Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone.
Well it’s Friday so it must be weekend time. Slight problem. The last 2 days have been exactly the same as today and the coming days aren’t looking to different either.
Not being allowed to go work has made all the time, everyday a weekend.
Roll on normality.:):):)

Reactions: kev-w and hh1

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Good morning everyone.
Well it’s Friday so it must be weekend time. Slight problem. The last 2 days have been exactly the same as today and the coming days aren’t looking to different either.
Not being allowed to go work has made all the time, everyday a weekend.
Roll on normality.:):):)

On-line team meeting yesterday and senior management are happy with everybody's home working efforts as most KPI's have improved.

I am starting to wonder if this is the new normal? Maybe this is the start of the home working revolution that I saw Raymond Baxter talking about on Tomorrow's World in 1976.

Yesterday I stopped work at 3pm and took Mrs Urb' food shopping. No queues and got pretty much everything we needed for the coming week then did a couple of hours for the company in the evening. I'm actually liking the flexibility to be honest.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@therower . I’m losing track of days too and I’m retired lol! No appointments or places to be or people coming over certain days.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@urbanracer .
This could be the dawn of a new era.
Biggest problem for me would be fitting a rather large printing machine in my garage.:woot:

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m also getting my days muddled- I wouldn’t have been working anyway as I’m on mat leave but we still had regular things like playgroups, baby music etc each week, stuff in the evenings- I remember two weeks ago just standing in front of the calendar and just gradually striking them off as they were cancelled until now we have nothing happening. It’s sort of liberating, time is never important to get out to appointments etc, but the days really are blending, especially as I’m still up in the night sometimes, it all just runs together!

Woke up on a 5.9, was just 6.7 after lunch, however libre has been reading <4 all day - looks like I’ve got another duff one. Time to call Abbott again...

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am not, under any circumstances, bringing students home. Much as some of them might like that. I worked from home for many years, grew up in a self-employed household, and, apart from the few hours a week of church admin stuff and music work, I have no desire to return to it unless forced to.

However, I've decided this isn't like a trial run of retirement for me should I end up furloughed, because retirement will be, hopefully, a long term thing. This is not, I also hope(!!) and I'm trying not to get too comfortably settled into long-term projects that I'll get frustrated at having to leave once my usual working routines are back again. Just lots of jobs that needed doing when I had the time - um, and that time seems to be now.

Mind you, I'm not certain I've bitten off more than I can chew with the house-cleaning and de-cluttering. The sitting room looks as if a whirlwind has hurled through and I've filled the paper recycling box very fast. Also the "Unwanted Presents for Recycling Drawer" has had a thorough sort as I'm sure we'll be having a church bazaar as soon as we can!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And back with a bicycle update :p it's now revamped and working ok and not creaking as much and xDrip also seems to be working once again too, a double moussaka, veg and olives for tea but without the usual rice tonight, for laters I may restring my fave guitar as I've had had a set of Rotosounds sat around since Christmas waiting and the current ones blacken my fingers with all the dust they've collected over the last 6 months.

It doesn't feel like a Friday evening that's for sure.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@therower . I’m losing track of days too and I’m retired lol! No appointments or places to be or people coming over certain days.
I have 5 dates in my April calendar - 3 lunch dates with various friends - now cancelled :arghh::arghh: :arghh:, INR blood test for hubby and a GP telephone consult for me. Quietest month since I went semi-retired last September.

Reactions: hh1

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning! Massive hypo in the night, never downed 150ml coke so quickly. Levelled me out to a nice 5. Todays strange yoghurt free breakfast was a sliced apple. Keeping my beady eye on it.
On a positive note, it is sunny enjoy it and tomorrow in the most sensible social distancing way possible.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Woke with the sunrise today, unusual, and a treat. Everything looks so fresh; it’s a beautiful, reviving contrast to the human news so I’m drinking it all in for the moment. 6.1, and a sleepy, breakfasted cat up close.
Hope everyone has a happy day in the sun at home today. Unless you’re one of the people who’s still working in which case stay safe, stay healthy.
The weekly walk was yesterday, in one of the the many woods that this time - there are lots of wooded places in this area. We wondered if we’d be challenged for driving there - it’s just a mile or so but a safer way than walking on some of the narrow pavements. The woods were almost empty, we saw just five people and four energetic dogs. It was glorious, and there may be two or three weekly walks if it’s like that; I really miss all the varied walks we used to do, and so do bloods.
Our lovely neighbour did some shopping for us yesterday and it’s in quarantine in the outhouse, all except for a boiling joint which was cooked last night. I donned the latex gloves and washed the packaging in soap, but I couldn’t stop the baby bathing images and scenes from Alice in Wonderland flooding my brain. Didn’t expect those side effects of social isolation.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke in the 5s again, let's hope we stay steady through the day.

