The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

We had a veggie soup with potato in the other day and no change in my BS. I was well pleased. No, not tonight, it is on Friday! Sister arrives Thurs and son etc on Friday. It has been so difficult keeping it secret!
Is Mum with you for rest if week? Be even harder now if she is

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Is Mum with you for rest if week? Be even harder now if she is
Noooooooo please don't even think that.... she stays the weekend sometimes and much as I love her I am always pleased to see her off the property!.. Besides, My nephew and his wife are coming to visit her on Saturday, his mum is the sister who will be visiting from Spain. I have just suggested to Mum that she clears the spare room for US to stay in on her birthday.... my sister will be staying with her.. I can not tell ma that so I fibbed :) My mother has a plan for every eventuality ... she has a sleeping plan for visitors after her funeral for goodness sake!!!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My mother barely made it to 80, but I was surprized she got that far, my dad made it to 90. I cherish their every cantankerous objectionable oppositional argument they had with me and miss them very much.

I was thinking that maybe you could turn it around and make it a dad and daughter only diabetics need come kind of thing? Sy that since he is diabetic, too, you wonder if he would go with you to your next appointment with the dietician. Then make sure to ask his opinions of that person you have carefully selected in advance?

It sounds like you had one of those high temp healings? I always find sweat is a blessing.
@Contralto I don't think that would work, they live 40miles away and Dad doesn't drive! I wish the sweat had healed me.. am still coughing up multi coloured phlegm!

K

Kat100

My favourite GP girl , has retired .. she broke the rules gave me a meter and all that goes with it ..
I was not a regular tester , but good to have for now and then and those moments...

Anyway I recently saw my old part time GP .. male
Does that matter ... :wideyed:
it's the person who understands isn't it ..

Anyway getting to my scream .. I noticed that when ordering my meds on line , my strips and lancets have been stopped ..
Screaming at the computer screen I was ..:woot:
No discussion ... I knew one GP supported testing , one did not ..
Now repeat prescription has been stopped ...
I had a one to one only recently and stoping my order was not discussed ..

I will take this up in the new year now .. sometimes I just get very cross with some health care practices ...

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Aaahhhh fuming mad .com

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Don't you just love husbands. He put in a complaint with hospital for a face to face . He's just told me its because he wants me to have my P.M.T. love you @eldergarth if it does click in god help all that are there.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Glad they've found some new meds to try. Fingers crossed they work this time. More BUG GENTLE Bear hugs
Thanks only problem with the new ones if have to have more than one can't drive there a banned drug with the DVLA

AnnInDenmark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This has been happening to me so many times in my life, but three times within a week has let me fuming.:banghead:

Buying some fabric and told the lady how much I wanted so she could cut it.
Salesperson: ”What do you need it for?”
Me: ”I only need one and a half metres, please.”

I needed a sheet of plywood cut to size, and made a drawing of the cuts, including all the information needed, type, thickness, measurements.
The salesperson looked at it and said: Well, that's pretty clear. What do you need it for?”
Me, dodging the question: ”Can you cut it now, or do I have to come back tomorrow?”

Then I wanted to buy a certain paint that I have used before. It was nowhere to be found in my town, but the net told me that a store in a nearby town had it, so I drove there. I told the salesperson the make, colour, gloss, and amount. All he needed to know.
Salesperson: ”Never heard of it. I'm sure we don't have it.”
Me: ”Your website claims you have six buckets in stock.”
He checked his computer, didn't say anything, but then walked around the store for ten minutes, looking for it. He finally found it, came back to me, and I payed.
Then the question came: ”What do you need it for?”
I swallowed down a snide remark and just said: ”I am going to put it on my wall.”

When I tell them exactly what I want, why do they ask this question, even when the answer is logical? I was once asked when I bought som towels. Towels, for heaven's sake! :arghh:
It annoys me sooooo much. It is none of their business when I don't ask for advice. :stop:

I actually feel a little better now.
Thanks for reading. :)

K

Kat100

This has been happening to me so many times in my life, but three times within a week has let me fuming.:banghead:

I needed a sheet of plywood cut to size, and made a drawing of the cuts, including all the information needed, type, thickness, measurements.
The salesperson looked at it and said: Well, that's pretty clear. What do you need it for?”
Me, dodging the question: ”Can you cut it now, or do I have to come back tomorrow?”

Then I wanted to buy a certain paint that I have used before. It was nowhere to be found in my town, but the net told me that a store in a nearby town had it, so I drove there. I told the salesperson the make, colour, gloss, and amount. All he needed to know.
He checked his computer, didn't say anything, but then walked around the store for ten minutes, looking for it. He finally found it, came back to me, and I payed.
I swallowed down a snide remark and just said: ”I am going to put it on my wall.”

When I tell them exactly what I want, why do they ask this question, even when the answer is logical? I was once asked when I bought som towels. Towels, for heaven's sake! :arghh:
It annoys me sooooo much. It is none of their business when I don't ask for advice. :stop:

I always like sales staff who chat and engage in conversation..
perhaps the asked you to much detail ..

Now what was it for lol o_O

D

debrasue

I suppose sometimes they're saying it to try and be helpful, in case you don't have all the information you need, but also they're saying it sometimes to try and sell you something extra, and sometimes they're just being plain nosey!
:)

Reactions: AnnInDenmark

Jogreen21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@ellagy. Just read your post from 20th nov about ur mum.i care for my mum and shes nearly 96. She too still "has her marbles" but its either her way or no way I'm afraid.i agree to anything within reason as its easier.bless them. X