trying to stay calm

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Not much sleep.. Leg pains when sleep, best to make the most of the sunshine and do my gardening work early. ThenI can enjoy rest of day in my greenhouse or summerhouse....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Last night, before dinner 5.3. One hour after dinner 5.3. 1.5 hours after dinner 5.3. 2 hours after dinner 5.3.
I had a huge bowl of broth with bacon (left the fat on) and 3 slices of buttered sukrin bread. Very expensive but seems to work for me.

Reactions: 2 people

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done you, excellent levels, keep up the good work.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Thanks folks. I actually feel a bit of a fraud with levels like that.
Does anyone know how to change my name. It was only difficult getting on because I was wearing the wrong glasses.

Reactions: 6 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
send a message to a mod to change it for you, or just rejoin with another name, you have room to add a carb or 2 with those BG levels

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
My wife just asked me to test her two hours after a pizza. 9,2 tested again 8.9. Tried her on my other meter 9.2. this seems high to me.
have tested her a couple of times recently first thing in the morning and she has been about 4.5. does this sound normal. I am more worried about her than myself.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
because of all the fat in the cheese on the pizza I expect the 2 hour point is actually her peak. test her at 3 hours and I am sure it will be down
Next time she has a pizza test before she eats +1, +2 and +3 or more often and you will get a nice profile. This is precisely what happens to me when I have ice cream.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would not worry too much about your wife. 9 after a pizza for a non diabetic person is not unheard of. Pizza is about the worst thing ever made for your blood sugar. Still it wouldn't hurt your wife to start eating the same meals as you.

Your progress is incredibly good. You need to change your name to "this is too easy" because you are making it look easy! ;-)

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
thanks spiker. Not so easy now. I just ate 4 mint viscounts. was terrified my wife might be diabetic.
Strange behaviour indeed. haven't really thought about anything like that for weeks.
I will try to get her to go to the docs anyway, but she is still in denial about me.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

badcat

"have tested her a couple of times recently first thing in the morning and she has been about 4.5. does this sound normal. I am more worried about her than myself."

4.5 is perfect for a pre breakfast reading

B

badcat

9.2 after pizza wouldn't worry me too much - non diabetics can reach BM 's of 10 or so if v high carb food is eaten

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
8thanks mate I was worried.. I just had another meal that peaked at 5.8 and was feeling good.

mpe

because of all the fat in the cheese on the pizza I expect the 2 hour point is actually her peak.

The cheese on pizza can vary depending on where it comes from. With one you have bought it might be some form of low fat cheese, even not actually "cheese".

If you made something yourself you can be sure you know what's in it. Otherwise you can be left guessing.

JesusisLord

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just spent almost an hour trying to get on here. if this is not a success
I wont try again. Any way calm down. Self tested my self out of curiosity and was 12, 15 hours after having eaten. I was told a few weeks ago I was type 2. didnt even feel ill (I thought).
My HbA1c was 68. Panicked and starved myself. Next result 4 weeks later was 49. I have lost 3 stone in the 9 weeks since I self tested. I an starting to get to grips with what I can and cant eat., I now realise all the things I had been feeling were not just down to shift work and getting older. I hope to learn a lot from you people here who have more knowledge than Me of this frightening condition.
I believe you can fix yourself. All you need to do is buy a set of dumpbells or join a gym. Do not listen to their advice and yoi dont even need to work much of a sweat... Your purpose is to pick 4 muscular excercises. Warm the muscle up with a light weight. Increase to more weight fully warming up the muscle. Your next set should be difficult... Fully tensing the muscle... To faliure... You are aiming at 6 to 8 reps. (10 on warm ups which dont really count) Do each exercise 4 times. (only the last 2 sets should be a struggle)
What you are doing here is forcing the cell walls to behave as if you have just had a release of insulin. They are more able to absorb sugar. Do this regularly at least 3 times a week... Focusong on different muscle opposing groups for obvious reasons.
Stop eating and drinking refined cane sugar... Especially during day and esp on mornings... It is a drug not an ingredient like flour or eggs. Instead munch on healthy fats... Eat omega fish oils EVERY day double what they say on tub... Or in foods like salmon. Reserve any carbohydrate portions to evenings after you have trained. After a period of living like this your body will use fat as energy readily. And replenish muscle glycogen by evening. If you struggle on a day time for energy...(you will esp at first) Drink black coffee green tea... And try a fast absorbing fat like coconut oil. (normal fats take 4 hours to be available for energy but mcg's like coconut oil take minutes)
Over a period of time you will regenerate your cell walls and no longer will you be a diabetic. Type 1 is not so simple... Sort it now whilst you can.

Daytime/rest days- green leafy veg broccoli cauliflower lettuce cucumber spinnage etc and protein foods with plenty fat are great. No carbs not even fruit.. Make sure you know which food items have significant carbs... Save these for evenings (potatoes carrots-babanas-beans)

Evenings esp after workout- low/zero fat.... But cut yourself some slack and eat some carbs. If you have had a good workout you may even be able to eat the unthinkable... Ice cream!
Just keep an eye on your blood sugar for now and remember... Eating carbs, especially refined sugar... Restrict your body from burning fat. On a night you dont care your asleep... During the day you do care, eating green leafy veg will fill your belly without causing sugar problems... Protein will help repair muscle and reduce hunger... Fat will fuel you... Caffein will help it fuel you....
Refined cane sugar is a drug we were not meant to eat. They strip all of the goodness (vitamins) out of it... Call it molasses... And sell the remaining crystaline product to drug us and exploit us causing sickness and addiction. Being diagnosed may well be a blessing in disguise.