body language, so it's possible to misunderstand totally what the other person is getting at - as I know to my cost, being a forum virgin when I started here !

The other problem is that we don't get to buy each other drinks to smooth things over! :lol:

There may well be a lot to be said for cottage cheese and flax seed oil. I take flax seed oil capsules myself for part of the year. Sadly cottage cheese is not allowed on a low-carb Atkins-style diet, 'cos it is (relatively) high in carbs. Pity - I used to eat it with steamed white cabbage and lots of black pepper - delicious! :lol:

Why don't we have a Convention?

Viv 8)

Viv 8)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
dodd4721 said:
FAO of Ladybird & Xzzy - It seems I was completely wrong re. Budwig and Cancertutor, forgive me for trying these alternative treatments, if only I was as well educated as you so obviously are. It must give you enormous pleasure to belittle uneducated, desperate people like myself, please forgive me for insulting your superior intellects, I will refrain from posting any more buffoonery.

Don't take in personally dodd. It's just that us diabetics get a bit agrieved when people try and cash in on our chronic illness with apparently miracle "cures."

If it wasn't for unconventional thinkers then scienctific progress wouldn't move very fast. People called Bernstein a crank when he first proposed the whole low-carb thing, and still delight in calling people like Taubs and Lustig crazies, because they're not prepared to accept challenges to conventional wisdom. Look at how much grief the Newcastle Diet people get on this forum for trying a different way of controlling their diabetes.

(Although don't get me wrong, these guys don't have any credibility, and I think that their ideas are pretty crazy - but that doesn't make you a bad person for listening to them with an open mind. Quite the reverse in fact.)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
viviennem said:

You volunteering to handle the catering Viv?

I'm looking forward to the (low-carb) bun-fight between the low-carb high-fat table and the low-carb low-fat table...

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
dodd4721 said:

I most definitely did not belittle you, I read what you had to say extremely carefully and commented that I wished you luck. This guy states that these are cures not a way of controlling diabetes but a cure.

You included the name of the site, I replied to you regarding your own situation and then passed my opinion on what I had read.
For your information, I do not belittle anyone on this website regardless of how they choose to control their diabetes and if you want to try alternative treatments then more power to your elbow.
I have the right to comment on what I have read on that site just as you have the right to post what you want. I have posted my comments to you specifically regarding the definition of a "cure" for diabetes as laid out on the website.

However, I will finish by saying that you have made this personal. You don't know me nor I you but you have made some fairly sarcastic and nasty assumptions.

Here's the deal Dodd.

I have a daughter with "mental retardation" and a granddaughter with Cerebral Palsy. When I see someone come out with such utter tripe as Mr Wotsisface, I will comment.Also anyone who says that all cancers can be treated by Mother Nature should be able to substantiate their theory and I see no proof of that.

If you want to address any issues where I have belittled you or what you have to say personally, then please feel free to raise them with me. No doubt mods will be along to tell me/us to cool our heels so I am more than happy to chat to you by PM if you prefer.

Peace. :)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dodd4721 I had no intention of belittling you personally just the drivel YOU are pushing at very vulnerable people. I do not apologise for doing that one tiny bit. You are the one who resorted to personal abuse.

Perhaps you believe that us in the science and technology arena should just sit here and behave in the media's stereotypical nerdy portrayal of us and that we should accept that c**p while our values are being undermined and attacked. As you've now seen some of us bite back and will continue doing so.

If you really want to learn more about the current state of play regarding low carb research for Type 2 diabetes then a good place to start is the Swedish health service. As their stuff is all in Swedish as far as I can find you may want to read a synopsis and start browsing around from here.

http://translate.google.com/transla...nderar-mattlig-lagkolhydratkost-vid-diabetes/.

You will find if you browse around a bit the mention of several well researched studies on the benefits of a moderate (not zero or even Atkins level) carb diet as opposed to the high carb 1980's style diet still recommended by the NHS is this country. It is however a positive move in the right direction.

