1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Thin Type 2 Diabetics

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Grateful, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

I'm surprised that your Mum's family skinny ones turn out to be T2? How did the GPs know this? There is no real test for T2 versus T1 other than looking for high insulin resistance via the C-peptide test or specific resistance tests which GPs don't routinely do. I wonder whether these family members were actually LADA?

2. Mugi

Mugi · Member

Hello. For protein, I take fish once or twice a week.

3. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Hello Mugi, I'm glad you are eating fish regularly. Did you know, we need to consume protein every day as our bodies can't store it?
    https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/need-protein-day-week-7759.html
    Because I am trying to improve my muscles AND need to replace the carbs I am cutting out of my diet I consume protein at every meal. It is also thought that as we get older we need to take in more protein because we absorb it less well.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook