They fitted Dexcom G6 CGMs to 153 non-diabetics to define normal glucose . . . & the results are in

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This was a study done in 2019 which I've only recently found online.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7296129/
I've seen historical CGM data dating back a decade or more but this may be one of the first studies using the next generation devices we are more familiar with & can compare ourselves to.

The main takeaways as were revealed at a recent conference, scroll down
https://diatribe.org/easd-day-3-hig...hare-unique-and-important-data-cgm-and-hybrid

Researchers analyzed 10 days of Dexcom G6 CGM data from 153 children (6+ years) and adults with a baseline A1C of 5.1%. The primary findings:

• Among all study participants, the average blood sugar was 99 mg/dl

• Time-in-tight-range of 70-140 mg/dl was 97% in this group of people without diabetes

• Average time in hyperglycemia (blood glucose greater than 140 mg/dl) for the group was 2.1% (just 30 minutes per day)

• Average time greater than 160 mg/dl was approximately 4 mins/day

• Time below 60 mg/dl and 54 mg/dl were both negligible
bgp1.png

My own observations:
Their average glucose exactly correlates to their A1c as in 99mg/dl = 5.1% A1c.
The GMI conversion you see on your Libre Glucose Report may estimate a much higher A1c than your average glucose so I'm not sure why theirs is spot on.
We have always suspected that some diabetics spike higher than 7.8(140) & herein we have the measured proof.
Thought it was interesting.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Interesting yes.
However its gotta be said that 153 is a very small amount of people for any kind of useful statistical analysis - though I realise for something like this you may never get a relevant amount of people

finsit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The time in range between 70-120 mg/dl was 87% in the same study FYI.