1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My wife does 13 hr shifts constantly on her feet.
    Hotter or Ecco shoes are her go to shoes for comfort.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm envious of you going to Norfolk @becca59 it's supposed to be a birding paradise

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

A cheaper option than new shoes (in the interim.) could be cushioned gel insoles? Which can be cut to fit exsisting footwear.

Which may help?

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good afternoon, I have been busy out in the garden, as it's a lovely sunny day. Just had lunch and watching an old Carry on film, Carry On Cabby :hilarious:
    Hope you are all having a great Sunday :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Aawww, poor cat, I bet he was so pleased to see you and I'm sure you're forgiven :cat:

I have had 3 children and only once could my other half be there, so there may be changes during the labour, but what an experience for you and I hope all goes well :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

He spent all of the evening on my lap. Usually he comes by to say hello a couple of times and then goes away again to do cat things.
    [​IMG]

Thank you!
    The only experience I have with birth is when the dog gave birth, and I was very impressed by that.
    I think being invited to a birth is something very, very special. I expect this will be the only time I'll get to experience this.

Of course I'll tell you all about it when my new favourite person has arrived!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Two gigs, two nights running, and I bet my eggcups are cooler than your eggcups :D

D9225907-0880-445E-87E6-EBB774B07E89.jpeg

Sugars running ok except for a hypo in the night and no alarms due to a Libre and therefore Loop failure. Hey ho. Woke up, took a couple of dextro tabs and went back to sleep. Had a major sweat on so didn’t bother doing a blood test, felt properly low for the first time in ages. It happens. T1 life, innit?

Got a full day of studying planned, which is why I’m fannying around on the internet, obvs :rolleyes: Might go upstairs and get my CPR kit out and have a run through of my practicals. My issue is that I hate role play; acting is not my forte. I can do all the things in actual patients, it’s just the fakery of doing it on a doll. An unconcious person gurgles, you use suction to clear the airway - dolls don’t do that, but you have to remember to do it with no cue. And under exam stress, that’s when you forget things. I’m just hoping my brain will just click into the zone like it does when I’m dealing with real people. Gah. Just want it over and done with tbh.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thank you, I purchased insoles but I am also looking at shoes. My shoes aren’t waterproof so it’s dangerous if anyone accidentally spilled something. Unfortunately ya girl hypoed at the start of chaotic lunch hour. You can say I was very confused at least customers were nice. I called my mum to ask why am I not a natural smiley person. I’m not miserable but I do have a very resting B face. (Bf’s friend said I looked extremely angry when we had food together.) A customer told me to smile but my mind was like this is my serious work look. I can’t smile, it’ll be force smiling. I’m thinking like the joker type forced smile

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  9. LooperCat

Update: I’m making crunchy lupini beans...

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. therower

@LooperCat . A lovely pair of egg cups.
    You are without doubt the only person I know who could post a picture of two eggs in two egg cups and still manage to get something PURPLE in shot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. LooperCat

Tbf, in this house it’s hard NOT to get something purple in the shot.:rolleyes:

Now avoiding revision by baking.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  12. therower

I think I’ve seen all the Carry On Films.
    Top 5.
    1. Cruising.
    2. Behind.
    3. Camping.
    4. Convenience
    5. Cabbie.
    Notable mentions. Sargent, Teacher, Constable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. LooperCat

Low carb Jaffa cakes cooling and now it’s time to make a vat of vegan vindaloo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@SueJB it is indeed good for birds. Though to be honest I go for the lovely walks along empty beaches. We were born on the east coast and spent our formative years close to the sea in Lincolnshire, but moved 30 years ago and are now in the middle of the country. For holidays we nearly always gravitate to the sea.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I love the sea but wouldn't want to live on the coast. I like to spend some of my holihos by the sea but not the whole time. I like a bit of mix and match. I love birds and am chuffed with the number of birds who come to visit. We're members of the RSPB but haven't made enough of our membership this year which is sad.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

This guy is all over the place here, first time I had ever see one that was only a crested colored cardinal. We have the full colored cardinal here too, you just don't see them as much. ( not my picture lol, I don't have the patience!)

Interesting this. We also have some colorful bright green parakeets that are usually found in large flocks that have thrived but are considered invasive. Beautiful, but it has turned out not to be a good thing. The Ring Necked Parakeets are either from a bed and breakfast that set a bunch loose in the 60's or a common story told is they got loose during a hurricane by someone raising them. Considering hurricanes really aren't that common and it seems that it is commonly accepted they've been around since the 60's it's probably the bed and breakfast story that's more true. But they also have gotten loose from being peoples pets for years and I'm sure that has helped add to the population.

Red Crested Cardinal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Lots of flocks of those ring necked parakeets in the Netherlands as well, @Marie 2. I loved seeing them flying by my house when I lived in Amsterdam, or sit in the trees in the park.
    Good or bad, they're here now so we'd better enjoy them :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone hope your start of the week is a good one

19. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Flu jab at 8:15am. Better haul myself out of bed. Oh and 36 hours with a near straight arrow in the blue. And yes carbs were involved in the making of that line. Feeling happy-it won’t last

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

You missed Carry on Up the Kyber - think that’s what it was called

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook