1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

This web site is absolutely infuriating

Discussion in 'Greetings and Introductions' started by Gork, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Gork

Gork Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Light orange lettering? Grey to invisible text boxes? What is this?

I tried several different browsers and more than one computer/monitor so it must be at your end. I went down to the library amd asked a few to see if they can navigate the pages but they all questioned the integrity of the site.

I tried to include a screencapture. What does "Image URL" mean? The pic is in my pictures folder.

2. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

I know its possible to change the colour / font etc that the site comes up in as I remember I did it myself but cant remember how, which isnt a lot of help I know!
    Ill tag one of the moderators who may know more
    @DCUKMod

3. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

@Gork , I can't say I rercognise what you are describing.

You can adjust the colourway for the site under Preferences, in your Account. T o access your account, click on your user name at the top right hand side of your screen.

You could also email the screenshot you have taken to [email protected] and your issue can be investigated. If you do email in the image, please include in your email what operating system and browser you are using, so that the investigations can be appropriately focused.

4. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

If you go to your user profile, chose preferences and change the colour in the two choices. Mild is easier on the eyes.
    When you make a post there is an option to upload a file such as your screenshot pix.

5. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

There is a drop down menu below the 'Diabetes Events & Fundraising' section where you can choose the style, there is a choice of 'Red' which is the default which maybe what the OP has, or 'Mild' where everything is more grey :)

6. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

to upload an image it also needs to be smallest size

7. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

@Gork If you scroll down to the bottom of any page you will see a drop down box allowing you to chose Mild or Red. I use Mild as that is easy on the eyes and comes up as black, white, and grey.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I upload all of my images to a image hosting website called imgur, this way there is no restriction on size and I have full control of them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Noted, ta!

10. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

You need to make an account which is free to have full control hank.

• Like Like x 1
  11. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I tried "red" and "mild", and I'm on a Chromebook whose screen has terrible resolution, AND I have old eyes, which demand that the brightness level on every device I use be turned up to max at all times. I selected "mild". I do see the pale gray, but orange is nowhere. There's a bit of red at the top with the logo, but that's it. I'm sorry you're having this problem! I get really frustrated at Gmail every time they make it harder to see what you're doing: try the new totally invisible/transparent text fields! You have to tap/click and guess. I guess that's an improvement over knowing what you're doing to some genius young coder...... /soapbox Gmail rant

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook