ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
It's almost the weekend. I believe my long-acting had stopped being effective based on my BS's for the last two days. I even gave my morning dose again at lunchtime, without any effect. I've been using small injections of QA, in the meantime. The new BI vial worked like a charm last night. Bedtime 5.1 waking 5.2. This whole insulin malarkey is complicated enough without adding this further issue into the mix.

Reactions: Marie 2

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all.
No breakfast this morning as no milk in the fridge grrrr. Gave me a chance to test my basal, looks like it is a bit out as I am now on an 11.1....bit of tweaking on Mike today and see what happens tomorrow

Reactions: hh1

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all.
No breakfast this morning as no milk in the fridge grrrr. Gave me a chance to test my basal, looks like it is a bit out as I am now on an 11.1....bit of tweaking on Mike today and see what happens tomorrow
I also skipped breakfast today. Lunch out planned.
Awoke on a 5.7 injected 3 bolus units ( feet on the floor ) and still managed to hit 8.7 within 30 mins.
Back down to a reasonable 6.1 at the moment.
You and Mike have a great day.:)

Reactions: hh1 and slip

Manfer87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone,

I woke a little higher than I'd like today with a 9.6. But feeling positive I can get back in the lower figures soon enough :)

I am feeling nervous & excited & scared for my day ahead!!
I have an appointment with my GP to discuss fertility o_O

I have PCOS, so we're going to look at what I can have to help the process. So fingers crossed I get to feel like I'm making progress today :)

I hope you all have a great day

Afternoon all,

Well I just wanted to say I am feeling VERY positive right now!!
My appointment with GP went really well. apart from my BMI being just over what it should be (currently 30.3 & it needs to be 30 or under) the GP is happy that everything is good enough that she can refer me to the actual fertility clinic to start discussing & preparing for treatment!!
After 5 years of Dr's making me feel like it was near impossible to have a baby, I finally feel like it is achievable.

So just 1 more blood test to have done (on 17th September) then my referral is sent off.

Hoooraaaaaay :woot:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Day off here, I need to collect the child’s birthday cake ready for weekend party, get candles as I don’t have enough for her age and napkins to wrap cake in. Clean the house as Summer holidays have left it “lived in” and make it to the gym.

Why waste money on more candles.? Have a "retro" themed party & keep the candle count to a minimum.
Keep the mess down too, with just one candle, some bibs & high chairs..

Why waste time with a cake at all..!? Just mention "there will be cake later," giving the illusion of cake..

Hire a clown too.
He can hand the cake out at the end of the party meaning the guests will either be embarrassed to scared to take the treat bags, saving time cutting the "cake.." ;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends,

Diabetes screaming at 10.7 on waking and then shot up to 11.1 with coffee. @Robinredbreast I did have a look, but I don't know how will part time funding will go since I already had my full time funding. @Diakat Yes I am aware, I've seen some apprenticeships paying by national minimal wage and some are paying very well.
A bit of a long afternoon, I have read everyone's comments and I bit the bullet and spoke to a careers adviser. All in all, I knew I had to redo GCSE english, so that needs doing. For beauty, it might be a long shot between going to college or doing an apprenticeship - give or take travelling might be difficult because I have no car. Apprenticeships sounds more appealing despite travelling distance so I've been provided a lot of stuff to research today. I am weighing this up with a year left of university.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all,

Well I just wanted to say I am feeling VERY positive right now!!
My appointment with GP went really well. apart from my BMI being just over what it should be (currently 30.3 & it needs to be 30 or under) the GP is happy that everything is good enough that she can refer me to the actual fertility clinic to start discussing & preparing for treatment!!
After 5 years of Dr's making me feel like it was near impossible to have a baby, I finally feel like it is achievable.

So just 1 more blood test to have done (on 17th September) then my referral is sent off.

