Two Weeks In

CF

Ok - two weeks in an feeing focused . Bit of bad gut, headaches and fuzzy vision and have settled down a bit . Was doing 50g of carbs a day but upped to 80 g and it’s eased the headaches. Also got finger test machine today and first test 2 and a bit hours after midday meal was 6.7 so I’m chuffed with that . On 2x500 metformin so staying at that level at moment for next two weeks and monitor and review when back in docs. Weight down 8lb . Was fast 11.4 and 104 hba1c when diagnosed. Long road ahead but good start. Thanks for the advice on here.

Reactions: Prem51 and Flora123

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
You have made a good start. :)Don't forget to keep a note of what you eat and the results so that over the next two weeks you can start to work out which foods are affecting your bg. Keep a note of your body measurements too, I did it weekly, so that when the weight loss stalled or stopped I could still see evidence of my body changing.:happy:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep it up!

Reactions: CF

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok - two weeks in an feeing focused . Bit of bad gut, headaches and fuzzy vision and have settled down a bit . Was doing 50g of carbs a day but upped to 80 g and it’s eased the headaches. Also got finger test machine today and first test 2 and a bit hours after midday meal was 6.7 so I’m chuffed with that . On 2x500 metformin so staying at that level at moment for next two weeks and monitor and review when back in docs. Weight down 8lb . Was fast 11.4 and 104 hba1c when diagnosed. Long road ahead but good start. Thanks for the advice on here.

well done dear

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Good stuff. The gut ache may be the Metformin- if it gets too bad talk to GP about reducing dose for a couple of weeks to help you get used to it.
Well done.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, good start.

The headaches could just be your body not yet used to a lower level of carbs and also lower blood sugar levels. "Carb flu" as it is called is very common, but it passes once the body is used to lower carbs and lower BS levels. The blurry eyes will be because of dropping blood sugar levels and should go fairly soon. I wouldn't let it put you off lowering your carbs back to 50g. if you find 80g is too high. .

Metformin can give you a lot of tummy issues. These often pass withing a few weeks. If they don't, speak to your GP or nurse about having the slow rel;ease version, which is supposed to be kinder.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and CF

CF

Emotional 5.5 this morning and 6.7 just after lunch out. Sea bass on sweet pots - id say three sweet pots - Never eat so many carbs was nervous but now pleased. Long road ahead but f*** am I happy. Great advice in here, love it.

Reactions: Prem51

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Emotional 5.5 this morning and 6.7 just after lunch out. Sea bass on sweet pots - id say three sweet pots - Never eat so many carbs was nervous but now pleased. Long road ahead but f*** am I happy. Great advice in here, love it.
Very encouraging results - well done indeed! However, I do suggest that at the beginning you test just before eating and at 2 hours after a meal, but also at 3 and, if your bg has not fallen, even at 4. Especially when eating a quantity of high carb foods like sweet potatoes! You will be getting through a lot of strips, but you won't need to test so often forever.

I notice that you were eating out. I used to find testing when out of the house really awkward, as it is important to wash one's hands, and the places hand-washing is available are not often very hygenic or convenient places to test. I have now solved this with Dia wipes from Funky Pumpers. Tiny packets of wipes that fit into one's testing kit and won't falsify the test. I have already tested in my local library, and sitting on a park bench. Funky Pumpers is a small enterprise and I have had very helpful, personal contacts with them. Recommended!

https://www.funkypumpers.com/dia-wipe/

Reactions: Prem51