urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Well done KP.

Reactions: 8 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kevin, looking through your recent posts to summarise your regime would the following be fair.
i) Exercise, considerable amounts.
ii) Diet, controlled, if today's posting on "what you ate today" is the new normal.
iii) Fasting: some short some long.

Result: 29 :)

Have I missed anything?

Thinking for myself, I think I could review all of the above.... not tried any fasting yet...

You and Mrs KP and your Docs must be tickled pink.
Really well done.

Reactions: 4 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Kevin, looking through your recent posts to summarise your regime would the following be fair.
i) Exercise, considerable amounts.
ii) Diet, controlled, if today's posting on "what you ate today" is the new normal.
iii) Fasting: some short some long.

Result: 29 :)

Have I missed anything?

Thinking for myself, I think I could review all of the above.... not tried any fasting yet...

You and Mrs KP and your Docs must be tickled pink.
Really well done.

You've got it. Diet was 25g LCHF but I am now testing and so this next three months will be about 50-75g, but lots of BG testing so that I can see what my body does and does not tolerate:)

Yes we are very happy. Doc would like me st the end of the next 6 months (Jan 2017) to push down A1C to no higher than 25.... I'll give it a go, but unrealistic this next three months whilst testing I would have thought. His target would mean my average 24 hours a day would be highish 4s....tough:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Kevin you are definitely a winner!

I cannot compare myself with your formula as I wouldnt be able to sustain such an intense regime.
I wouldnt set myself up for the fall.
I know what my capabilities are and whilst looking after my young family I cannot give myself the attention needed.
I'm not saying for ever thou.

When I'm ready you will have so many more achievements under your belt at that point. Please don't forget me when you're signing your new book. lol
A very well done for all your hard work. :) :) :)

Reactions: 6 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Fab result - well done

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You've got it. Diet was 25g LCHF but I am now testing and so this next three months will be about 50-75g, but lots of BG testing so that I can see what my body does and does not tolerate:)

Yes we are very happy. Doc would like me st the end of the next 6 months (Jan 2017) to push down A1C to no higher than 25.... I'll give it a go, but unrealistic this next three months whilst testing I would have thought. His target would mean my average 24 hours a day would be highish 4s....tough:)

Why? Just why does your doc want that low, @KevinPotts ?
I applaud your success, but why would doc want you to lower further? What is the rationale behind that? Is it to give a 'buffer zone' to protect future. I would really be asking doc to explain. Is this NHS guidelines or is it a private doc?

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Low 4's, that's 4.4 in old money.
You may need a 2 week fast for that one!

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic result, I'm mightily impressed:cool: A just reward for all your determination and steely willpower!!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Why? Just why does your doc want that low, @KevinPotts ?
I applaud your success, but why would doc want you to lower further? What is the rationale behind that? Is it to give a 'buffer zone' to protect future. I would really be asking doc to explain. Is this NHS guidelines or is it a private doc?

He did in some detail:) He referred me to some current thinking that looked at consistent averages of BG. The mid to high 4s if possible have much more stable corresponding metabolic markers.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He did in some detail:) He referred me to some current thinking that looked at consistent averages of BG. The mid to high 4s if possible have much more stable corresponding metabolic markers.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum
Thanks @KevinPotts
Please don't keep it to yourself. Lots of people would like to emulate your success, so can you give references to this current thinking you were referred to by the doc? I and others like to read, reflect, and apply findings to our own individual circumstances. This could be the breakthrough we have been looking for. Fascinating stuff. Your doc must have really done her / his homework. So not NHS then?
I think I mentioned before that I ask lots of questions. Probably forgot to mention, they usually lead to me asking more.
;):)

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant result @KevinPotts, expected nothing less after all your hard work and effort. truly an inspration - very well done.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Super @KevinPotts ! What a success story ! Keep Going mate. :)

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Does your doc recommend this target and treatment regime to all his patients?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Does your doc recommend this target and treatment regime to all his patients?

Good question and the answer is no:) unfortunately he say 99% of those diagnosed, want a tablet and to carry on with life as they've always lived :(