Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh poor postie! I don’t blame the rest for going on strike. Maybe you’ll have some interesting wildlife in your lawn by the time the parts arrive. Hope the allotment gets ready in time for the sowing and planting.
Yes allotment is just about ready and rotovator is currently working so I can prep beds as I go if needs be.

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fairygodmother

Unfortunately my manager didn’t take my diabetes as an answer for time off. She told me to come in any way so I did go to work today :(

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, don't know where yesterday went, seemed to be very busy with all sorts of stuff, some of it social, some not. Hope everyone's well and have a good day.

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Day off today (booked pre Covid-19) so will enjoy the sunshine as can’t do what I intended. Seem to spend most of yesterday in conference calls and Skype meetings - the wonders of modern technology. Works laptop now in the cupboard until Tuesday as it’s too easy to just ‘quickly log in’ and see what e-mails need responding to etc. Have a good day everyone

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Argos are open too, although that may be because they are within Sainsbury's in our no-horse-town. They deliver as well as click and collect.
Stand alone Argos stores are closed but those within Sainsbury’s are not but only for click and collect. They also deliver.

Reactions: Marie 2 and smc4761

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, Like Kev the only reason I know what day it is roughly is by the length of my stubble too. Hmmm yeap feels like a Thursday to me!

Woke in the night to a hypo, managed to treat it without eating the entire cupboard (not that theres that much in it!) and landed on a nice 6.4 this morning.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, a splendid sunny badge day so I'll be wearing my 5 with pride.
I do hope everyone is keeping well. It's clear there's a load of DIY and gardening going on. Well done all.
More nettle wrestling for me if my left arm sorts itself out. I woke this morning in agony, pain from shoulder to hand. I've blasted it with Volterol and taken a couple of paracetamols and it seems to be easing.
Have any of you been told not to take Ibuprofen?
I'm now going to Google to find out how to grow a pineapple.
It IS Thursday because I have to put the bins out tomorrow

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
And another sunny morning, another day planning to do a lot but in reality spending a lot of time watching sparrows quarrel and fish swim. Note to self, that extra veg space won’t be prepared by Disney, and bloods won’t be good without more exercise.
8.2 this morning so it’s going to have to be a more active day, tho yesterday was, I confess, a very pleasant one.
Have a happy day everyone.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do hope everyone is keeping well. It's clear there's a load of DIY and gardening going on. Well done all.
More nettle wrestling for me if my left arm sorts itself out. I woke this morning in agony, pain from shoulder to hand. I've blasted it with Volterol and taken a couple of paracetamols and it seems to be easing.
@SueJB do you really have to put the bins out tomorrow? as in it's Good Friday? Our bins aren't collected on Bank Holidays...

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sue, pineapples are super, super easy to grow, from a top, but if you want to grow to fruit, "pups" are the way forward, but I'm sure Dr Google will help you with that.

Will you have refuse collections on Good Friday? Our council does, then extends their weekend to include Tuesdays.

(Hope your arm improves.)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@SueJB . Pineapples are so easy , when you cut off the top you literally just stick it in the ground. But they don’t like it too hot or too cold.

Reactions: SueJB and kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It is Thursday! I know this, as it is The Virtual Pub Quiz on U Tube tonight. After the big clap.
In other news it is foggy here.

Hot and sunny here, I am getting a bit of a tan going........sorry, but all change soon to normal colder April weather :rolleyes:
Take care

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It is Thursday! I know this, as it is The Virtual Pub Quiz on U Tube tonight. After the big clap.
In other news it is foggy here.

I'd like to listen and take part in the virtual pub quiz, sounds good and it would get my little grey cells working ;):D
I will clap or make some noise outside at 8 pm, ps I will be in my jim jams though.

Reactions: SueJB
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @Antje77 so sorry to read about your dear little kitten, so sending BIG HUGS :(
Take care.