Tom Kerrige

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Well I have cancelled my cook and I am getting instead a slow cooker cookery book for low carb eating.
Will look for others for everyday meals. So pleased I put this question up saved me getting a book I didn't want. Xx

Reactions: Serena51

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Oh dear I am disappointed I ordered lose weight for he says so much about doing it low carb I thought it was the book that would have planned meals for me.If it is not what I thought I will be sending it back.
Can anyone on here suggest z clock book that is low carb that I could buy please.I also know there is a list on net of all the goods you can eat on low carb and those you limit.I need to print it off has anyone a h details here it is please.

Motherhen, have you considered dietdoctor's membership that gives you weekly menus and shopping lists? I will be joining when I get home from holidays. Apparently you can swap out recipes and the shopping list will change as well, like a vegan meal instead of a meat meal for example. Let me know if you decide to do that! I think it costs about $9 U.S./month to join. Price is right!! Blessings/L

Reactions: ringi

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I have cancelled my cook and I am getting instead a slow cooker cookery book for low carb eating.
Will look for others for everyday meals. So pleased I put this question up saved me getting a book I didn't want. Xx

Motherhen - There are scores of websites out other with slow cooker (Crock Pot) recipes, and plenty are low carb.

I like this website, but if you just Google Low Carb Slow Cooker recipes, plenty come up.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
I like this website to but it doesn't give recipes.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
With a low cooker, remember that lots of below ground veg like carrots have carbs in them at a level that make 1 OK, but not many. (Likewise with tinned tomatoes.) I now use a lot of carbage as a base along with lots of onions, then whatever spices and cheap cuts of meet I feel like.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear I am disappointed I ordered lose weight for he says so much about doing it low carb I thought it was the book that would have planned meals for me.If it is not what I thought I will be sending it back.
Can anyone on here suggest z clock book that is low carb that I could buy please.I also know there is a list on net of all the goods you can eat on low carb and those you limit.I need to print it off has anyone a h details here it is please.
Lidl are sell a low carb cook book at the moment £2.99, they also do one 'for diabetics' it might be worth a look

Reactions: Sharon14448

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know.. completely shoots himself in the foot.. "I did it this way but you won;t be able to stick to that so here's more of the usual rubbish that you won't be able to stick to either but now I've got 2 books for you to buy". I have lost any respect I had for him previously with his dopamine diet book.
We need to remember his diet is not aimed at diabetics so may very well suit non diabetics to loose weight

Last edited:
Reactions: lovinglife

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now come on he is after all a pub chef so he must know what he is on about.
A bit disrespectful, he is the only "pub chef " in the UK to have earned 2 michelin stars so probably knows a bit about food.

Reactions: lovinglife

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With a low cooker, remember that lots of below ground veg like carrots have carbs in them at a level that make 1 OK, but not many. (Likewise with tinned tomatoes.) I now use a lot of carbage as a base along with lots of onions, then whatever spices and cheap cuts of meet I feel like.
Some will say even onions have to much sugar

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why do people insist on slagging others of who do not do the same as them it always sounds like sour grapes because of what they have had to give up eating.Tom Kerridge devised a way that suited him and enabled him to loose a lot of weight that may help others do the same but is not aimed at diabetics so does not make it wrong

Last edited:

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why do people insist on slagging others of who do not do the same as them it always sounds like sour grapes because of what they have had to give up eating.Tom Kerridge devised a way that suited him and enabled him to loose a lot of weight that may help others do the same but is not aimed at diabetics so does not make it wrong
I couldn`t agree more! he says in the intro that he used a mix of low carb, no alcohol and gym every day, he also goes on to say that this is not for everyone and he`s right! He`s not dealing with a diabetic group, just an overweight one and if I wasn`t diabetic I doubt if I would be doing lchf just for weight loss, I do it for bg control. I think it`s too easy to get wrapped up in your own lifestyle and end up thinking that everyone else thinks it`s as important as you do.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The problem is he used "low carb" and says he did because "low fat" did not work for him, yet he made a TV programme getting people to use "low fat"! While knowing all the time from his own experience that "low carb" is better......

(He is even giving someone with Type2 high carb food on his current TV program.)

Reactions: Mark_1

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

No that is not what the complaint is about. Mr Kerridge gave up booze and carbs and lost 12 stone in weight (I'm guessing without counting calories). He then brought out his "Dopamine diet book" following his low carb ways.
He has now brought out a second book espousing low calorie food which as a whole load of us know doesn't help with long term weight loss. So we are wondering why (apart obviously from the money) he would advocate a diet which he probably tried and failed at rather than promoting the diet that worked for him. it would be like me saying hey you should all go vegan not because it worked for me but because some Doctor somewhere said its great!

Reactions: Mark_1

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For all we know he may have been told that the programme must not push lchf as it isn`t exactly recognised by the powers that be yet. Of course it could be as simple as he`s looked at his "subjects" and decided for his own reasons that a low calorie diet is the best way forward for them, that`s something we will probably never know. Only thing I know is that I enjoy the show even if I won`t be eating many of his dishes and I think branding him a sellout is ridiculously OTT.

Reactions: julie56

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose, being cynical, that if he hadnt changed the food focus of his new book, he wouldnt have a fresh book to sell, as people would just stick with the previous one.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The problem is he used "low carb" and says he did because "low fat" did not work for him, yet he made a TV programme getting people to use "low fat"! While knowing all the time from his own experience that "low carb" is better......

(He is even giving someone with Type2 high carb food on his current TV program.)
Condemning a diet because of the personal opinions of some here who say it is not suitable for diabetics is wrong. It may not be suitable for them personally but they are not experts on what is suitable for others We know only know what is suitable for us as individuals and if diabetics feel they want to try it they will know if it suits them or not