SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all
Madam BG far too high to mention this morning.
Never been to a fancy dress party
Anyone got a low carb carrot cake recipe please?

Reactions: kev-w

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone, have a lovely day. It promises to be very hot here in the south east, so the fan we got for the last heat wave’s out again. Thank goodness we live in an age of fridges and Frios.
I’ll need to make some ice and dig out the jar I use to make iced coffee.
Hope you’re well-caffeinated now Karen; have a good time with the grandsons. Our nearly eight year old one is still learning.
Out with his Dad for a game of golf yesterday:
Younger grandson - ‘Look! A baby kangaroo!!!’
Dad & older grandson - ‘That’s a rabbit.’

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, with 5 eggs, it may last quite a long time

To be honest, Sue, I think a lot of LC baking is pretty rich, so portions are likely to be very rich and filling.

You could always halve the recipe. Just whisk three eggs, to mix the yolks and white, then leave little in the jug. "Eggs" can be so variable in size anyway, even within their declared boxed sizes.

I'm not a cake eater, but do like to bake. My baking these days tends to be for others, and the real McCoy.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Did someone mention cake??? Whoever it was I am on my way

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, was out early for dog walking, done some chores, just having a cup of tea before getting into the garden. May be too hot for me before long so I may just have to recline under an umbrella....apologies to those of you at work, hope everyone has a good day with steady bgs (mine have been on several complete rollercoaster rides this week, hot weather so I've reduced basal now).

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Yup that’s the one I make, it’s just as good as ‘normal’ carrot cake :hungry:
I've never had carrot cake but I've got some roots that need eating so I thought cake. The builders are in so they might eat some too

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tresiba picked up from chemist this morning and first injection done. Hoping for more steady nights, fingers crossed. So pleased as well to discover that each pen has nearly half the insulin in compared to Toujeo. As I have less than 10 units a day always ended up throwing half away. Such a waste. It is hot, hot, hot here in Leeds.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hope the Tresiba works Becca! Hot hot hot here too - we’d planned to drive as far as the sea as a husband birthday treat but just ten minutes in the garden, hopping from shade to shade, is more than enough!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 I found the change to Tresiba to be frustrating for a few months if I'm honest coming from Lantus I'd stopped getting on with, what I'd say is that it's worth rolling with it at first as when you get it working it's really good although you may find you need to use some glucose for swimming.

Reactions: karen8967

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all!

Not a lot going on here, thankfully. Normal amounts for a Japes walking activity is thoroughly resumed which is having the expected knock-on effects on everything else to my great relief. Including shifting the unwanted stone or so which edged its way on during the carbuncle healing phase of lockdown. Personally, I'm inclined to blame the fact I stopped wearing my usual jeans, which were on the tight but still very wearable side, when the carbuncle was healing and by the time I came around to put them on again - nothing doing! Had been dealing with the food extras which had crept in when the lockdown was strictest, but now the exercise levels are much, much more normal it's all going in the right direction again!!

Student related work for the week done - apart from some end of term activities we're preparing for a massive on-line party! Oh my.... Young Vampire is seriously worrying about whether or not I will be one of the staff in the group next year, but all I could do on the reassuring side was saying I've not been told, none of the support staff know where, but I would be back and my support always there for the Young Vampire no matter what.

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 I found the change to Tresiba to be frustrating for a few months if I'm honest coming from Lantus I'd stopped getting on with, what I'd say is that it's worth rolling with it at first as when you get it working it's really good although you may find you need to use some glucose for swimming.

Interesting Kev. I think it may help that I was on a longer lasting insulin to start with. Changed from Lantus 4 years ago. However, reading all the blurb it lasts even longer, so must certainly be very careful over the next few days as I could need to use less. Jelly babies at the ready. Another good aspect is any changes react a little quicker. That should be a benefit with my need to change dose every couple of weeks. But hey, looking on the bright side I may not need to. As for swimming-I live in hope!
Anyway forewarned is forearmed and I shall stay calm and persevere if need to. Thanks!

Reactions: kev-w

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, having reduced basal I still got back from an early walk hypoing as I came in the house. I'm really bored with this; this week has been one after another and I'm pretty sure it's all due to the heat. Feel as if I'm fire-fighting all the time. Apologies to those of you who love the heat, as I'll be delighted to see temperatures go down dramatically, hopefully from tomorrow.

Apart from that all's well and peaceful here which makes a change at this time of year as I'm not far from Pilton. No need to plan for no journeys out in the run-up and departure, or wonder which way the wind will be blowing (as that definitely affects how much of Glasto I can hear!)

Hope you all have a peaceful, or at least enjoyable, day, and stay cool.....

Reactions: karen8967

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I agree with you hh1. Diabetes doesn't like excessive heat, and I'm playing catch up all the time. If I reduce basal, then hey presto madam bg decides it will go high. Will be really glad when it cools down, as the heat also saps me of the small amount of energy I have, and makes diabetic neuropathy horrendous, my legs feel like they're on fire.

Enjoy your day everyone, and to those of you who like the heat, have my share as well please. Take care, and avoid the mad crowds on the beach where social distancing is non existent.

Reactions: hh1