Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It depends what country you are in on what is used., but the chart for conversion is here.
7.4 is 57, 7.1 is 54, and 59 is 7.5

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My Libre is saying I'm on 6.8/50. I'm having an actual HBA1C test soon and praying it's the same area. If it is, it will be the lowest one of my life.

lolabunny876

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always been in 6s except for diagnosis but recent Hba1c was 7.8% :( Since living alone I get extreme hypo anxiety and I feel as if diabetes has taken over my whole life as I check my bg constantly. It’s become a bit of an obsession to avoid going low even though I’m not having any lows! I know it’s all in my head, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Always been in 6s except for diagnosis but recent Hba1c was 7.8% :( Since living alone I get extreme hypo anxiety and I feel as if diabetes has taken over my whole life as I check my bg constantly. It’s become a bit of an obsession to avoid going low even though I’m not having any lows! I know it’s all in my head, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I know how you feel. I scan about 30+ times a day. Which can be a drag. Roll on Libre3. I have my alarms set at 5.6 L and 9.5 H. Sometimes you just have to kick back and trust your tech. Hopefully it works aswell as it does for me.

RoughcutAU

6.3/45. Not my best but I probably shouldn’t complain. It did include a week on a cruise (first one since diagnosis) and a week or 2 to fully get over a cold/virus that I managed to pick up after cruise.

Interesting that my Libre estimate was almost spot on.

• Winner
Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

JBG99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re scanning the Libre: I think it's been mentioned on here before, but for those with a Libre 2 and using Apple tech I highly recommend the Shuggah app (free on the app store).
You turn off Bluetooth for the Libre app (you can still scan using the Libre app) and the Shuggah app picks up the readings from the Libre 2 every minute and displays them on a graph, you can get it to display them on an Apple Watch as well - no more scanning every 20 mins. I now just scan using the Libre app 2 or 3 times a day to keep LibreView updated.
It does mean relying on the alarms in the Shuggah app as the Libre app is no longer getting the updates, but there are many more options to play with.
The only problem I've have had is trouble connecting it to a couple of sensors, but then I just turn Bluetooth back on for the Libre app and have another try when it's time for the next sensor - I really miss having it then!

Reactions: Speedbird

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Re scanning the Libre: I think it's been mentioned on here before, but for those with a Libre 2 and using Apple tech I highly recommend the Shuggah app (free on the app store).
You turn off Bluetooth for the Libre app (you can still scan using the Libre app) and the Shuggah app picks up the readings from the Libre 2 every minute and displays them on a graph, you can get it to display them on an Apple Watch as well - no more scanning every 20 mins. I now just scan using the Libre app 2 or 3 times a day to keep LibreView updated.
It does mean relying on the alarms in the Shuggah app as the Libre app is no longer getting the updates, but there are many more options to play with.
The only problem I've have had is trouble connecting it to a couple of sensors, but then I just turn Bluetooth back on for the Libre app and have another try when it's time for the next sensor - I really miss having it then!
Hi JBG99
Thanks for the info. I have followed all the instructions to the letter, but the Shuggah app is still not reading. It may be that I had already started my Libre2 sensor a couple of days ago? Any advice? Should I just convert back to the libre Bluetooth and start with a new sensor in a couple of weeks? Thank you

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hugs @katie32 I'm sorry to hear that. It's a disease none of would want or wish on anyone else. The good news is there is a lot more help now. The first thing you want to do is get a CGM, continuous glucose monitor, preferably a Dexcom. It will tell you his blood sugars 24/7 and a Dexcom can be calibrated which will make it more accurate than a Libre. The most important thing is to get a cgm asap. They have alerts to let you know when he goes too low or too high. Extremely helpful, especially with kids..

Another thing helpful is an insulin pump. While it doesn't mean any needles, you still have to change the pump insertion site every 3 days, it will save you shots all day. However there are downsides too, so do talk to his doctor about it.

It will take a little bit to get his sugar at a more normal level. At first they give smaller doses and work their way towards the right amount. It is a huge learning curve at first. So much information to learn at once. But it will become old hat soon enough.

Someone on here will have type 1 kids and be able to help you with more experience with regards to kids and type 1. I believe @Juicyj does or she should know some of the people that do.

I would suggest a new thread should be started for more people to see your post and if you end up having any questions.

@EllieM can help you with that if you want

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
My last one was 6.8 which is 50 i believe.

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine is 51 according to my monthly summary from my Freestyle Libre. Since summer this year I really tried to step things up (despite having diabetes since 2003) and my time in target has been hovering around 80% for the last two weeks and counting.

letsgo182

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is currently 40, but I am pretty sure I have type 1.5 as my pancreas seems to be helping me out still

harrisphil

Direct copy and paste from my iPhone notes! Diagnosed in 2018. Most recent, I had been VERY lax on holiday in Spain eating fried potatoes and drinking beer for the 2-weeks before (regularly waking up guiltily seeing my Dexcom at 18+)

October 2022 (Leamington)
HBA1c = 6.9% (5.2mmol/mol)
Fasted blood glucose = NA

April 2022 (Leamington)
HBA1c = 6.0% (42mmol/mol)

October 2021 (Cardiff)
HBA1c = 5.7% (39mmol/mol)

June 2021 (China)
HBA1c = 6.2%