Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

garythegob

My hba1c 2 weeks ago was 9.8, cholesterol was 3.2, blood pressure was 124/73 with a pulse rate of 73 bpm, have put myself on a low carb diet, aiming for no more than 100 carbs a day! I am overweight, 110kg Just recently added the 5microgram byetta to my medication On the 26th February, but will be going onto the 10microgram end of this month (March 2013),
also on
metformin 4x 500mg a day
Gliclazide 4x 80mg a day
Atorvastatin 1x 80mg a day
Aspirin 1x75mg a day

As well as a couple tablets for heart attack i had beginning of February 2013

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jimidewhurst

Dislikes
people saying i CANT do something cause of my condition
ive been diabetic for 25 out of 27 years of my life and after the last 14 years fighting to get my levels sorted i had the news from my gp my levels had droped to 3.7 im soo chuffed at the mo

WilliamIrvine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who think they are the only one's in the world that have any problems, animal abuse of any type
I know that feeling Sharon Guy. I worked hard to get mine to below 10.... around 9.0. I was chuffed to bits then bang!!!! I became seriously unwell 6 weeks ago ending up with a 4 week stay in hospital.

Guess what they put me onto high dose steroids to counter act the renal dysfunction and muscle problem that I have aquired and now my HbA1c is back over 10 - I am so so disappointed.

At least this time it isn't my fault :lol:

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Jimidewhurst, plugging your hba1c into an online converter says that your average glucose is 3.3 mmol/l!

iharding

68 just before Christmas to 56 this week. The reason - replacing my 10 year old meters. The old ones were reading about 3 mmol/l higher than the new so I was aiming for the wrong target!
Not been as diligent as I used to be on carb tracking. Aiming to get hbA1c down to about 45 for the next test in three months.
Ian

alisoningold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I don't understand it all. i think mine was 11 last time, which i now have the impression is absolutely shocjing, but they have never told me off for it and I've had diabetes over 10 years! Any ideas?

garythegob

My Hba1c was 9.8 middle of February 2013 just 2 weeks after i had a heart attack, my cholesterol was measured at 3.2, but i have been told the cholesterol reading would be a false reading due to the fact i had a heart attack, apparently after a HA your body produces enzymes that can give false readings, so to get a true reading, you need to have blood test done 8 weeks after HA, so i am booking for another Hba1c and other tests in may, and then will get true cholesterol readings! STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER INFO :smile:

Indigo

Hi there

Just had my 3rd Hba1c. On diagnosis in October it was 12.4 then in December 8.4 and now 6.5.

Going in the right direction so very pleased :D

Indigo

superdom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being told I can't have this and that
I got a 56 last week. Up from 50 4 months ago. Blame weird morning blood levels, and being a bit clueless about the use of Lantus in my system.
All other results of the test were were within acceptable parameters.
Have decided to have 2 extra units of Novorapid before breakfast. This leads to lower than normal bloods at 10.00am but from there I can deal with it.

carlos37

just got mine today down from 117 wich i belive is 12 .5 somet like that to 50 wich is 6.7 in three month well happy hasnt been below 10 in two years and dont have to go back for 6 month well happy

artofmany

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who didn't leave the playground behind,
Food manufacturers who think sugar and preservatives need to be in everything
I was diagnosed a year ago and, they've been 6.7% and 6.8% in my last two measurements. I never got my initial measurement written down but it was pretty high.

I prefer it to be just below 7 as it means I've been mostly in control, been naughty a few times with high carbs, but not had too many hypos.