Well the bulbs I was digging up yesterday have found lots of new homes in the village, more to go still. I am however finding that the current lack of independence is starting to chafe. Who knew I'd miss walking round a supermarket choosing for myself? Or that I'd find it quite so hard to keep asking other people to do things? Or that I'd be craving things like chocolate as it doesn't seem right to ask for non-necessities from others who are shopping for me? And now I face the dilemma of whether to go and get my own petrol so I can cut the grass or should I ask someone to get it for me? I am so, so grateful for what others are doing; I wish whole heartedly that I could be doing that instead of being on the receiving end.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@hh1 people are happy to help. My SIL is on the Shielding list so whenever we go shopping I give her a ring and ask if there’s anything she needs - we have plenty of time anyway. When we drop it off she stands by the kitchen door and we have a chat for about 30mins - until I remember I’ve got some frozen food in the boot!! It’s like a relay race I’m 12 foot away from SIL, BIL is 9 foot from me and hubby is 9 foot from him - extreme social distancing in practice! Can you order your food and chocolate on line?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I know what you mean about the guilt @hh1, I have loads of it when lovely GP neighbour does our shopping! She’s dealing with all that her work entails, worrying about her family, and helping us too - I want to be the one shopping for her! To make it even worse, she and her husband asked us to witness their Wills last weekend so we did a social distancing latex gloved dance on the front drives together while trying to be happy ironic neighbourly friends. Ah me!
Our older daughter, who’s teaching key workers’ children, came to pick up a prescription and fetched us some Easter for treats to leave at the bottom of next door neighbours’ garden tomorrow, when the Lindt Easter bunnies have done their outhouse quarantine stretch. Wish it were more.
And I know what you mean about going to the shops, I do a mental walk down the aisles every time we make a list of what we’d like/need. Chocolate always features! Our lovely neighbour always gets us some, and has even bought the bottle of brandy husband said he’d really like. The online banking to transfer payment’s a godsend.

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have 5 dates in my April calendar - 3 lunch dates with various friends - now cancelled :arghh::arghh: :arghh:, INR blood test for hubby and a GP telephone consult for me. Quietest month since I went semi-retired last September.

Hi, I had two hospital appointments cancelled, one (at the pain management clinic) sent me a text to say because of the outbreak of COVID-19, they will call me instead at the stated time, they didn't. So I rang them and I was told the text was a mistake and the doctors are now working in ICU and the A& E department.
The other one was for eye laser treatment, but that will go ahead at a later date.
Our NHS staff are just wonderful <3

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and nice hot sunny weather tomorrow, so the garden it is and maybe a summery dress ( but with a cardigan of some sort near by.
Take care and be safe.
ps 7.3 on waking, after a very low BG night

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, it's beautiful here in Oxford so I'm feeling extremely positive and hope you are too. Gardening here too @Robinredbreast

I did more than wash my hands yesterday, I had a bath! For the first time in absolute ages I felt happy that I'm small and could lie down and have a good soak.

No badge again! but 7.1 isn't too bad. Must dig faster

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s my birthday today - baby gave me a lie in (best present ever!) and I’m going to make my own cake later, because I love baking but rarely get the time or occasion to do it. Woke on a mild hypo and treated to a 6.3 which I’m counting as a win today, have a great day everyone and hope you enjoy the weather in the garden/out in the woods/from your window :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning :) 4.5 to wake to, hovering at 7.3 after porridge and eggs (not in the same bowl) and today I fancy a cycle ride, I got a pair of padded lycra shorts and although I don't work in a bank I'll be a half lycra banker later :p

Apart from cycling I've a house to decorate so currently am sat in a fair bit of squalor downstairs, if you stamp on the carpet there's a dust cloud, in fact there's dust absolutely everywhere, the carpet is tip bound but the tip's shut, I've material to paper the ceiling and walls, but need paint and timber, plasterboard and tiles, inspiration and flooring and the tip to reopen as I've still rubble sacks and waste wood to get rid of.

I need a gas fitter too to remove the feed pipe to the fire but have a mate who'll go on my roof to put a cowl on the chimney pots to stop the stupid pigeons falling down it and a new tv aerial whist he's up there at a safe social distance...

Enjoy your weekends :)

Reactions: karen8967

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s my birthday today - baby gave me a lie in (best present ever!) and I’m going to make my own cake later, because I love baking but rarely get the time or occasion to do it. Woke on a mild hypo and treated to a 6.3 which I’m counting as a win today, have a great day everyone and hope you enjoy the weather in the garden/out in the woods/from your window :)

:) Happy birthday :)

***** It's mine tomorrow :p ******

Reactions: Marie 2