1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The SCREAM thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Robinredbreast, Apr 19, 2015.

1. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

I hate podiatrists. :grumpy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ellagy

ellagy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thinking about you Contralto, warm hugs!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. tina_marie

tina_marie Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Oh for heaven sake , will whatever is causing my husband's condition please do one and give him a break. His left leg has gone back to the jerking movements.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Janiept

Janiept · Expert

Has he got RLS tina maria?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. tina_marie

We thought he had months ago so neurologist put him on gabapentin but because of the patches he's been on he stopped all other meds . Now it's started again, although RLS was never investigated.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Janiept

Janiept · Expert

It sounds like RLS which I know personally can drive you nuts. Perhaps a visit to the docs to ask whether he can take the gabapentin again might be useful. Hope it gets sorted

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. tina_marie

He's been today for antibiotics for pleurisy. So doctor told him to lay of patches until his chest stops hurting. We might as well move in .

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Janiept

Janiept · Expert

Oh dear that's so wearing when you practically live at the surgery isn't it. Sending positive thoughts for a quick recovery from the painful pleurisy and hope you can get the jerking legs sorted soon too. Let us know how it goes?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Jogreen21

Jogreen21 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Aaaaaarrrrrgghhhhhh

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  10. qe5rt

qe5rt Type 1 · Well-Known Member

God i hate "the holiday season" even something as simple as going to the grocery store becomes hell because of all the people there. Dodging shopping carts on X-mass music makes me go mental, i exited the grocery store with a mood that would make the grinch shiver.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. mist

mist · Guest

Yea but, PREZZYS!!! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Moody medical receptionists who did not send of samples to lab for testing a few weeks ago .. feeling annoyed ..

Self checking arriving for appointment.. not alerting you are there for an appointment ..waited for ages before reporting it .

Then having the wrong drugs in your regular medication because they belong to another person x

I get so fed up with the NHS these days ..
    Not all the time , just some of the time , like this morning ..

Looking forward to returning medication .. what shall I swap it for :nurse::joyful::cool:

• Hug Hug x 2
  13. jonniey

jonniey Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Who locked my celibate for life thread, I thought this place was to discuss my issues for people s advice.

14. jonniey

15. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Any of the admin team have the power to do that. The moderators are there to step in when forum rules are not adhered to.....

• Like Like x 2
  16. jonniey

How did I break the rules??

17. hornplayer

hornplayer · Well-Known Member

One of the administrators locked it.
    Trouble was Jonniey, we tried giving you advice and support, but it didn't seem to be what you wanted to hear. We all understand the need to lash out in frustration sometimes, but it's still important to be aware of other people's feelings. Some of the things you said were a bit out of order.
    The thread was locked because it just wasn't getting anywhere constructive, it was just winding up into something upsetting for everyone.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

The Moderators appear to have locked your thread because it became clear that you had no interest in listening to anybody's advice and merely wanted a platform to complain from. And actually this forum is for many, many people who want support and advice in order to learn how to manage their diabetes and related problems.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I dissagree.. I was learning something from that thread. And found it really helpful..?!
    For years I've been beating people off with a stick?
    Now I realise the way forward is to ditch the empathy, tidy up my image drink more booze & get a bike... ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. jonniey

Celibate for life was an off topic tread..... after all. I wasn't done speaking my mind

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook