Tight foreskin!

Lucask

Hi I'm type 2 and recently I have been suffering from a tight foreskin which will not pull back over the head. Does anyone else suffer from this and if so how did u treat it :(

Reactions: 2 people

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Lucas..In the nicest possible way,Myself and a few others answered this a month ago when you asked,yesterday you posted a duplicate thread to the first one which again,people answered why this can happen in Diabetic males so I'm not sure why you've started an EXACT same thread again :?: Just an observation

Lucask

Don't think that's a very constructive comment Paul. People post on here for help and advice and yes I may have already posted this thread but maybe I didn't get the answers I was looking for and wanted to re post in hope that it caught someone's eye who could help. Whats the harm in that?

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
I Wasn't being unpleasant so sorry if it come across that way but none of us are medically qualified and can only give our experiences as we've had them and the possible causes have been explained in the other 4 threads you posted and as this problem is not a nice one as I know from experience then I REALLY would see a doctor.

Good luck

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Paul1976 said:
I Wasn't being unpleasant so sorry if it come across that way but none of us are medically qualified and can only give our experiences as we've had them and the possible causes have been explained in the other 4 threads you posted and as this problem is not a nice one as I know from experience then I REALLY would see a doctor.

Good luck

+1

We've given our opinion as a community. If you keep asking the same question to the same group of people then you'll probably get the same answer. If your penis is still dodgy 2months after you asked the question, then you should really go and see the Doc. After all, it's your penis. You only get one of them. You need to look after your old Fella.

Millerite

Ok I'm going to stop posting silly things now and get on the topic of wonky willies

Hello everybody, my name is Millerite and I have a wonky willy.
Mine was caused by thrush. (yes blokes get it too) and from a recent poll taken by a number of ex girlfriends, along with the common cold and stumping one's toe, the effects are far worse for men than they are for women.

Get yourself down the docs, or to a GU clinic, the first few times I went I was given some hypo-allergenic stuff to clean with, and prescribed what was in effect canisten. after a few more times I was given a wink, and greeted by my first name. nice bunch at the GU clinic.
Note. The nurse will likely ask if you want a testicle examination to check for testicular cancer? I'd suggest taking her up on that, as cancer is a very serious thing.

But maybe you're too shy to go and get interfered with by nurses. if so, I'll tell you what I do.
As I now know that what I get is thrush and is easily treated with canisten. don't bother the lovely nurses with the warm hands at the GU clinic, but rather just deal with the issue myself.
with me, the reason the foreskin is tight and won't draw back, is because it's swollen. at first it looks normal because the swelling is on the inside. this can get a lot worse if not treated soon.
so it's best to sort it ASAP.

I soak a flannel in clod water, and dab the end of my swollen member with it. the flannel gets warm, so I soak it again and we go full circle.
after a few gentle rubs with the flannel, I start to wipe inside the foreskin, it can take a little while for the forskin to loosen, but I think it;s the cold that eases the swelling.
As the swelling eases, I can start to pull the foreskin back slightly. I then keep cooling the flannel with water, and then start dabbing and wiping gentle at the foreskin.
This is repeated until the foreskin can be pulled back entirely. Then I clean the end of the penis, as there is usually a build up of thrush. Once it's totally clean, I apply Canisten and then push the foreskin forward.
I do this before I go to sleep and after waking in the morning, if i had the time during the day, I'd probably do it once then as well.

If this is the same thing as you have, then i couldn't say how long it would take to clear up, with me it's taken anywhere from a few weeks to a month, but that because my girlfriend is a sex pest that won't leave it along whilst it's healing.

Note on healing. I say healing, as if the foreskin is forced back, then it can split, which hurts and as i take forever to heal, it often takes a while. I'm trying not to give tips here, as I'm not a doctor, so I'll say that in my case, I'd probably heal up and get rid of the thrush sooner, if I didn't have a sex pest for a girlfriend.

Note on girlfriend and thrush.

