Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, had mother in law staying with us as she had her second cataract done and also had a 'christmas day' for the sister and brother in law before they shoot off for the skiing season. Bloods were as expected, although the Libre helped with all the corrections needed. Oh and the wifes new to us car which we've had for just over 2 months has come up with a series of dash warning and so had to take that into the garage this morning - totally threw my routine out.

Kittens are cute antje!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon
Bloods were really good over the weekend. We had our friends over for xmas dinner on Saturday which also includes a lot of gin!!! Found out that lemon gin and diet coke doesnt really effect my bloods (WINNER) BUT the xmas dinner and cheesecake for dessert raised the bloods a bit! Luckily dual wave boluses really do work :) So now i will be having turkey sarnies for dinner this week

Welcome back @Fairygodmother
@karen8967 how have your bloods been over the weekend?

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon
Bloods were really good over the weekend. We had our friends over for xmas dinner on Saturday which also includes a lot of gin!!! Found out that lemon gin and diet coke doesnt really effect my bloods (WINNER) BUT the xmas dinner and cheesecake for dessert raised the bloods a bit! Luckily dual wave boluses really do work :) So now i will be having tureky sarnies for dinner this week

Welcome back @Fairygodmother
@karen8967 how have your bloods been over the weekend?
Bit up and down at the min porl69 done a pod change earlier but bloods started rising so just done another 1 and that seems to be working. me nerves are gone

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah! @porl69 thats what I was missing.............the Gin - Gin tends to drop me but I was on red wine for our alternative xmas dinner yesterday.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
All cash tips that front of house get, gets put into a pot and it is shared between all of us, we all get 10% of it. But after Christmas, those not doing their job up to the manager’s standard will only get half of it.
Manager and supervisor’s attitude towards my hypos hasn’t changed much. But I’ve been okay in general, diabetes was 7.7 this morning and I have an eye test later. Annoying thing is I told my manager that I have an appointment today but she put me down to go in at midday for work. So I only have a few hours in for work and not a full day.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a group, there’s about 13 of us, 15 including manager and supervisor. 25 if you include kitchen staff.
Eye examine said I have astigmatism, so I am neither long or short sighted. That set me back £199 for glasses *cries deeply*

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
15 people on weekends, around 5-6 of us on a weekday. If I got £30 from a table, I’ll be getting a few pence.

andyginn32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just signed up to join this chat, just curious to find out what ages people are, when they got type 1 and how they’re managing?

I’ll start off, i’m currently 18 and had type 1 diabetes since age of 5. I’m on the pump but pushing to get the freestyle libre as it’ll benefit me massively!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
15 people on weekends, around 5-6 of us on a weekday. If I got £30 from a table, I’ll be getting a few pence.

So are you saying you get 10% of the tips you collect? not 10% of all tips received in that session? what is your understanding of how tips are dealt with? all sounds a bit 'dodgy' to me!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @andyginn32 - in this thread we're a odd bunch! :rolleyes:

I'm nearly 50, dx'd at 27 - classic T1 symptoms, on mdi and recently restarted using the Libre due to skin reactions - so far so good.

Reactions: andyginn32

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ll start off, i’m currently 18 and had type 1 diabetes since age of 5. I’m on the pump but pushing to get the freestyle libre as it’ll benefit me massively!
Diagnosed with diabetes at 39, now 42. Rediagnosed with T1 a year ago. Tresiba and Fiasp, plus self-funded Freestyle Libre and regular finger sticks (not self-funded of course). Happy with how this works for me, except for the self-funding part.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So are you saying you get 10% of the tips you collect? not 10% of all tips received in that session? what is your understanding of how tips are dealt with? all sounds a bit 'dodgy' to me!

10% of the pooled together tips that we get towards the end of the week. It is also divided by the hours we do as well.
Some tables pay cash tips that we put into a pot, that gets shared between all of us. The amount depends on the hours you work and the effort you put in. So the manager’s favourites get 10%.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just signed up to join this chat, just curious to find out what ages people are, when they got type 1 and how they’re managing?

Hello welcome!
I was 8 when I was diagnosed in 2001. I’m managing okay, hypoglycaemias still happen but I’ve been a lot better.