Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Lottie89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got diagnosed in May my Hba1c was 88.
I had a checkup on Friday, I was no nervous before hand but it is now 40. I actually cried with happiness when she told me! It was just such a relief and shows me that all this low carbing and carb counting is having a positive effect and to carry on. I am one very happy diabetic :D x

Reactions: 6 people

Dan Sumner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had the result of my first hba1c since diagnosis, I was 117 when diagnosed and have managed to get it to 63 in 3-4 months, not quite there but it's working.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Himtiw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
mine was 238 mg/dl after that i was diagoned with type 2 Ryt now iam on doses of mixtard 30.....

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HbA1c taken at the start of pump usage 42.

That's the last three steady at <45

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
HbA1c taken at the start of pump usage 42.

That's the last three steady at <45
My consultant doesn't like me being at 44 (6.2) on pump.. She still wants me higher!!!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My consultant doesn't like me being at 44 (6.2) on pump.. She still wants me higher!!!
I'm trying to get offshore at the moment, I suspect this may be a problem in my case.

It tends to reflect my activity level though rather than being constantly at <5.0. I suspect much the same in your case.

Personally I'd rather be nearer 4.5 than 8.5.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Snap @ElyDave... I've now got it that after work I generally come in at 4.1-4.5 levels but of course this is still too low to drive.

My consultant considers my handling any tool being dangerous, not just driving and wants to see them basically above 5.0 at all times.....

Trouble is on days off when not being so **** busy physically then its trying o balance levels from going higher.... I did rely on a tbr for my off days for a while... Now I just prefer to keep pushing myself physically. The only reason for not doing so would be if I am driving to Kent or Dorset so it wouldn't matter so much if they raise a little cos I'm just sat in the car....

Its harder to keep levels up than down I think!!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Snap @ElyDave... I've now got it that after work I generally come in at 4.1-4.5 levels but of course this is still too low to drive.

My consultant considers my handling any tool being dangerous, not just driving and wants to see them basically above 5.0 at all times.....

Trouble is on days off when not being so **** busy physically then its trying o balance levels from going higher.... I did rely on a tbr for my off days for a while... Now I just prefer to keep pushing myself physically. The only reason for not doing so would be if I am driving to Kent or Dorset so it wouldn't matter so much if they raise a little cos I'm just sat in the car....

Its harder to keep levels up than down I think!!
Definitely, I've had that this week, just a few runs and a bit of yoga, but the walking to the clients office (about a mile) and up and down stairs has had me running around those same levels as you by the end of the day

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Diabetic clinic last Friday, HbA1c up from 34 to 36 :(

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
36 is still an excellent non diabetic result, I am not sure that there is any significant difference between your two scores as indicators of risk of diabetic complications.

Both show that you have excellent glycemic control.

Well done.

Pavlos

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
No, not on a iphone...

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

For a T1 that's bloody excellent.

I'd not be worried about going from 34 to 36 and I wonder whether that kind of difference is statistically valid within the sensitivity of the test, unless I'm seeing a general trend. All mine since diagnosis have been 40 or 42, which I'm pretty happy with

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Too low for a T1 acvording to my consultant... Mine at 44 still gave me a roasting over the possibility of hypo's etc.....my consltant always wants me st 6.8 to 7.2.

Why do you want to keep your levels so low?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Too low for a T1 acvording to my consultant... Mine at 44 still gave me a roasting over the possibility of hypo's etc.....my consltant always wants me st 6.8 to 7.2.

Why do you want to keep your levels so low?
I'm assuming you're asking me here?

Basically, I'm a 40 year old T1, and want to remain active and with all bits intact, decent sight etc for another 30 years plus. As far as I'm concerned, as close to "normal" as possible I cna keep my BG, the better. Irrespective of what the consultant says.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
No, sorry Elydave.. But logindetails with a hba1c of 34/36 is under non diabetic hba's -so why aim so low? I would hate to hear that he is a driver.... I realise that I was stung with low level whilst driving so I am biased... But sorey, there is no way that you can have hba's that low without going under 4.0.

Under 4 is deemed as the cut off point for hypo's by consultants and gp's so This too me is sailing way too close to the wind....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mine was 7.0 last Wednesday, thought it would be higher than that, due to a difficult 3 months, so I was convinced it would be about 8 :( so 7.0 is better than expected :) diabetes consultant Mr T, was happy.

RRB