When i first got thrush, I had an almighty row with my girlfriend at the time, as i thought that it was a sexually transmitted thing, and that she'd caught it off someone and given it to me.
Although that could in theory be the case for some people, I now know that as a diabetic I'm prone to get thrush, and have found that it is usually after sex. ie until recently I hadn't had sex for 3 years, and then not long after getting with my now girlfriend, guess what's made an unwanted comeback?

So. It might be thrush, if so go see someone about it or clean it yourself,

Has this addressed your question to a satisfactory extent?

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ewwww, chop it off. I don't have a polo neck, I cannot imagine how that hurts. I always think that it looks better without a scarf, it just looks wrong otherwise 8)

Seriously, go to your GP and get his opinion or at lead listen to millerite from experience.

Reactions: KezG

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Millerite said:
Hello everybody, my name is Millerite and I have a wonky willy.
Mine was caused by thrush. (yes blokes get it too) and from a recent poll taken by a number of ex girlfriends, along with the common cold and stumping one's toe, the effects are far worse for men than they are for women.

Get yourself down the docs, or to a GU clinic, the first few times I went I was given some hypo-allergenic stuff to clean with, and prescribed what was in effect canisten. after a few more times I was given a wink, and greeted by my first name. nice bunch at the GU clinic.

Not sure that I agree with this. Canestan does a good job at reducing the symptoms, but it does very little to get rid of the thrush for good.

In my experience recurring thrush is a tell tale sign of uncontrolled hyperglycemia. The fungus feeds off the sugar in your bodily excretions.

Do you still have a HbA1c of 11% Miller? I bet if you got your BG under control, the thrush would disappear too. It did almost instantly for me, and many others.

Millerite

Not sure that I agree with this. Canestan does a good job at reducing the symptoms, but it does very little to get rid of the thrush for good.

In my experience recurring thrush is a tell tale sign of uncontrolled hyperglycemia. The fungus feeds off the sugar in your bodily excretions.

Do you still have a HbA1c of 11% Miller? I bet if you got your BG under control, the thrush would disappear too. It did almost instantly for me, and many others.

I haven't had a test for some time now, so really need to go get a check up, it was about 11 last time it was checked, but that was a while ago now, and yes I fully recognise that that has played a part, if not being the main cause of the thrush.
One problem I have is poor memory, maybe down to high levels over the years, maybe due to a head injury I sustained as a teenager, whatever the case, remembering to take insulin on time if at all at times, is something i have problems with.
I wouldn't know how many times some bright sparks have suggested setting alarms? What they should realise is that in order for that to work, I'd have to remember to set the alarm in the first place, and if I could do that, I could probably remember to take my insulin as well so wouldn't need to set an alarm.

The "Freestyle" testing machine looks great, so I'll start using that in a hope that I'll better manage my diabetes. The thrush only comes every now and again, and usually after sex. as I typed before, I went three years without sex, and without thrush, had high blood sugars throughout those times, sex and high sugar levels seems to be the catalyst. My diabetic nurse suggested abstinence.
I'm all for free speech, the sharing of opinions and respecting the validity of opinions when validity is appropriate. however to me she might as well suggested cutting the thing off, as in theory that might also work, I find myself inclined to do neither if I'm honest.
Right now my sugar levels are more stable, so I'm not having this issue, just thought I'd share my experience of thrush with Lucask, as his issue could have been the same.

bree9482

borofergie said:

Hey i suffered this problem for around 6-9 months!! Its all down to poor control. My hb1ac was 14.9%, l would take my injections whenever i could be bothered. This was a bad desicion :( It only took 3 weeks for the thrush to set in then it was a split foreskin a swollen foreskin, sex was out of the question. It really was a bad time in my life !!

Ok so here is what i did and it worked !! Take your injections !! Go to the doc get climitrasol and canestan. Take the tab and use the cream. When after a week or so you see it improving keep on your jags as if you slip on that part it all just comes back again!!!

Hope this helps dude !! I feel your pain!

