Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, not a lot of work this week, but I have a new school run to another town this afternoon, so that's good.
Awoke on 6.4 this morning, after a correction dose of 1.5 last night and happy with that :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sensor had me showing as hypo in the early hours this morning but a blood test showed me at 4.3, and still holding steady now. No protesters this morning and no bacon roll (as yet.....I'm on the hunt! - where theres 'press' there'll be bacon rolls............

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My dobie sailed through surgery, 6 molars pulled and is doing great. It was a trick because of skipping insulin and trying to dose some humalog with no basal dose. But she's pretty chipper!

Reactions: MeiChanski

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Last day for revision so of course I'm taking the opportunity to update my Loop software instead. I won't install it into my system until after tomorrow's exam though. Not THAT stupid!

Bloods running steady, don't seem to have needed a foot on the floor dose yet today. watching for a potential rise that I might need to react too...

Reactions: CranberryIce
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Last day for revision so of course I'm taking the opportunity to update my Loop software instead. I won't install it into my system until after tomorrow's exam though. Not THAT stupid!

Bloods running steady, don't seem to have needed a foot on the floor dose yet today. watching for a potential rise that I might need to react too...

Hi, can't see your Vegan sausage roll thread, has it wandered off to pastures new ?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
TOM is here and I’m grumpy, extremely hunger and tired. Despite less hours of work this week, I’m going to enjoy it because it’s the period girl’s dream to eat and sleep.
When I was doing DAFNE two months ago, the dietitian who was also a type 1 on a pump, lovely woman but she was very adamant about protein should not raise my blood sugars. But I did a food diary to prove that eggs did increase my blood sugars, it wasn’t a sharp spike but more of a slanted slow rise. But nonetheless still a rise. She said I’d go through burnout if I did three separate ratios for carbs, fat and protein. 2 months on, I’m drinking a vegan protein shake and I still get a slow slanted rise from morning until my next meal. I had no choice but to set a carb ratio of 1:4 for something that contains less than 7g of carbs with 20-25g of protein. So far it works out nicely :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Last day for revision so of course I'm taking the opportunity to update my Loop software instead. I won't install it into my system until after tomorrow's exam though.

Good luck for tomorrow's exam :):):)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It’s been taken down for moderation, I assume for the sneering attitudes of people who have zero interest in ever eating a vegan sausage roll.

Thank you! Bored of revision now...

Thanks for letting me know :)

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Good luck!

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But I did a food diary to prove that eggs did increase my blood sugars, it wasn’t a sharp spike but more of a slanted slow rise. But nonetheless still a rise. She said I’d go through burnout if I did three separate ratios for carbs, fat and protein. 2 months on, I’m drinking a vegan protein shake and I still get a slow slanted rise from morning until my next meal. I had no choice but to set a carb ratio of 1:4 for something that contains less than 7g of carbs with 20-25g of protein. So far it works out nicely :)

I have to bolus for eggs or I get a steady rise toooo

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski, A vegan protein low carb shake is one thing I had a lot of difficulty with. Maybe it has to do with it's a a easily usable 20 grams of protein, and only 5 grams carbs? I tried it a few times and it shot up my BG's. They are sitting on my shelf now. ( ready to drink ones)

I bought them because I thought it would be nice to have a low carb protein drink that would not affect my Bg levels. Sigh....

Reactions: MeiChanski

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1573807922853.jpg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning
Good luck @LooperCat in you exam x

Consultant appointment yesterday. Actually seen the consultant too. Mentioned my hypo unawareness and he said that there are other options open to me, not just the Libre/Miaomiao combination he said to have a chat with my DSN. Well 10 mins later was talking to the DSN and she also mentioned the Guardian 3 sensor and agreed that it would benefit me. Now have to wait for the Medtronic rep to get hold of the team and then get me in for a trial :)
HBA1C was 50 which is exactly where the DSN wanted it to be so all good for yesterday afternoon

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

9.1 to start off the afternoon and I’ve landed two job interviews for permanent/ fixed contracts. Zero hour contracts while they are good, it wasn’t providing me any stability. It is pushing my anxiety up everyday because I don’t know when I’m getting work.