Type 1'stars R Us

Marieba

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Marieba, and welcome. Yes, it’s a great place for info, and support, and often a bit of non-T1 stuff too. How long have you had T1 living with you? What kind of things make you happy, apart from decent blood sugars?
Hi and thank you :) I was diagnosed in 2016. Well, other than decent blood sugars haha I enjoy being outdoors, going for walks, I am lucky enough to live in New Zealand which has beautiful beaches and is great for hiking, and also amazing wine which (in moderation!) really help keep my levels fairly decent!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We wrote the same thing at the same time, I hadn't seen your reply before i posted mine :)

But whatever we call it, it's definitely time for bed now!
Take care of yourself and set an alarm to do an extra bg-check tonight ;)

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We wrote the same thing at the same time, I hadn't seen your reply before i posted mine :)

But whatever we call it, it's definitely time for bed now!
Take care of yourself and set an alarm to do an extra bg-check tonight ;)
it's already set for 4 dude

Reactions: Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee sorry didn't realise i was quoting you

Hey, it's the internet.. I have a thick skin love harsh banter & have comprehensive understanding.. , former DCUK moderator & been round the world. Surviving on my whits...

No need to apologise.. :cool: All good in my book & looking sharp with your new profile pic..

Find your way about & get your head around the diagnosis.

Best wishes..

Reactions: chris85 type 1

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Chris85 apologies if someone says this in the following 76 posts which I haven’t time to read, but on my DAFNE course they handed out special blood testing monitors that calculated carbs needed. Those that struggled loved them.

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, judging by all the posts late last night many of you aren't going to be up and about for a bit!

@chris85 type 1 maths isn't a barrier any more, do the dafne course get your meter set up with your correct bolus calculations and correction factor and you'll see an improvement - you can then fine tune things then. You say you care for your mum so you are worth it - doubly so.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Chris85 apologies if someone says this in the following 76 posts which I haven’t time to read, but on my DAFNE course they handed out special blood testing monitors that calculated carbs needed. Those that struggled loved them.
how can a monitor count carbs nneeded you would need to know whats in what you are eating dont think i could trust that at first would take a lot of getting used to but could also be really really good thank you

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, judging by all the posts late last night many of you aren't going to be up and about for a bit!

@chris85 type 1 maths isn't a barrier any more, do the dafne course get your meter set up with your correct bolus calculations and correction factor and you'll see an improvement - you can then fine tune things then. You say you care for your mum so you are worth it - doubly so.
seems like all my doses are wrong per meal i would take around 12/15 units of novorapid and at night 20 units of levemir well last night i took 34 units of novorapid and 24 of levemir my bg before bed was 5.7mmo/l when i woke up 9.6mmo/l i didn't wake up to check during the night but i was positive i was going to hypo

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, thank you for the lovely messages - I’ve decided to keep my account, but only stay on this thread, so please don’t tag me elsewhere ❤️

Hello @chris85 type 1 - sounds like you’re having an utterly miserable time of things, sending a cyber-hug. I’ve been where you are, and I understand how horrible it is. But you’ve made a great step in reaching out here, that’s often the hardest part of taming the diabetes demon. I see you’re on injections of Levemir and Novorapid? FWIW, the first thing you need to do is what we call “basal testing” - if you can get your Levemir dose and timings right (are you taking it once or twice a day? It only lasts 17-18 hours, so many users split their dose morning and night) you’ve got a level foundation for your mealtime and correction doses. Have a read of this - https://mysugr.com/en/blog/basal-rate-testing - it’s a brilliant guide to getting your Levemir dose right. I suspect you’re going high in the evening because it’s run out. That particular insulin has quite a peak, which can lead to overnight hypos and evening highs when taken at night.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i like it

Attachments

• il_794xN.1796165833_dhy2.jpg
    il_794xN.1796165833_dhy2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 185

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
good morning @LooperCat i have been thinking that about levemir i bumped into a lady a couple of years back and found out she was daibetic on levemir she said she splits her basal doses morning and evening apart from you guys she is the only diabetic i have spoken to in 16 years

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77