Type 1's What is your BG in the morning?

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Poor you! :thumbdown: Hope you feel better soon Pickle!! :thumbup: :D

All the best

Paul

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pickle - sorry to see you were not feeling so good today, but glad you're better this evening :thumbup:

Robert

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 this morning. Had fairly normal readings yesterday so I think my week of apparent insulin resistance has finished. Will see how it pans out over the next few days.

TTP that's really odd. Will be interesting to see what happens if you take less.

thetallerpaul

Despite cutting my insulin in the morning in half my BG was 5.0. I've cut my lunch intake as well so will see what that does. Maybe I'm not diabetic at all! One unit of insulin in an injection hardly seems worth the effort.

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
TTP Not 100% sure but I've heard other Type 1's reporting that after starting on Insulin-That they start needing less and less,down to almost nothing due to the 'Honeymoon period'.I could be wrong.

thetallerpaul

Paul,

Yeah maybe. Its not that I don't need it as my levels are still a bit higher than I would like with fastings and pre eating at 6. Its just that they are 6 if I take double my dose or half it. I'm sure the honeymoon is behind it though.

TTP

thetallerpaul

Half insulin all day yesterday led to good levels including my lowest evening reading in a while at 4.9 Had my normal long acting dose and then woke up on 6.7 my highest morning in a while. Take less readings go down. Take normal amount levels go up. Maybe its lucazade in the flexpen.

emmaclaire06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Selfish people
2.8 THIS MORNING oh dear this is becoming far too common must sort this out QUICK

thetallerpaul

Emma,

Do you eat anything before you go to bed? If not you need to alter your insulin surely if you are pitching up below three. I've never seen less than 5.5 and I've still got a lot of my pancreas going.

TTP