Type 1 and suffer different pain can any one help

Christess

I have been type 1 since sept 2oo7 i seem to get lots of pain in my upper back and in my left arm some times my chest it all comes and goes i have good days and bad days i can feel worse with high bs reading my consultant says it could be nerve pain does any one else suffer any pain

Slinger

hi Christess

i suffer from pain in my feet and slightly in my left hand, i have peripheral and autonomic neuropathy. its the peripheral part that causes the pain. i have aching pain in my feet all the time, it feels like ive been on my feet all day, but if i walk or stand, after a minute or so i start getting stabbing pains. it has got so bad that i now use a wheelchair to get around outside.

the autonomic part is for different internal body things like blood pressure, i have low blood pressure and erectile dysfunction.

it has all been caused by poor control of blood sugars for too long. when i got type 1 i was in early 20's and didnt care but now regret not looking after myself.

what are your bg levels, Hba1c and blood pressure?

Ste

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Christess said:
I have been type 1 since sept 2oo7 i seem to get lots of pain in my upper back and in my left arm some times my chest it all comes and goes i have good days and bad days i can feel worse with high bs reading my consultant says it could be nerve pain does any one else suffer any pain

Hi christess.

Your Consultant may be right ? However, I suggest you visit the NHS Direct website and enter your symptoms.
This link takes you straight there:
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/help/index.aspx

Only you know exactly what they are. Take the advice given there after entering the details.

Ken :D

lilibet

Hi Christess

I agree with Ken. Though it may be related to the diabolical, it might not. Dont let Docs assume everything is related to it and dont let them tell you it is, until they have ruled other things out.

IFWIF f i get high bg I feel absolutely terrible. If i get anywhere near 10 i get exhausted (had to lie down and have fallen asleep on at least 2 occasions), sore legs, dry mouth and pins and needles. I also get a tight chest at times and it comes and goes. My a1c is 5.1 and I try to avoid food that spikes me and only dx since Sept 2008 so am assuming its NOT damage. Still, no explanation for it as yet
If your consultant thinks it might be related to high bg, then I would be asking the clinic for help to get this sorted. I wouldnt accept that after only 2 years you are starting to get neuropathies.
Prob with diabetes if it isnt in the text book then they dont really give it much regard.
So, get back to GP and ask to be seen

Good luck

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi Christess
Dr. Katharine has had patients with neuropathy whose condition improved brilliantly on a reduced carb diet.

Trinkwasser

lilibet said:
Hi Christess

I agree with Ken. Though it may be related to the diabolical, it might not. Dont let Docs assume everything is related to it and dont let them tell you it is, until they have ruled other things out.

Agreed, I know a couple of people who had severe neuropathy which was most likely caused by undiagnosed Lyme disease rather than their diabetes. With anything out of the ordinary it pays to get as many second opinions as you can.