Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Viking

Mine was 8.8 two weeks ago. It has been rising steadily for sometime. I had to stop taking Pioglitazone last year, but still take max dose of Gliclazide, so doc is going to try me on Byetta injection from next week as my daily readings are over ten most of the time.

princess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty of any kind, violence, bitchiness, fighting,
RussG said:
Perhaps unusually I've been asked to bring my HbA1c up. It was 5.2%, I brought it up to 5.9% this month but am still getting lots of hypos so my consultant has asked me to try to get it up to 6.5% at least. Just goes to show we're all different!
Hi Russ, what do you eat and how do you manage to get it to that..... it's my diabetic dream, please bring out a lifestyle book ! I need a copy as soon as .... please. Mines just down to 8.9 with a struggle

Bingaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
At diagnosis 11 months ago I was 12.7 and last month was 7.8. Finding it really hard to get lower but will keep trying :D

AimeeAphid

Im newly diagnosed as Type 2, as of last week and my HBA1C was 105 which I believe is around 11% :?
Hoping to get it down with a low carb diet and Metformin.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got results yesterday. 6.5. Happy with that. Cholesterol 3.9. Very happy with that. All othet tests were really good too. Turned 40 today so delighted to know I'm not falling to bits yet. Onwards and upwards!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You got 5 months on me Thundercat.:lol:
Great results. Well done ye;-)x

@myroomsadisco

lindisfel

Expert
teddybear74 said:
my last ones in january on diagnosis was 46 so the dr said
Surely Teddybear 46 is pre-diabetic in the UK... the threshold level is 48.
Mine has been 50 last twice, just in the diabetic range, but controlled by diet and now hoping for better by low GI and eating to meter.
best wishes
Derek

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
My last test was 5.3. We are still using the old money.

mart47

Just had my results back, and the receptionist tells me its 42 mmol/L :shock:, and thats normal!!! There was no-one else to speak to, so I'm thinking its 42 - but on the convertor that puts it at 2.3. Should I demand a recount as I'm seriously confused?

I have been on a low carb diet since Christmas, and my readings (when I had some test strips) were averaging between 4 and 5 before dinner, and between 5.5 and 6.2 first thing, so I was expecting something like 5.5 - 5.9. Any help welcome!

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Seems you've made same mistake as I did - mine were 55 on converter came up at 3.2 I knew this sounded wrong - Sid Bonkers kindly put me on right track - I am T2 see my query on blood sugar results also from today! In actual fact mine was 55 = 7.2 a bit high I feel even if Surgery don't - however I will find link Sid have me for correct converter.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
According to my converter your HbA1c (42) in old money is 6.0 which is pretty good. Definitely not in the 2s which is far too low. The conversion rate is wrong.

Shaun74

Hi,

Diagnosed Type I in Dec-11 and HbA1c was 16.8, Dec-12 it was down to 12.0.

Was told to "self manage" my insulin until a DAFNE place become available, but am still having real issues with the link between Carbs and Insulin and as you can imagine, my blood sugars are measured bewteen 3 & 32 mmol/L on a daily basis (average of 6 - 25).

Originally Novorapid was precribed with Levemir, but I found that my sugars constantly increased after food for about 3 hours, then the Insulin kicked in and my levels would crash and I would have a hypo. Extremely obvious when this happens thankfully, so I have 10 minutes or so to fix levels. I have recently been put on Apidra, but do not see any increase in the fast acting insulin kicking in.

I have the long awaited DAFNE course from 13 May and wondered whether this would give me the info I need to reduce my HbA1c during the next 3-6 months.

I am very keen to see this level reduce, even though Diet is good & I exercise 2-3 times a week with a PT.

Are there other faster acting insulins that might mean my Post food 2 hr BG test is a little more consistent and I avoid the spikes??

Thanks one and all.
Shaun

Also on Metformin (500g x2) and Simvastatin (40mg x1) although the latter makes my legs ache awfully......

XwizX

My HbA1c on 28th February (Date of diagnosis) was 149 or 15.8% and on the 4th April after being on Novomix 30 twice daily and 3x500mg metformin a day for 4 weeks my HbA1c was 104 or 11.7 so going in right direction.