Type 1's What is your BG in the morning?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.2 today - more by luck than judgement. Am switching back to a single daily Lantus dose instead of splitting.

TTP - hope you enjoyed your holiday (or are you still on it?). If you're still in the Honeymoon period then maybe that's where your body thinks your BG should be.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
robert72 said:
4.2 today - more by luck than judgement. Am switching back to a single daily Lantus dose instead of splitting.

How did you come to be on a split dose Robert?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was something I tried after reading Bernstein's book. It seems to work OK, but I wonder if maybe recently I had missed a dose now and again (memory like a sieve).

My old method with the daily shot was to put 3 needles into my pen case very Monday and Friday (using a 4th needle on the Monday) so I knew for certain that I'd taken the Lantus.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
robert72 said:
It was something I tried after reading Bernstein's book. It seems to work OK, but I wonder if maybe recently I had missed a dose now and again (memory like a sieve).

My old method with the daily shot was to put 3 needles into my pen case very Monday and Friday (using a 4th needle on the Monday) so I knew for certain that I'd taken the Lantus.

I was telling someone a few days back about a product called Timesulin which replaces the cap on insulin pens, it tells you how long it is since you last injected so makes mistakes avoidable.

I use the Solostar pens for my lantus and the manufacturer says it fits this type of pen.... here's the link to look at:

http://timesulin.com/de/webshop/timesulin-for-solostar

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
7.1 this morning which I'm happy with considering I had a night off last night when I took the Kiddies to Pizza Hut for my Birthday yesterday. 8) Back to Low carbing today-Business as usual.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
noblehead said:
I was telling someone a few days back about a product called Timesulin which replaces the cap on insulin pens, it tells you how long it is since you last injected so makes mistakes avoidable.

I use the Solostar pens for my lantus and the manufacturer says it fits this type of pen.... here's the link to look at:

http://timesulin.com/de/webshop/timesulin-for-solostar

Thanks Nigel. I'm using an Autopen for my Lantus. Is there any reason that my GP might object to prescribing SoloStar? I am seeing him on Tuesday.

Paul1976

Dislikes
Thanks Guys!! :D Had a really good day yesterday! :thumbup:

thetallerpaul

Happy birthday for yesterday Paul. I'm back from the hols. Was a lovely time off. Not up for work tomorrow at all.

5.9 this morning. Same as it ever was.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
robert72 said:
Thanks Nigel. I'm using an Autopen for my Lantus. Is there any reason that my GP might object to prescribing SoloStar? I am seeing him on Tuesday.

I shouldn't think so. There's another product on the market that I've just spotted in the recent issue of Balance, it's called Insulcheck and fits on the end of most re-usable and disposable pens, here is the link to the website:

http://www.insulcheck.com/Home.htm

iHs

Hi Robert

You may not be aware of it but the Lilly Humapen will also accept Aventis cartridges. The only difference is that the black bung at the end of the Aventis cartridges is nearer to the surface whereas the Lilly cartridges are a bit more recessed but this easy to sort out as when you put the Aventis cartridge inside the pen you just screw on a pen needle (remove the needle cover) and then as you screw the pen together, a small stream of insulin will come out through the needle. Once that is done though, all you have to do is prime as normal and then you are done. Best thing is that the Lilly pens deliver in half unit increments whereas Aventis pens and Autopens dont.

Paul1976

Dislikes
6.1 this morning,the lowest ever since testing my blood! :D

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
noblehead said:
robert72 said:

I shouldn't think so. There's another product on the market that I've just spotted in the recent issue of Balance, it's called Insulcheck and fits on the end of most re-usable and disposable pens, here is the link to the website:

http://www.insulcheck.com/Home.htm
More useful intel. Thanks mate :thumbup:

iHs said:
Hi Robert

You may not be aware of it but the Lilly Humapen will also accept Aventis cartridges. The only difference is that the black bung at the end of the Aventis cartridges is nearer to the surface whereas the Lilly cartridges are a bit more recessed but this easy to sort out as when you put the Aventis cartridge inside the pen you just screw on a pen needle (remove the needle cover) and then as you screw the pen together, a small stream of insulin will come out through the needle. Once that is done though, all you have to do is prime as normal and then you are done. Best thing is that the Lilly pens deliver in half unit increments whereas Aventis pens and Autopens dont.
Thanks iHs - how weird you should mention this as I used to use a Humapen for my Lantus but I lost it a few months ago, so I know exactly about the plunger/needle cover phenomenon :)

Robert

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.3 this morning. Had a 2.9 during the night so I think basal is a bit high now.

Paul1976

Dislikes
thetallerpaul said:
Happy birthday for yesterday Paul. I'm back from the hols. Was a lovely time off. Not up for work tomorrow at all.

5.9 this morning. Same as it ever was.
Thanks TTP! :wink:
The only trouble after a nice break is the dreaded 'Monday morning back'!-It's like you need a holiday to get over the holiday!

pickle76

Hello all :wave:

Welcome back TTP and gald you had a good break. And woo-hoo Paul for your best reading ever! Nice one too Loey. Oh Robert - you've gone the other way now! I HATE having hypos during the night.

As for me, migraine overnight and this morning so feel truly poopy. :sick: And random blood sugars. Not happy :thumbdown: