Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m back. Did you miss me? Actually I got back on Friday 13th after an uneventful day apart from a total electronic search at Jersey Airport. Yes, a titanium knee makes very loud bleeps.
Younger daughter and I had a wonderful passport-free trip. We went to lovely St Brelades Bay twice and mourned that Great Uncle George no longer had a house there. We looked at St Brelades church where my parents were ‘married’ (because I was on the way), and we went to the Jersey Archive Office to view the record of said ‘marriage’ which stated that my naughty father was a bachelor. On my Aunt Frances!
We still decided St Brelades Bay is one of the best beaches we’ve visited.
Oh, and ate lots of seafood. Nighttime highs every night, despite careful counting, but back to ok now.
I’ve been scrolling - great news about pump @MeiChanski.

YES! I was wondering where you disappeared off too. We are glad to have you back and you didn’t take us all in your bag to join you on your trip. Thank you, I’m playing the waiting game like how long does it take for my consultant get funding approved? ;)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning everyone congratulations cranberryice, glad the face is less purple mel and nice to see you back fgm have a good day everyone think i might have a bit of an infection/virus going on as struggling to keep numbers level have highered basal and doing lots of corrections so fingers crossed :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
YES! I was wondering where you disappeared off too. We are glad to have you back and you didn’t take us all in your bag to join you on your trip. Thank you, I’m playing the waiting game like how long does it take for my consultant get funding approved? ;)
mei i was approved in may and still waiting seen dietician and went through carb counting with her ,pump is on order then there will be training my next appoint is not till november so a long prossess but hopefully worth it in the end;)

Reactions: MeiChanski

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hello all!

My beautiful boy arrived 3 weeks ago. Making the most of every moment with him.

Diabetes has taken a backseat for now but I will be back soon hopefully as need to get a grip on it.

Woohoo CONGRATULATIONS Cranberryice. I know a Jaffa Cake eater would like to say congratulations as well x

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
mei i was approved in may and still waiting seen dietician and went through carb counting with her ,pump is on order then there will be training my next appoint is not till november so a long prossess but hopefully worth it in the end;)

Oh nice! According to my nurse, my first appointment out of 3 will be a prepump appointment. So I’m assuming my consultant will write to the funding board, then it gets approved and then they’ll offer me my first appointment. It will be worth it, :) It’s interesting to see how different CCGs work. When I first met my consultant, he said it wouldn’t be long because I did DAFNE and I’m doing everything else on daily basis - carb counting, different insulins, different ratios etcetc. But I don’t know how long is not long, I’m assuming it can’t be as bad as waiting for a mental health appointment, which I waited 3months for.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, it's my birthday and I already don't like it. Mattie was ill overnight so had to make a trip to the vet this morning; my usual vet not available so had to go somewhere else. Just a stomach upset she thinks but although she wasn't sick, I had no idea one puppy had so much saliva (sorry, tmi) which apparently is a sing of nausea. fortunatley everything that came out the other end managed to happen in the garden, but not a great night and a vet's bill too.

Added to that, when I woke up at 5 this morning my left ring finger was itching like crazy and I realised it was swollen. Managed to et my wedding ring off just in time; I now have a cartoon fat swollen finger so I assume I was bitten by something in the night. I've already met someone local who's been bitten by a false widow eight-legged thing with a horror story to got with it so I obv scared myself with that idea but it hasn't got any worse so I imagine I'll recover just like Mattie.

And woke on a 7, fine, after trip to the vet's (at which the little baggage of course behaved as if nothing at all was the matter) 12.7 - stress or what!? Grumpy? Moi? Nah...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
at first it was ypso but now im getting omnipod as there are no tubes x
I’ve encountered an omnipod wearer - he too chose it because there are no tubes. His work would make tubes problematic.

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all, it's my birthday and I already don't like it. Mattie was ill overnight so had to make a trip to the vet this morning; my usual vet not available so had to go somewhere else. Just a stomach upset she thinks but although she wasn't sick, I had no idea one puppy had so much saliva (sorry, tmi) which apparently is a sing of nausea. fortunatley everything that came out the other end managed to happen in the garden, but not a great night and a vet's bill too.

Added to that, when I woke up at 5 this morning my left ring finger was itching like crazy and I realised it was swollen. Managed to et my wedding ring off just in time; I now have a cartoon fat swollen finger so I assume I was bitten by something in the night. I've already met someone local who's been bitten by a false widow eight-legged thing with a horror story to got with it so I obv scared myself with that idea but it hasn't got any worse so I imagine I'll recover just like Mattie.

And woke on a 7, fine, after trip to the vet's (at which the little baggage of course behaved as if nothing at all was the matter) 12.7 - stress or what!? Grumpy? Moi? Nah...
I don’t know if Happy Birthday would be appropriate so sending Birthday Hugs

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Birthday @hh1 ! (you're also sailing close to the wind mentioning a certain 8 legged animal!) - hope swelling goes down and Mattie gets better too.

I must be doing something right, 5.8 before breakfast and 6.0 3 hrs after - bound to go wrong now I've mentioned it!

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning - just popping in to congratulate @CranberryIce on her new arrival, wish @hh1 a happy birthday and a better rest of day and hope everyone else has a good day whatever they're doing.

Think someone has kindly given me a cold so my insulin has turned to water and I've had to just stare at the banana I wanted to eat an hour ago and have treated the bolus I took for it as a correction instead. Harrumph. :sorry:

Reactions: Cumberland