Hoooraaaaaay :woot:
Great news @Manfer87, and 17 September's my birthday so I'll sendyou a share of birthday luck that day :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon friends,

Diabetes screaming at 10.7 on waking and then shot up to 11.1 with coffee. @Robinredbreast I did have a look, but I don't know how will part time funding will go since I already had my full time funding. @Diakat Yes I am aware, I've seen some apprenticeships paying by national minimal wage and some are paying very well.
A bit of a long afternoon, I have read everyone's comments and I bit the bullet and spoke to a careers adviser. All in all, I knew I had to redo GCSE english, so that needs doing. For beauty, it might be a long shot between going to college or doing an apprenticeship - give or take travelling might be difficult because I have no car. Apprenticeships sounds more appealing despite travelling distance so I've been provided a lot of stuff to research today. I am weighing this up with a year left of university.

My daughter is doing a Nursery apprenticeship and is doing well, doing her NVQ too, money is pretty low, but as she lives with me, she just pays for board and keep, so I just take a reasonable monthly amount.

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My daughter is doing a Nursery apprenticeship and is doing well, doing her NVQ too, money is pretty low, but as she lives with me, she just pays for board and keep, so I just take a reasonable monthly amount.
I've looked into a beauty apprenticeship, it's only enough to pay for travel and nothing else. So I'm a bit worried because I'll still have to rely on my bf. I'm quite stubborn and I want to be independent. With college, it's also travel but it's not incredibly far. Another option would be to go home and live with my parents until I'm done with 2 years of apprenticeship.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've looked into a beauty apprenticeship, it's only enough to pay for travel and nothing else. So I'm a bit worried because I'll still have to rely on my bf. I'm quite stubborn and I want to be independent. With college, it's also travel but it's not incredibly far. Another option would be to go home and live with my parents until I'm done with 2 years of apprenticeship.

My daughter is nearly 19 and she could not afford to live on her own, or even in a shared house, because money would be quite tight, plus I love her being here ( I will say, most of the time) lol :rolleyes: ;)

Reactions: Marie 2 and porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My daughter is nearly 19 and she could not afford to live on her own, or even in a shared house, because money would be quite tight, plus I love her being here ( I will say, most of the time) lol :rolleyes: ;)
I think explaining about my diabetes issues to my mum, I think she'd want me home too. She too loves me being at home with her, because the boys won't hang out with mummy. :hilarious:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Waiting for my granddaughter to come round, it's her birthday today and she is 11, but no cakes or anything, just a big birthday prezzies and a granddaughter card.
I can't believe it was 8, 1/2 years ago since she was diagnosed :wideyed:

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think explaining about my diabetes issues to my mum, I think she'd want me home too. She too loves me being at home with her, because the boys won't hang out with mummy. :hilarious:

Awww, my daughter spends time in her bedroom, at work or with her boyfriend, but it's her presence I feel and that makes the house our home, plus Pebbles cat :cat: I have missed her this week :(

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Himself has emerged from the bedroom and got as far as the sofa but he is now snoozing. At least he is looking better than last night.
But it has led to the important question:
Why does it feel much much quieter when there is a sleeping person in the room compared to when I am alone even though I don't have music on or anything?

Because possibly, consciously, we don't want to wake that person, so the surrounds we are in tend to stay more quiet, maybe that plays a part, just a thought ? :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why does it feel much much quieter when there is a sleeping person in the room compared to when I am alone even though I don't have music on or anything?

A more heightened awairness whilst in solitude? The hearing maybe subconsciously enhanced as an "alarm mechanism" to would be predators.. Where as part of a group, a little more safety in numbers...?

Some sort of "left over" from the primeval...

Reactions: Kim Possible

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I applied to college for a beauty therapy course, despite no money in my pocket and why not? because there was only one beauty therapy apprenticeship available to me which was 5.4 miles away. I've been offered an interview for college which I am excited but not 100% because of the whole money issue. But we'll see how it goes right?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Waiting for my granddaughter to come round, it's her birthday today and she is 11, but no cakes or anything, just a big birthday prezzies and a granddaughter card.
I can't believe it was 8, 1/2 years ago since she was diagnosed :wideyed:
Well happy birthday to your granddaughter.
Could I possibly send over a “Top Banana “ on account there are no cakes.:):):)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well happy birthday to your granddaughter.
Could I possibly send over a “Top Banana “ on account there are no cakes.:):):)

Thanks, she has gone to have meal out with her dad, she loved her prezzies too :happy: