1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

I can't resist! This gal we picked up from a dog rescue just a couple of days ago. She was a hard to place dog because she was so timid. Since I used to do rescue myself I asked for a hard luck case. She's doing great and almost 3 years old. She keeps going to the couch as her safe spot but is starting to venture forth and has played with my dobie some! Much more than we expected so soon!

upload_2019-8-18_14-9-12.png upload_2019-8-18_14-9-58.png

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning friends,
    Thank you for all the good luck messages. Diabetes resolved itself after a takeout yesterday, bg is 5.1 :)
    Oo theres cute doggies now, oh I’m in love. I might go back to sleep because I crash during the afternoon. Have a nice day!

• Like Like x 6
  3. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Oh what a beauty! does she have a name? She looks quite like a Manchester terrier.

@Fairygodmother I'm in the failure to post pictures club with you. I cannot get my phone to talk to my computer and my camera's given up the ghost. I will keep trying, honest, @ANTJE. She's doing very well, has met my friend's two adult dogs, was cautious of the spaniel at first but already wants to box with her. She thought the little one - a Scotty/Westy cross who's actually shorter than Mattie - was a safe bet; little did she know! Jumped on her from behind and was told in some very rude dog language to clear off. So she's now extemely interested but circumspect - very funny.

A couple of minor hypos (just lows really) due to running after a puppy, apart from which all quiet on the T1 front.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Marie 2

Her name is Sydney, the rescue called her that because they thought she had some Australian Shepherd in her. She doesn't look it from her pics, but she's about 3 stone. They actually did a DNA chart on her and she has, Australian Shepherd,Australian Cattle Dog, Terrier Group, Black and Tan Coonhound, Greyhound, and Lhasa Apso huh???? lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marie 2

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #21806 Marie 2, Aug 19, 2019 at 7:30 AM
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  7. Marie 2

8. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone,

Blood sugar a bit erratic yesterday, been busy doing things so didn't get a chance to visit yesterday. Overnight quite stable woke in the 5s.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

sending a waving hand from north wales

good shoogs for all today ( hopefully )

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Wow, that's some mix! I looked up Aus coonhond as I don't know the breed and the black and tans look like Sydney. She's literally running rings around Kai, great vid, thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

12. Robinredbreast

13. Robinredbreast

Morning all, it's Monday again and so soon too :rolleyes: but hoping you all have great day :)

• Like Like x 4
  14. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

Morning dog and cat lovers,
    I thought yesterday was a chilled day. And then I realised I went to the gym, did the laundry, baked some bread, dyed my hair and made a couple of felt robins as well as ate cake and shopped for tea.
    Unfortunately, I have to work today. But at least, working from home, I don't need to venture out into the wet. Himself was very grumpy when he looked out of the window and went back to get his full waterproof gear to walk to work.

Diabetes? I think it is time to tweak my insulin sensitivity factor - if I need to correct in the night, I am too low by the morning.

May your dogs keep you entertained ... and if you have none of your own, may dog videos keep you entertained.

• Like x 3
    • Hug x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  15. MeiChanski

Ladies, do you think I can get away with a pair of thick leggings under my skirt and low top dr martens? I don't have tights and professional smart shoes. :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’ve tried sending them from my iPhone and my iPad. I’ve a slightly old apple pc too that I’ll have a go from later today. I know Mel said she’s been able to send from an iPhone. Heartened by cloud contact video success so I’ll try that later too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fairygodmother

No, sorry, none of my efforts worked last night. I was trying to upload til the last gasp. Figurative!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fairygodmother

Love the pics of your happy dogs @Marie 2

• Like Like x 1
  19. MeiChanski

I'm not being interviewed for a high end job but I want to at least look smart.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

If your leggings have no holes in, your DMs are clean and you feel comfortable, I would have no problem with how you are dressed.
    It is the person in the DMs, leggings and skirt that is being interviewed, not the clothes.

Check your BG before you go in, make any necessary correction and then go, knock 'em dead.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook