TMI.... watery ahem bms

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why oh why is all my troubles at the mo with the bottom end slightly embarrassing!!
I am finding after eating I get a sudden need to rush to the loo, and it's like a tap running!! It's not every time, this morning I hadn't even eaten. As I previously had a bout of colitis - no probs for well over a year, I'm wondering if it's the fat content. Problem is what will I eat if this is the case as I'm on keto/LCHF? I'm just about to cook some scrambled eggs and sausages as I'm just finishing 16/8 fast and then off to work til 8.30pm. I know I will find what suits...I felt so good for the first 3 weeks and now it's all going wrong..... I'm tempted to stop the double cream, but it's my savour for a dessert.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was the fats added too quickly with no gallbladder. I cut them back to previous levels and started adding them again more slowly and being careful to spread it through the day. By and large problem free that time and built it fairly quickly too and certainly no issues after a few weeks. I can now eat as much as I want (well as much as I’ve wanted to anyway). Hope your solution is as simple.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was the fats added too quickly with no gallbladder. I cut them back to previous levels and started adding them again more slowly and being careful to spread it through the day. By and large problem free that time and built it fairly quickly too and certainly no issues after a few weeks. I can now eat as much as I want (well as much as I’ve wanted to anyway). Hope your solution is as simple.
Hmm maybe mine is similar, I had a gallbladder removal op 3 years ago, but when I came round the surgeon said he couldn't find it!! After a mri I was told I was born without one...makes me wonder what the sonographer saw instead of the "contracted gallbladder full of stones"... so although I've never had one, it still could pose the problem of too much fat too quickly. Thank you.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm maybe mine is similar, I had a gallbladder removal op 3 years ago, but when I came round the surgeon said he couldn't find it!! After a mri I was told I was born without one...makes me wonder what the sonographer saw instead of the "contracted gallbladder full of stones"... so although I've never had one, it still could pose the problem of too much fat too quickly. Thank you.
Omg seriously? That’s an appalling mistake by someone preop (wrong scan perhaps?)

But yes if you are without a gallbladder for whatever reason we drip feed bile rather than shoot out condensed bile as needed. The liver can increase supply once it realises what’s happening and the ducts can in some people enlarge creating a fake storage chamber to some extent. Try again slower and evenly spaced and see if it helps.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't had problems eating whatever without a gall bladder luckily. Could be you simply have a stupid virus and it clears up in a couple of days.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AngiH - When you have this style of express bathroom trips, do the products of your endeavour look a bit fatty, smell, and smell very bitter?

If so, you may have to trim back the fat a bit. I still have my gallbladder, with no known gallstones (never had any issues - touch wood), but if I have too much fat, it's not nice, to the extent the small room is a no-go area for a while afterwards.

TMI, I know, but have a bit of a google around Steatorrhea. As I say, if I overdo it, I just have to pare back a bit for a while to let it settle and be a bit careful.

If you're also in that space, you might want to tweak up your protein a bit, if you're finding yourself hungry, or losing weight you don't want to.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@AngiH - When you have this style of express bathroom trips, do the products of your endeavour look a bit fatty, smell, and smell very bitter?

If so, you may have to trim back the fat a bit. I still have my gallbladder, with no known gallstones (never had any issues - touch wood), but if I have too much fat, it's not nice, to the extent the small room is a no-go area for a while afterwards.

TMI, I know, but have a bit of a google around Steatorrhea. As I say, if I overdo it, I just have to pare back a bit for a while to let it settle and be a bit careful.

If you're also in that space, you might want to tweak up your protein a bit, if you're finding yourself hungry, or losing weight you don't want to.
When it happens it's nothing but watery and no real smell. I can only compare it to when I have had to have a colonoscopy and drink the dreaded clear out drink....its just watery, a mad dash to make it, no real warning, no pain or anything. Maybe the diet is flaring the colitis?
My weight hasn't moved for over a week and I am desperate to shift it.
I'm sure all will even out in time. Thanks for the advice.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't had problems eating whatever without a gall bladder luckily. Could be you simply have a stupid virus and it clears up in a couple of days.
I've had it on and off since starting LCHF so am sure it's related, but not sure why??

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had my gall bladder removed nearly 20 years ago and suffered chronic diarrhoea whatever I ate until I started on low carb diet. I don’t go really high fat but now tend to be normal verging on constipated occasionally. I hope your insides settle down soon.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my gall bladder removed nearly 20 years ago and suffered chronic diarrhoea whatever I ate until I started on low carb diet. I don’t go really high fat but now tend to be normal verging on constipated occasionally. I hope your insides settle down soon.
Thank you. I'm going to cut the Jelly and cream out as a starter and see if it improves. I've been the other way too in the early days...I just can't get a balance yet haha.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Angie,
I have much the same problem, but with a gall bladder. Typically it starts about half an hour after eating. It's neither pleasant nor practical. Accidentally I derailed this thread https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-challenge.160730/#post-1975294. Check the last few posts. Maybe it can be of use to you.
I intend to carry on ketoing, but time my meals and cut back the fat just a little to find my own threshold.

Reactions: AngiH

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just as another thought have you introduced any sweetener that you didn’t use before? Or any other ingredients for that matter

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Angie,
I have much the same problem, but with a gall bladder. Typically it starts about half an hour after eating. It's neither pleasant nor practical. Accidentally I derailed this thread https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-challenge.160730/#post-1975294. Check the last few posts. Maybe it can be of use to you.
I intend to carry on ketoing, but time my meals and cut back the fat just a little to find my own threshold.
Thank you. I'll have a good read.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just as another thought have you introduced any sweetener that you didn’t use before? Or any other ingredients for that matter
I've not added sweetner, in fact I've cut out my diet coke and replaced with water. The only new foods are cream, Philadelphia cheese and normal cheese. I've eaten the cream and hard cheese before, but only as a treat due.to the brainwashing of high fat is no good for us.....