Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

garythegob

A

Anonymous

garythegob said:
gezzathorpe said:
garythegob said:
I notice people are using different results, ie, mmol, %, I am confused, is there an online convertor, and can anyone tell me what my latest is, I was told my fasting
HbA1c is 51mmol
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Here is a link to a convertor gleaned from this very site

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-units-converter.html
so, my conversion says 6.8% or 8.3mmol

Looks like it. Is that what you were hoping or expecting?

vespa

40 mmol/mol for me, I believe that translates as 6% which is pretty good considering I was diagnosed on New Years Eve.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ligament knee damage has put me on a course of anti inflammatory and gastro pills.
My sugars have been around 9 and 10 since.
The diabetic nurse says not to worry about it but come August my hb1ac will not be as fashionably low as my previous results with no meds.:-(

Elena3984

Anyone have tips to lower bloodshugar because I am giving insulting but I can't seem to get down. I have had diabetes for 9 years now.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Insult me if you like, but I don't think it will get your sugars down :lol:

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Elena, I think mcm... was referring to you mistyping "insulin" as "insulting". Ninety-nine percent of the time there are two things that are the cause of high sugar levels: diet or not taking enough insulin. A few tips: carb count and match your insulin to the amount of carbs you eat (most people are on around 1 unit of Novorapid to 10g or carbs); eat consistent amounts of carbs in each meal; get into a routine; cut down on the amount of carbs you eat.

A

Anonymous

Elena3984 said:
Anyone have tips to lower bloodshugar because I am giving insulting but I can't seem to get down. I have had diabetes for 9 years now.

Are you trying to sort this on your own or do you have regular visits to your health centre? (I know they're not always what they are cracked out to be).

Shinglis

Re: What are your H test results?

duranie said:
Mine was 13.6 on diagnosis, then the lowest I got down to was 9.2. Last year i suffered a serious DKA (blood ph 6.71) and HBa1c of 13.2!!
Last 2 a1cs were 7.7 and 6.4 :D

Just to remind people that results are now going to be given in mmol/mol so an a1c of 6% for example will be 42. Sorry if I'm preaching to the converted about that.....

Yes I truly wish everyone would sing from the same hymn sheet. Percentages are out ( only valid in daily blood glucose testing. ) We (ex nurse) now refer to IFCC HbA1c mmol/mol rather than the DCCT HbA1c %. Old acceptable range 6.5 - 7.5% is now between 48 and 59 mmol/mol

Type2_2000

My lastest result from a week ago was 48 (6.5) however my last HbA1c from back in March was 88 (10.3). That was disappointing as for two years before that I'd had really good sugars: 43(6.1), 39 (5.7), 46 (6.4) and so on...

Initially I was happy to be back into better figures but a month ago I found that my background retinopathy had progressed and now I'm worried I've had too rapid a reduction and may have made my eye conditions worse. Still I have an appointment with my Diabetic Consultant next week. I've also been on to my Eye Consultant's secretary and I've managed to get an appointment next week to see if I have made my retinopathy worse. Wish me luck!

ItsMeOLord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Bit of a pest as the nurse always seems to come up with slightly higher results than my meter. Wouldn't really matter except that meter says I'm on target, nurse is over.