Trulicity

I have been on Trulicity for over 6 Years along with tablets for my type 2. I have not been able to get my last prescription , I've not taken it now for over 2 weeks and today I've been told it's unlikely they will be able to get it until the second part of this year. My doctor has just told me he can't get me any replacement medication and has said to refer to the diabetes clinic for advise. As it happens I have an appointment next week as my levels are increasing. I just wondered if there was anybody else in the same situation and what cause of action was taken to replace this medication. I think the shortage is down to it being used for slimming. Just would like to know what might be suggested

• Hug
Reactions: Rachox and EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Unfortunately there have been a number of posts from people on this class of drugs, as it does appear to be a worldwide issue.

Tagging @Rachox who was on victoza, which is in the same class of meds.

But here is a link on the issue from the UK diabetes charity

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
  • Informative
Reactions: Antje77 and EllieM

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been without for about 6 weeks now, gone back onto a gliptin as a temp measure and being very careful with my carbs. I can't have Victoza as I background retinopathy, but I'm going to ask about the tablet form next time I'm at the GP's. My DN keeps pushing for me to go on a basal insulin, but I'm resisting as long as possible

Reactions: toulousenessie
Unfortunately there have been a number of posts from people on this class of drugs, as it does appear to be a worldwide issue.

Tagging @Rachox who was on victoza, which is in the same class of meds.

But here is a link on the issue from the UK diabetes charity

Thank you for this link

Thanks for the tag @EllieM. Hi @toulousenessie as EllieM says I was on Victoza until the beginning of the year when I ran out. I discovered the update from Diabetes UK and the NPSA it refers to. I asked my Dr for the Rybelsus tablets it refers to and I am now taking those. Here’s a link to the NPSA:
They did try to switch me to Victoza, but of course could not get this. I have in the past taken this but did have some side effects. I am pretty sure I have had the Rybelsus tablets before the Truicity, I think you have to test your sugar levels before driving but these tablets made me ill and gave me burled vision , which took a few weeks to clear.
It will be interesting to see the responce next week from the nurse , the doctor just seems to want to wash their hands of the problem

• Informative
Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They did try to switch me to Victoza, but of course could not get this. I have in the past taken this but did have some side effects. I am pretty sure I have had the Rybelsus tablets before the Truicity, I think you have to test your sugar levels before driving but these tablets made me ill and gave me burled vision , which took a few weeks to clear.
It will be interesting to see the responce next week from the nurse , the doctor just seems to want to wash their hands of the problem
That’s a shame you are limited for alternatives. I wasn’t told about testing before driving, but I do wear a Libre most of the time so would be alerted to my blood sugar being too low.
Best of luck with your appointment next week, let us know how you get on.

Reactions: EllieM