Trying to conceive

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just take one day at a time and don't worry about patterns. I found I had to be actively managing my diabetes all the way through pregnancy. That's what makes it hard work - but oh so very worth it! :)

The IR is freaky because the amount of insulin you need can be quite a shock! I preferred the hypos, but some days I got sick of sweets and snacks too : D

Not long until your 20 week scan now :)

Reactions: 2 people

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ah @Postitnote your allowed a moan!it sounds like very hard work and I feel awful sorry for you! Hypos are exhausting as it is, not to mind during a pregnancy! I hope they ease off a little for you soon xxx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Postitnote I'm 10+6 weeks I was the same as u. I've not stopped bolusing for my snacks and can have 20-30g snack with no bolus in the morning and 15-20g in the afternoon no bolus. Also at night I have 20g slice of toast before bed. It's the only way I could do it as I was constantly hypo! Such a drag! I didn't find insulin resistance increased till 25+ weeks after the 9 week dip!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My hospital appointment has been moved from early July to late July . On the flip side my boobs seem to be painful at the moment, usually at night....

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had an awful few weeks with very erratic control. Been feeling so tired and grumpy with it all. My hard work to get my hba1c done to 7 over the last few weeks has gone. I started reducing my carbs this week in an effort to try and get control. My appointment at hospital mid June was cancelled, i was devastated got to wait now before i see dsn again as she was off sick. Anyway since monday i have seen my readings come down, and i am starting to feel a lot better. How are you all doing?

Pilzy-89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just read your entire thread! I am currently in pre-pregnancy clinic, battling with the HbA1c! Was so close at 7.2% back in March and then it went up to 8.5% a few weeks ago. So annoyed with myself! I am really cracking down on carbs and been told not to exceed 150g a day, which seems like I am constantly hungry now but am told that is all a pregnant woman can stomach really and to get myself used to it.

I test 9-10 times a day and seem to have made progress, I haven't been over 10 in 2 days... Which is a massive achievement for me. How long did it take everyone to get their HbA1c to the agreed levels set by the nurses? My aim is 7% - as soon as your HbA1c was in your target range did you start trying or did you have to keep it there for more than one result?

I am so impatient and so broody it's unreal! Everyone I know is pregnant and then they moan about it on FB and I wish I was in their shoes, at least the hard work started once they were actually pregnant! I know I will probably do my fair share of moaning when and if it happens!

@RoseofSharon I saw your picture on another thread! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just read your entire thread! I am currently in pre-pregnancy clinic, battling with the HbA1c! Was so close at 7.2% back in March and then it went up to 8.5% a few weeks ago. So annoyed with myself! I am really cracking down on carbs and been told not to exceed 150g a day, which seems like I am constantly hungry now but am told that is all a pregnant woman can stomach really and to get myself used to it.

I test 9-10 times a day and seem to have made progress, I haven't been over 10 in 2 days... Which is a massive achievement for me. How long did it take everyone to get their HbA1c to the agreed levels set by the nurses? My aim is 7% - as soon as your HbA1c was in your target range did you start trying or did you have to keep it there for more than one result?

I am so impatient and so broody it's unreal! Everyone I know is pregnant and then they moan about it on FB and I wish I was in their shoes, at least the hard work started once they were actually pregnant! I know I will probably do my fair share of moaning when and if it happens!

@RoseofSharon I saw your picture on another thread! Congratulations!

Hugs. Be gentle with yourself, and take this time to get things in perspective. My whole history is not here as I have only been diabetic for a short while. Getting your hbA1c in place is very important. For me my post this morning is a miracle. Since I was 20 I've wanted kids and over the last fifteen years (three different partners) things either didn't happen or ended badly so for me today's result is a shock, to say the least. I am also different from most in this thread as I am type 2. However for both type 2 and type 1 treatment changes and maintaining your blood glucose becomes more of a challenge. Therefore please look at this time as preparing so as to give your miracle the best start that you can..... I know it's frustrating and you want things to happen yesterday, but honestly this is just as important time for you as the actual trying to conceive/conception/pregnancy.

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good lucky @Amy.W! Exciting times just to be even told you can go ahead.im dying to hear those words in 2 weeks!

Found out yesterday that the hospital chose 10 diabetics to give a freestyle libre, and I got chosen from the pre pregnancy clinic! Don't care how expensive this is if it helps me I'll work every hour I can to pay for it! I'm getting the starter kit for free at the hospital but I'll have to pay for the sensors myself (€150 for a months worth)

@Pilzy-89 I can definitely relate!broody as hell, sick of waiting, sick of high sugars just wish I had a working pancreas! Our day will come though, positive thoughts! X

Pilzy-89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@wannabemammy I have heard a lot about the libre and I wish I could afford one! That's great that you were selected! Let me know how you get on, it might be something I consider if I get a pay rise anytime soon - doubtful but you never know! Even if it's only to use it over pregnancy...

I will find out in August if I get the go ahead... Fingers crossed! Good luck for yours in two weeks

@RoseofSharon I will be gentle on myself I know it will only happen when I am truly ready! Everything happens for a reason and when it is supposed to and all that! I just like food too much x

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@pilzy I'm not holding out much hope, too many highs thinking I'll have to give up my gym membership to afford it but these are first world problems! I realise how lucky I am to be getting one! I'm back at clinic 13th of July, the professor wants to see me! This makes me scared haha

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Had my hba1c done today, nurse marked it urgent and I will have the results back around lunchtime tomorrow. Since I heard that I was having little panic attacks all day until I thrashed it out at the gym and finally broke down to my poor husband after. Diabetes can me mentally challenging at times as everyone here knows!! I just don't think I can handle being told not this time again

Reactions: 2 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my hba1c done today, nurse marked it urgent and I will have the results back around lunchtime tomorrow. Since I heard that I was having little panic attacks all day until I thrashed it out at the gym and finally broke down to my poor husband after. Diabetes can me mentally challenging at times as everyone here knows!! I just don't think I can handle being told not this time again

*Hugs* whenever things are marked urgent it always worries us! However you will get there! My news this month is proof of that! After three years of us ttc we got there this month, you can too!!! Please don't give up, and whatever you do don't forget that we are all here for you and understand your frustrations and agonies! I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!!!! Please keep us informed as to what is happening.

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks @RoseofSharon I was so pleased for for you when I read about your news! How is it going so far? When are you getting a scan?
I rang the office twice today the first time the results weren't back the second time the receptionist said they were in but that the nurse had gone home and all doctors were seeing patients so to ring back in rheumatoid morning. I just want to be put out of my misery now!