The SCREAM thread

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
When I can kick this 'flu and asthma, I guess. I'm working on it....
Sorry to hear your not well Debs sending massive hugs .
Don't post / visit as much at min the confusion.com makes it hard for me to concentrate for to long forget what I want to say

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I wish someone there would contact Ron and give him some decent care. That is all Ron is asking for!!! Do they not get that? Why not??? GP should be explaining what's needed and who will provide it. Come on GP for Ron, sort our friend out, properly. For god sake!!!
@tina_marie get Ron to sit out a dirty protest at GP practice tilsome decent care organised. They've made it look like a huge joke!
Ron's got appointment with gp today

Reactions: ickihun
S

Sable_Jan

If I wasn't overburdened with my own family needs I would be able to be more available but my young family dynamics are stretched at the seems.
I cannot give anymore than I'm giving already. Totally exhausted looking after my own responsibilities. This chap needs to look after his own before sherking his and deligating them to strangers. He has plenty of family and nearly 1000 facebook friends. He doesn't need me. He shouldnt assume I can help. We have problems of our own.
Quite agree. I wouldn't assume anything of my neighbours of 14 years, much less new acquaintances.....you just don't do it......

S

Sable_Jan

Not really... still wallowing. :(
Another hug is called for
261294a9cd82316949911facb25edf14.gif

S

Sable_Jan

What is the point of kingsmill hospital having a review page on their web site if they remove your comment cause it's a negative one. I guess the truth hurts .
Not in the same league but Argos did the same with one of mine about their customer service few years back

S

Sable_Jan

Sorry to hear your not well Debs sending massive hugs .
Don't post / visit as much at min the confusion.com makes it hard for me to concentrate for to long forget what I want to say
Has anyone assessed you for fibromyalgia ? Alas no cure but an explanation of your pain and memory at least

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Woohoo, things are looking up. Don't let them rush you and if you've time now before you go write a list of EVERYTHING you need to say/ask. Good luck
Been preparing a list all week. I'm getting fed up now so gp is in for a beating .

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Has anyone assessed you for fibromyalgia ? Alas no cure but an explanation of your pain and memory at least
No Jan only tested for MS asked about guillian barre syndrome but was told flatly without any tests it's not that
had EMG test that came back normal .
My muscle pain has now spread to my left shoulder and left side of my neck so it now affects my whole left side and the lower half of my right leg
Asking for referral to QMC for neurology and dermatology

S

Sable_Jan

No Jan only tested for MS asked about guillian barre syndrome but was told flatly without any tests it's not that
had EMG test that came back normal .
My muscle pain has now spread to my left shoulder and left side of my neck so it now affects my whole left side and the lower half of my right leg
Asking for referral to QMC for neurology and dermatology
Hope the doc sees sense and refers you. Has he ever given you Gabapentin for the pain? I've got a low dose of one of its derivatives, pregabalin and my muscles aches are much less.....doesn't do much for other pain but cleared my widespread aches....
Hope they can get to the bottom of your hell and give you something to take the pain away

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hope the doc sees sense and refers you. Has he ever given you Gabapentin for the pain? I've got a low dose of one of its derivatives, pregabalin and my muscles aches are much less.....doesn't do much for other pain but cleared my widespread aches....
Hope they can get to the bottom of your hell and give you something to take the pain away
He's been on gabapentin since August .

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Take 2 gabapentin 3 times a day plus 2 clonazepam at night but supposed to be for my restless leg syndrome and for my seizures

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
You couldn't make this up . Amazing what one phone call does . Pitty gp couldn't do it .

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Thanks, Ron - sending you hugs, too.
Thanks Debs just got back from docs for my next lot of referrals finally got occupational health coming to assess me but still no answers to what is causing my problems

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I am going to scream a little... night before last I had a rotten night... awake every 5 mins in pain..... Cos I went to bed early with a temperature and forgot to take my meds. Last night I could not get comfortable..ended up lying on my back with my pillow scrunched up under my neck, head hanging off the back. Finally managed to sleep around 2.am only to wake at 3.30 absolutely soaking wet. My hair looked and felt freshly washed! All changed! Eventually went back to sleep.
Consequently am tired today. Mum asked what I was eating so I told her....."Oh I couldn't ask your Dad to not eat potatoes, and we have pasta once a week etc etc. And what about it not being a regular diet, there are so many fad diets around!!" Dad at least seems interested (he's T2) with high BS. She goes on and on that he hasn't seen a dietician in 16 yrs. I told her to go with him to an appointment he made with one. His BS is even higher than mine! I very calmly asked her if it was working for me...."Well you haven't lost much weight on it" This is unfortunately true ...but I have lost a little.... and not put any on! So I asked her again, is it working for me...is my BS down... is my cholesterol down? She very reluctantly agreed it was... But what are you eating... I told her again! She is 84 on Friday and apart from a little forgetfulness she is still as sharp as they come! She drives me up the wall.... My dad is to soft with her preferring a quiet life to arguments, Ooooh... I feel better already...thanks for listening!

Reactions: Jogreen21
S

Sable_Jan

I am going to scream a little... night before last I had a rotten night... awake every 5 mins in pain..... Cos I went to bed early with a temperature and forgot to take my meds. Last night I could not get comfortable..ended up lying on my back with my pillow scrunched up under my neck, head hanging off the back. Finally managed to sleep around 2.am only to wake at 3.30 absolutely soaking wet. My hair looked and felt freshly washed! All changed! Eventually went back to sleep.
Consequently am tired today. Mum asked what I was eating so I told her....."Oh I couldn't ask your Dad to not eat potatoes, and we have pasta once a week etc etc. And what about it not being a regular diet, there are so many fad diets around!!" Dad at least seems interested (he's T2) with high BS. She goes on and on that he hasn't seen a dietician in 16 yrs. I told her to go with him to an appointment he made with one. His BS is even higher than mine! I very calmly asked her if it was working for me...."Well you haven't lost much weight on it" This is unfortunately true ...but I have lost a little.... and not put any on! So I asked her again, is it working for me...is my BS down... is my cholesterol down? She very reluctantly agreed it was... But what are you eating... I told her again! She is 84 on Friday and apart from a little forgetfulness she is still as sharp as they come! She drives me up the wall.... My dad is to soft with her preferring a quiet life to arguments, Ooooh... I feel better already...thanks for listening!
Glad to be here for you.
Sounds like Mum is keeping Dad on the carbs.....Mums can be hard work in later years as I found when I stayed over with mine when my brother was on holiday once...
I've not very low carbed, just enough to keep my meter happy....
I've got a veggie broth cooking with one big spud diced into it....as I've been tasting (I season towards the end of cooking with barley, pulses, beans so they don't go hard) I've had a bit of potato..might pick them out... do you find veggie things seem very sweet these days?
Hope your head improves. Is tonight the special meal?
Enjoy whenever it is....

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Glad to be here for you.
Sounds like Mum is keeping Dad on the carbs.....Mums can be hard work in later years as I found when I stayed over with mine when my brother was on holiday once...
I've not very low carbed, just enough to keep my meter happy....
I've got a veggie broth cooking with one big spud diced into it....as I've been tasting (I season towards the end of cooking with barley, pulses, beans so they don't go hard) I've had a bit of potato..might pick them out... do you find veggie things seem very sweet these days?
Hope your head improves. Is tonight the special meal?
Enjoy whenever it is....
We had a veggie soup with potato in the other day and no change in my BS. I was well pleased. No, not tonight, it is on Friday! Sister arrives Thurs and son etc on Friday. It has been so difficult keeping it secret!