Tweaking my Insulin?

Mervyn

Hi,
I have been adjusting my Insulin,Humalin M3 as my DNS has been away for two weeks :) I am now on 34 units in the morning and 32 units before evening meal. My before breakfast Injection still needs adjusting (in stages), as the daytime and post prandial readings are still quite high. But at last I am getting morning readings of 7.7 instead of regular 15's. :D

Now what I am asking, is how to tweak that evening injection to get it down more? Do I just adjust up at one unit at a time or leave as is? For the first time in a very long time I can see light at the end of the tunnel :wink: I would like to get my BS more under control before my DNS returns as I know that she will say that is enough! She told me previously that a reading of 9 or 10 was fine!!!! I did tell her that I would not be happy at that.

So do I just increase my evening injection by only 1 unit say every 3 days until I get it lower or not??

Thanks in advance for your wonderful help,

Mervyn

Tracey69

HI
AT present i would leave the evening dose alone, but if you are getting high bs during the day you may need to tweak the morning dose a little.
Your dns will be pleased you have made the effort to lower the bs.
If you tweak the morning dose just make sure you keep a regular eye on your bs.
HOpe this helps
Take care
Tracey

Mervyn

Thanks Tracey,
My DNS is now back, and she told me to do 36 units both morning & evening. Mornings have started going up again to 9 - 10 and before meals are still between 13 and 15. At the moment I now speak to the DNS twice a week and she is "upping" the units twice a week. The DNS did mention maybe trying a 50/50 mix as my post prandial are high as well, but will have to wait and see.
I am checking BS 6 times a day at the moment ouch!! :roll:

Mervyn