No one has yet completed a long term study of the benefits or damage that a prolonged ultra low carb regime can have / could do although the Swedish health system does not explicitly discourage people from doing one nowadays apparently. It just says people who elect to do one should be closely monitored by their HCP's.

triksit

hi daintytweety,
I only applied the main principles of GI and Bernstein, then got on and did my own thing. I was hungry the first week or so, so I upped the fats for a while while my stomach shrank. I find it hard to actually follow a "diet" where someone else decides what you should eat and when.
cheers
Tricia

Pneu

borofergie said:
viviennem said:

I'm looking forward to the (low-carb) bun-fight between the low-carb high-fat table and the low-carb low-fat table...

surely they would be throwing them at viv for putting carby buns on the table?! :)

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Pneu said:
borofergie said:
viviennem said:

surely they would be throwing them at viv for putting carby buns on the table?! :)

We'll have to get WhitbyJet on the catering. I'll handle the wine :shock: :lol:

I was going to say, us low-carbers would be very poorly armed if it came to a bunfight!

We could hold it in Scarborough so that the high-carbers (relatively) can have fish and chips at the Magpie. I might come too! :lol: Just called in for my repeat prescription and the mobile chippie van was parked outside, cooking! Ohhh - the smell :crazy: I was strong :angel:

Viv 8)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
viviennem said:
We could hold it in Scarborough so that the high-carbers (relatively) can have fish and chips at the Magpie.

Last time I was at the Magpie it was situated in Whitby.....has it moved? :lol:

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Sorry - getting confused! Whitby it is then!

Viv 8)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a great thread "cure for Diabetes "---"Fish and chips at Whitby", I wish.
CAROL

A

Anonymous

with regards to your comments regarding Dr Joanna Budwig and her treatment methods Wikipedia states the following;
"After creating and using the "Budwig Protocol" on a number of patients, Budwig was "prosecuted by the medical establishment for malpractice" in Germany for having used flax oil on patients, even though they had untreatable cancers. Though there were many court cases filed against her, "in each instance the courts exonerated her because case histories supported the benefits of her treatment methods."
You and Xzzy chose to omit and ignore the last part of the above for reasons that are unclear, I certainly did not intend to 'push drivel on to vulnerable people'
I never claimed that either the Budwig treatment or http://www.cancertutor was a cure, I stated clearly in my posts I did not believe it was a 'magic cure'
You state you have a daughter with 'mental retardation' and a granddaughter with Cerebral Palsy and I did not mean to offend them in any way with the treatment methods I mentioned, however, I have a wife with Breast Cancer but I did not think it was appropiate to mention this although surely I am allowed to explore alternative treatments?
In your own words 'Here's the deal' Ladybird/Xzzy; your way of criticism regarding the methods I described made the debate personal by using words like 'complete b*****ks, 'A grade nutter', 'complete moron', 'very dangerous people' etc, these are indeed personal comments and as such, are excessive, unecessary and won't do anything to encourage newly diagnosed and inexperienced Forum members like myself to use the Forums.
You have made using the Forum a hostile, unfriendly and unpleasant experience.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dodd4721

I am sorry to read about your wife and wish her a safe and fast recovery.

Regarding our current argument...

The woman was struck off by the German health authorities for experimenting on people without their consent full stop. The outcomes are irrelevant and have never been repeated under a controlled scientific environment rather like Uri Geller's claims of spoon bending haven't either. If they were repeatable then don't you think we would all be benefiting from it 60 years hence?

What possible motive could all governments in all countries have in suppressing a cure for cancer (or diabetes for that matter) for 60 years unless you were to believe in the biggest conspiracy theory ever?

Alternatively and as I said previously if any of the stuff she advocated was in the slightest bit true don't you think 60 years down the line at least one drug company would be selling it?

She was a dangerous woman and was rightly removed by her profession. How would you like it if your GP or hospital doctor started experimenting on you without your knowledge? She seems only surpassed by the dangerous madman who runs that cancertutor site as can easily be judged by anyone who reads the outrageous list of claims on his biography page.

I make no apologies for pointing all of this out and will continue to do so. As I've said before it is not you I'm attacking but the ridiculous and unproven claims that are being made.

If you find some real scientific studies that back up your claims then I'll be the first one to apologise to you.

Why don't you advocate proven and safe approaches to controlling type 2 diabetes like most people do on this forum then this argument wouldn't exist?