The Guardian

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Watching Sky News Papers on tv. The Guardian has written that low carb and low fibre leads to early deaths, according to health organizations. I find this strange as the NHS has just accepted the Low Carb App on this site. Any thoughts?Meant to say this study came from "WHO" World Health Organization

Last edited:
Reactions: dbr10

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly the Guardian is following the Daily Fail and Daily Destress as a source click bait based on articles flip flopping pseudo science.... good today bad tomorrow..
Not a reliable source of information for informed discussion.
:banghead:
A Guardian reader of many decades. :(

M

Member496333

Whereas the low-fat, high-carb regimen has been associated with planet-wide universal immortality since its inception :hilarious:

The Guardian is little more than a despicable tabloid, masquerading as the paragon of ethical jourlanism. I check it fairly often just to see if they’ve printed another sponsored “piece” designed to bamboozle. I’m not very often disappointed.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whereas the low-fat, high-carb regimen has been associated with planet-wide universal immortality since its inception :hilarious:

The Guardian is little more than a despicable tabloid, masquerading as the paragon of ethical jourlanism. I check it fairly often just to see if they’ve printed another sponsored “piece” designed to bamboozle. I’m not very often disappointed.
I agree totally. I noticed that they were also pushing the Vegan diet

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The Guardian is almost 100% behind the vegan WFPB agenda mainly down to George Monbiot I fear...
I am glad that you said that because I noticed that they were pushing the Vegan diet

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The Guardian seems to have a thing about low carb diets and keto. They have been publishing rubbish about it for a while now. It would be good to know who is behind it all.
Apparently the study came from "WHO" World Health Organization

Reactions: miriamy

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
WHO is pushing a plant-based agenda and has been for some time. @CherryAA is pretty vocal on twitter about it. Lots of links between WHO and the new EAT-Lancet agenda as well. It's a web of influence with a core group of billionaire vegan advocates at the centre. They are determined to force this carbage on us.

To quote Mark Sisson, 'Hubris I could cut with a knife: “Together with 30 scientists we are going to tell the world what they should be eating by 2050.”'

https://eyeonglobalhealth.com/2018/12/18/the-future-of-food-interview-with-dr-sandro-demaio/

Galls me that an Australian doctor (Sandro Demaio) is so closely involved.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope these following links work. Frederic Leroy, a Belgian scientist has been putting together a lot of information on this topic.

First is a long thread on the "meat tax" agenda: https://twitter.com/fleroy1974/status/1069692741678972928

One of the slides is about the web of influence, including WHO:

https://twitter.com/fleroy1974/status/1080905309479038980

web.jpg

Reactions: alex1965

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And the paper itself is about carbohydrate quality and not "fibre" per se. i.e. the better quality of the food you eat the longer you are likely to live.. well is that really so surprising as the likelihood is you'll have a better overall diet anyway.
Aseem Malhotra doesn't think much of it...

https://twitter.com/DrAseemMalhotra/status/1083649750807834624

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They were talking about the lack of fibre in a low carb diet on BBC Breakfast this morning. Low carb and low fibre don’t need to go hand in hand. I make up for the loss of fibre from cereals by eating nuts, seeds and psyllium husk etc...

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am sure there is a nugget of truth in it but as usual they like to be disingenuous. A diet low in fibre might well be undesirable but that would be the same in ANY diet, why single out low carb?, makes no sense as you can get plenty of fibre in a low carb diet and in actual fact are more likely to supplement with fibre as you are proactively looking after yourself. When they talk about high fat being unhealthy they show a diet that is high carb/sugar and high fat and then put the negative results down to the high fat aspect...erm, what about the high sugar? As with all of these articles they are biased towards whatever is being promoted.

Reactions: miriamy

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They were talking about the lack of fibre in a low carb diet on BBC Breakfast this morning. Low carb and low fibre don’t need to go hand in hand. I make up for the loss of fibre from cereals by eating nuts, seeds and psyllium husk etc...

Yes, it isn't so much the low carb aspect but the potential low fibre that can accompany low carb that the who-ha is all about. It seems to be saying it is low fibre that shortens life rather than low carb but the pundits have homed in on the low carb.

Reactions: miriamy and dbr10

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apparently the study came from "WHO" World Health Organization
WHO? This is the same organisation that is also showing that animal protein is adversly affecting the environment and responsible almost single handedly for global warming, and that governments must make moves to curb animal farming. This is the same organisation that presented a paper at the EU heart symposiun that also carried the same WFPB message, and was performed and presented by those folks at Boston Hospital / Harvard who are also allied to / funding the ADA and AHA, and who also promote Eatwell and the Food Pyramid, courtesy of Kellogs with the cereals / whole grains / low fat mantra.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex1965
M

Member496333

Fibre schmibre, anyway. As long as you’re passing high quality stools without issue then why care? I don’t understand this fascination with consuming food that can’t be digested. The whole resistant starch process of cooking I find especially strange. Personally I prefer energy dense foods that my body can use efficiently. Obsession with fibre = may as well just paint some food brown and chuck it straight down the toilet.

This is only my view and I don’t wish to offend :)