Type 1'stars R Us

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening, the bathroom is finished :) so a day off tomorrow and I'm tempted to go have a fry up in the morning and have a porridge free start so we'll see, I'm planning a sleep in but these days my bloods have a tendency to drop around 08.00 so I may wake and neck a couple of swift Dextrotabs and switch straight back off again, or maybe not as I've not woke up yet.

The joys of a working shower and a floor I can trust not to leak onto my newly boarded and skimmed kitchen ceiling so that's a relief
116358487_10158683746695116_2689642840166862802_n.jpg
116365511_10158683746690116_4438493127123538596_n.jpg

Nice bit of diy plumbing is that shower :p

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Looks gorgeous @kev-w . I want one of you at my house!!!!!!!

Lol................when you talked about the kitchen and the bathroom, the first picture I saw I thought I was looking at a picture of a refrigerator and trying to figure out why there was tile all around it............

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, great job @kev-w, definitely earned at least one day off!

Today's meant to be v hot here, too hot for me, so off out early walking. Hope this morning's breeze lasts all day as that'll help. Have a good day all, it's Friday!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done @kev-w take the day off and lap up the sunshine you deserve it. All looks super smart. As someone who is also decorating and hit a paint peeling off wall problem, enjoying the sunshine is going to win today. Along with our now named ‘lockdown’ 4 mile walk, spat boll, wine and my Kindle. Enjoy it whilst it’s here everyone.
Have just caught up on the news and find we are on the edges of areas with new restrictions. Eek!

Reactions: kev-w

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening, the bathroom is finished :) so a day off tomorrow and I'm tempted to go have a fry up in the morning and have a porridge free start so we'll see, I'm planning a sleep in but these days my bloods have a tendency to drop around 08.00 so I may wake and neck a couple of swift Dextrotabs and switch straight back off again, or maybe not as I've not woke up yet.

The joys of a working shower and a floor I can trust not to leak onto my newly boarded and skimmed kitchen ceiling so that's a reliefView attachment 43012 View attachment 43013

Nice bit of diy plumbing is that shower :p
well done kev all your hard work has paid off x

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Had a decent day today, although was doing a set change and noticed my Medtronic pump has a nice crack snaking along the backside of where the battery is! Looks like it’s time for a replacement!!

AAArgh! Make sure you make a note of your settings for when your new pump arrives

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
New pump has arrived, was sent the same day today. Feel like a kid at Christmas again setting it all up :hilarious:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Nicola M I wish I had the same attitude lol!!!! They sent me a replacement for my Omnipod PDM because it lost it's memory of the date with a battery change twice in a row. They are worried it will fail and they decided to send me a new one. I am looking at it more like a pain I have to program everything into it. Mine is still working so I have just been staring at the new one.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Weekend well underway here! Yesterday and today I did what has become my customary early morning walk with blackberrying, so I was back in before the heat yesterday and the rain today...

All ticking along nicely on other fronts. Contemplating the currently ever-decreasing list of small tasks I keep avoiding for next week and not over-enthused by any of them. I think I've done too many such tasks whilst I've been at home all this time. Maybe I won't bother too much as none of them are urgent, but just need doing some time.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

It’s been a while, I miss everyone very much! I hope everyone is well and I just wanted to pop on to say hello.

A lot has happened, to start - my DSN was very happy that my BG has improved quite dramatically. Auto mode is doing what it should be doing. Can you believe I’ve been pumping for over 6 months now?! Time is flying.

I know the coronavirus has affected everyone, financially, mentally and physically. Unfortunately I’m still struggling and my bf is still unemployed. I was very close in paying off my overdraft but I’m back in now. The sad part is my bf has a loan and the bank is asking him to pay up the full amount, despite him telling he is unemployed etc. I fear the debt collectors will come :( I don’t know why the bank isn’t a little sympathetic.

But anyway, I’ve decided I’m going back to uni this September to finish off my degree. Although I haven’t saved a single penny because of everything, I got funding approved and I’m going back. There isn’t a future at my current job and I am physically and mentally tired doing 40 hrs a week. I’ve come across my managers being a little judgemental with how I manage my diabetes but the awkward thing is, they’ve had diabetes training. But that isn’t anything new right?

To add a bit of cheese, you are all in my thoughts and I hope every single one of you is safe.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So glad to see your post @MeiChanski. I've missed you being around on the forum, and have been concerned as to how you were after you got Covid. Hope you've fully recovered from that now. Great that the pump is working so well for you, well done.
So sorry that things are so tough for you physically, mentally and financially. Sending hugs, and hope things improve for you. Could you get any financial advice from CAB, the university, or Christians against Poverty etc, if you haven't already tried them?
Hope that uni goes well, and do keep popping in to let us know how you're doing.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening :) a late night tending a bonfire and a higher than I'd like blood sugar as I clean forgot to correct until a short while back on my way to bed and it was take away Indian curry night :p

I've had some issues with the xDrip iOS software these last few days and am thinking how quickly I've come to rely (and trust) the available tech fingerpricking just once a day, until of course the tech goes pearshaped and you get a quick reminder of how it was. :banghead:

Sweet dreams :p in a moderate complex carb kind of way :p

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi MeiChanski! Glad to hear from you. Hopefully everything sorts out for the best.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @MeiChanski , good to see you again!
I hope you'll find a way out of the financial problems without things getting worse first.

Brilliant to hear your diabetes is doing so well on the pump! Having diabetes behave itself a bit better may turn out exactly what you need to finish your degree and enjoy it too!

Wish you all the best!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

It’s been a while, I miss everyone very much! I hope everyone is well and I just wanted to pop on to say hello.

A lot has happened, to start - my DSN was very happy that my BG has improved quite dramatically. Auto mode is doing what it should be doing. Can you believe I’ve been pumping for over 6 months now?! Time is flying.

I know the coronavirus has affected everyone, financially, mentally and physically. Unfortunately I’m still struggling and my bf is still unemployed. I was very close in paying off my overdraft but I’m back in now. The sad part is my bf has a loan and the bank is asking him to pay up the full amount, despite him telling he is unemployed etc. I fear the debt collectors will come :( I don’t know why the bank isn’t a little sympathetic.

But anyway, I’ve decided I’m going back to uni this September to finish off my degree. Although I haven’t saved a single penny because of everything, I got funding approved and I’m going back. There isn’t a future at my current job and I am physically and mentally tired doing 40 hrs a week. I’ve come across my managers being a little judgemental with how I manage my diabetes but the awkward thing is, they’ve had diabetes training. But that isn’t anything new right?

To add a bit of cheese, you are all in my thoughts and I hope every single one of you is safe.

Hey Mei,

Great to see you about.
I had no idea you'd only been pumping for for the last 6 months..
You must have only got the gear when we met up earlier this year?

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning and happy Mondays I like that line :p

A tip trip for me as the booking system has finished, I've an old Picasso car and the back seats are out ready to load, I've had a clear up weekend ready to start to finish the living room and hallway, I'm still having issues with my phone software and losing the connection to the Miaomiao but am fingerpricking more at the moment :banghead: and have had a few mid 3's and a few mid 12's as I go.

Have a good week :)