Type 1: I'm a horrible diabetic

Joe261985

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Look at all the support here, you are not alone.as already said don't worry about the graphs and everything else stick to your numbers and finding a way to control your diabetes in a way that works for you. You will have ups and downs,good days and bad days but use them as learning experiences to gain better control and you will see your control improve I am sure. Also remember on these forums people are here to help so although there is a lot of celebrating which may make you feel like a bad diabetic when you read how well others do just remember even the best controlled people have bad days and I am sure all diabetics have been where you are at some point where it seems a losing battle but i find take it one day at a time works best as with diabetes no 2 days will ever be the same.

Maxevie82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow that sounded just like me I tested did my insulin wasn't perfect at the time but at the time felt I was doing my best and my only time I was felt I was on top of my diabetes was for both of my pregnancies since being on the pump for the last 7yrs I now feel really in control

Reactions: Juicyj

waj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been a diabetic type 1 for 55 years & have tried to be really careful but now I realise it isn't worth the effort as I have lots & lots of complications. My Dr says I should be pleased as I would have got all these complications earlier if I hadn't been as careful.
I have really bad neuropathy with gastroperesis and today my Dr said the nerves in my colon have packed in so I have to dash to the loo as soon as I eat anything & very often don't make it to the loo. This is very depressing as the Dr says it won't get better.
I had cataracts done in my eyes and the lens capsule burst in one eye so I had it stitched. My eye is now blurred and I have been told that this is fluid behind my eye (caused by my diabetes).
I can't cope any more!!!!