Reactions: Cybersight
B

badcat

Being female I don't have any first hand experienceof this problem!
Having said that however a previous boyfriend had a tight foreskin and was in agonies ( mind you he did once also ask me if you can die from flu!!) He had a surgical circumcision which left him sore and unable to "perform" for a week or so but was then absolutely fine

lukkymik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The opposites of above!!!!
Been there!!! The condition is known as "Xerotica Obliterans"& is far more conmon in diabetics than any other medical grouping. Only treatment is circumcision. Whilst this was horribly uncomfortable and very sore after 10 days I was able to perform reasonably well and sex has been much better since the op than before. I was lucky to have an understsanding wife who realised I was in real pain and went with me to see my GP. THE LONGER YOU WAIT THE MORE UNCOMFORTABLE YOU WILL BE AFTER THE OP!!!

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
lukkymik said:
Been there!!! The condition is known as "Xerotica Obliterans"& is far more conmon in diabetics than any other medical grouping. Only treatment is circumcision. Whilst this was horribly uncomfortable and very sore after 10 days I was able to perform reasonably well and sex has been much better since the op than before. I was lucky to have an understsanding wife who realised I was in real pain and went with me to see my GP. THE LONGER YOU WAIT THE MORE UNCOMFORTABLE YOU WILL BE AFTER THE OP!!!

That might be true, but I'd be more inclined to see if getting my BG under control solved the problem, before I consented to mutilating my penis. Just saying.

bigskip

lukkymik said:

Been there too, led to my diagnosis as a type 2. I got treated with steroid cream for a while (daktacort), but once started on Metforin and getting bloods under control, it's all gone, no mutilation, no more split foreskin, it's all good with the old fella at the moment.

beekeeper21

Ask your gp or the guy at the gum clinic to test for lichen sclerosis. (Google it youself as well). May or may not be that. Only a biopsy will tell. It may be treatable with a cream but circumcision is pretty much 100% effective. In the meantime (grit your teeth everyone) you can actually, whilst in the shower or bath, very gently put two fingers inside the foreskin and stretch it ( only go to the point of discomfort or minor pain - don't overstretch!) over time it will loosen off. This is NOT instead of seeking treatment.

etmsreec

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lucask said:
Hi I'm type 2 and recently I have been suffering from a tight foreskin which will not pull back over the head. Does anyone else suffer from this and if so how did u treat it :(

Hi Lucask,
I'm type 1 and suffered with thrush on and off for a long time. My HbA1c results were up and down but, whether they were in a "good period" or a "bad period", the thrush would still emerge on a regular basis.
From the use of topical creams, I learned that they're pretty useless if you can't pull your foreskin back as you can't apply them to the area that has the real problem. If this is the case, a tablet (Fluconazole) can be effective. Your GP can prescribe them for you or you can buy them over the counter (they're expensive though!)

For me, the real fix for the problems - both the thrush and the phimosis that it caused - was circumcision. There are lots of people on the web that will tell you that it's wrong and that it's mutilation of the penis and other stuff. Personally, I disagree with them. Just as they think I'm talking rot then I think they are as well. It's personal views at the end of the day (pardon the pun!)

If you're suffering from phimosis, my recommendation would be to see your GP, see if they are able to do anything about the tightness of your foreskin without surgery (they may be able to use topical steroids to loosen things off) or it could be that the best option is an op. Even with the circumcision op, there are choices such as total foreskin removal (high and tight or low and loose), dorsal slit etc.

You only have one penis, despite John Bobbitt's reattachment, so talking through all of the options with your GP or a urologist would be worthwhile.

chog1010

Hi,

I had an issue years back similar to this, it's a condition called phimosis where the foreskin narrows. I had a circumcision done - 1 day in hopital - had no pain after at all and after 10 days or so was back to normal again. It's well worth getting sorted and apart from the embarrasment of finding out I knew one of the surgical nurses I had no issues at all. :thumbup: