Turmeric health benefit

A

asparagusp

Welcome watty60! There has been a thread here on it in the last six moths or so. So a search! I have been using it in salad dressings and funnily enough I have just had some!

watty60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
There is a lot of interest in Turmeric as good for health in so many ways, has anyone tried it?
Thanks for the prompt reply, i had only seen it for use as a anti inflammatory for use with Dogs & horses but recently it is in the news as a wonder drug. Wondered if its worth trying??

Reactions: Dearbhla

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I use turmeric daily ... I add about 1/4 tsp turmeric to my own version of anti inflammortory porridge. Sometimes I'll add it to a warm mug of milk and I add it often in my cooking, in stir fries, casseroles, and especially in dahl and curries.

I've found the joint pains have reduced and it's great for calming the digestive system!

Reactions: Optium and Dearbhla

watty60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Only been diagnosed type 2 recently on Metformin 3 times daily, I am trying to shed a few pounds on the Low card diet (its hard though). My aim to either reduce or get off meds fingers crossed

Reactions: Dearbhla

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I add it every cuppa to my special cuppa..
Chai tea, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and 5 -10 grates of groundblack pepper.

My gastro chap says that they dont know why its so good but to keep taking it for overall health...
IMG_1486838145.398821.jpg

IMG_1486838203.114088.jpg

I am
Reluant upon spices and herbs for health as I am so in tolerant to nhs pharma drugs. Had to stop cancer drug due to horrendous side effects..
at least now I have quality of life back on natural spices/herbs etc...
Indonalways buy the purest/best that I can find. Natural ginger and turmeric would be my preferred choice but do go for organic powders for comvenience.

May well be a waste of money but I do know my diabetes glucose levels have imoroved since coming off cancer tablet 4th Jan and solely reliant upon natural goodies. Also, my quality of life has improved far more than I expected within 4 days.

I am already undergoing tests for secondary cancer even taking the NHS pharma drugs so the best I can do now is quality of life.

I definitely believe in turmeric, ginger and cinnsmon and black pepper benefits..

Reactions: wheelspinner

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I add it to roasts and casseroles. I've no idea if it does good but it certainly doesn't do harm (for me - others might get an allergic reaction because everything is an allergen to someone). I had very painful knees for years, but they don't hurt now.

D

Deleted member 543160

Turmeric is a regular in my kitchen but like @Outlier I can't really associate it with any particular benefits, but it's actually rather good at staining things yellow! :oops: I use it in cooking and it's one of my regular tea bag flavour purchases.

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is reputed to help with relieving the pain of arthritis.

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Are we talking here of normal Turmeric we buy at the supermarket? Or is it something special from the Health store. Xx

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have always used herbs and spices in my cooking - and been thankful for my generally good health. There might be some connection.

I am a 'super taster' so my sense of smell and taste is high and I can experience an actual physical shock at a particularly violent flavour - Starbucks burnt coffee beans is one such. On the other hand, a herb garden after rain is just wonderful.

Dearbhla

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Anti inflammatory? Okay I'll give it a go, need something, a touch of cellulitis where the swelling isn't reducing, am also taking prescribed antibiotics. I just boil it as a tea or do I let it steep?

Dearbhla

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Anti inflammatory? Okay I'll give it a go, need something, a touch of cellulitis where the swelling isn't reducing, am also taking prescribed antibiotics. I just boil it as a tea or do I let it steep?
It's in root form

shelly752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
There is a lot of interest in Turmeric as good for health in so many ways, has anyone tried it?
I have but for my rheumatoid arthritis... It really helped but unfortunately I couldn't continue taking it as I had severe restless legs to the point all my muscles felt as if I had water running through them. Including my arms!!!! Dr told me to stop taking it!

frankiefear89

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Both me and my hubby decided to try turmeric a couple of years ago just for 3 months, we then stopped for a while, we were both aching and feeling really bad after a few days the only change we made was stopping the turmeric, within three to five days of restarting we were back to our normal selves, it does seem to do something and we’ve had no side effects, as far as we’re concerned it does seem to work