The SCREAM thread

S

Sable_Jan

It is difficult with older people, my dad went into a care home last year, 2 days before Christmas, I cared for him ( he is 93) and it broke my heart to do it, but he is happy and well cared for ( he was found wandering outside, in November 2015 at 1.30 am and the police came round to tell me) Sometimes, things have to be done for the health and safety of that person.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is difficult with older people, my dad went into a care home last year, 2 days before Christmas, I cared for him ( he is 93) and it broke my heart to do it, but he is happy and well cared for ( he was found wandering outside, in November 2015 at 1.30 am and the police came round to tell me) Sometimes, things have to be done for the health and safety of that person.

Yes, we lost my dad last year (this weekend). He had alzheimers and it was becoming increasingly difficult for my mum to manage at home with him. It sounds harsh, but in the end his body gave way before his mind. Sad, but at least we can remember him "with us" not an absent individual.

It's a tough call between understanding what people want and what they need. And then persuading them that they need changes. We're trying, but it's just hard.

It's good to here you're dad's safe and cared for. You can't ask for more than that.

93 or 96, they have the propensity to act like kids!! All part of life's rich tapestry...

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
4+Children+For+Sale.jpg
I was one of that 4. Ha ha

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I cannot sleep again on 200mg of levothyroxine. Nurse said blood pressure is good. I would expect high blood pressure with overactive thyroid symptoms thou. Having blood test next tuesday on liver function due to tablets and thyroid checked as it will be 6 weeks on 200mg dose.
Mind u I did have high blood pressure after shouting at idiot neighbour,

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I cannot sleep again on 200mg of levothyroxine. Nurse said blood pressure is good. I would expect high blood pressure with overactive thyroid symptoms thou. Having blood test next tuesday on liver function due to tablets and thyroid checked as it will be 6 weeks on 200mg dose.
Mind u I did have high blood pressure after shouting at idiot neighbour,

I had a terrible night's sleep, couldn't settle, even I went to bed earlier as I was tired :rolleyes:
Good luck with the tests next week and enjoy a quieter weekend.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
heated pool and initially help from a therapist on how to move in the water
Sorry @Contralto I've missed your previous post. Are you having arthritic problems now, too?
I've reduced pork fat and other animal fats as they are joint pain agitants. Which I saw you have too recently. I've no improvement. In fact I'm in more pain on some days. I'm blaming something in lchf diet as I've never had joint problems, all my overweight life.

S

Shar67

This scream is to scream at myself.
I have felt like causing an argument, i feel full of rage. Sometimes I think it is diabetes but more often I feel it is my own self that is just waiting to implode

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have felt like causing an argument, i feel full of rage. Sometimes I think it is diabetes but more often I feel it is my own self that is just waiting to implode
I hope it doesn't last. Take a virtual hug and sympathetic ear.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Seven months on and still no closer to what's wrong . Now Ron has to ring up hospital and chase up his test results himself. Scream ..... I could swear .
Why doesn't your gp help him more? Are you not tempted to change drs? You've had no real help from him. After xmas I will be jearing mine up, maybe sooner if diabetic nurse thinks more should be done. Seeing her next week.
Drs can make me scream but in fairness mine has spent a lot of money on me and my family since I've returned to Sunderland. Hoping an x-ray might flag something up for me since no improvement. Just horrific pain in walking, even on loads of painkillers. My poor liver!
I feel like screaming for you @tina_marie . I think Ron has been treated shabbily. X

Prettypinkpetals

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm full of rage today, had a massive row with the boyfriend & now feel rubbish, am totally ****** off, paranoid & had enough of his ex.... she wants him back & is using the kids to manipulate him....I've had enough!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
A lot of my friends on fb have said the same to change doctors . I feel like banging my head against a brick wall. His memory is terrible his mum has asked me not to let him out alone because of what happened a few weeks ago. It's the meds doctor won't reduce them or stop the gabapentin cause of the seizures . I'm sure there are other meds for this with less damaging affects.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A lot of my friends on fb have said the same to change doctors . I feel like banging my head against a brick wall. His memory is terrible his mum has asked me not to let him out alone because of what happened a few weeks ago. It's the meds doctor won't reduce them or stop the gabapentin cause of the seizures . I'm sure there are other meds for this with less damaging affects.
I know you have your hands full. I hope something changes soon. I'm very upset that Ron has just been left to get on with it. Has he been referred to pain clinic?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm full of rage today, had a massive row with the boyfriend & now feel rubbish, am totally ****** off, paranoid & had enough of his ex.... she wants him back & is using the kids to manipulate him....I've had enough!
I hope your upset doesn't last and the hurt is comforted. It's rotten when there's a row and things said in haste. Hoping laughter and joy follows.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I know you have your hands full. I hope something changes soon. I'm very upset that Ron has just been left to get on with it. Has he been referred to pain clinic?
Yes he has but not until the end of this month. Just hope they can sort out some proper pain relief .

S

Sable_Jan

Could it be hormonal?