1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thank you. Birthday wishes are always nice to get :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone FB_IMG_1602000630029.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, Black Friday sales are dangerous. I bought my mama an air fryer that she will be receiving on Sunday. I’m glad I was quick because it’s sold out now

Diabetes was absolutely horrible yesterday, I was high for 5 hours. I changed my site as well - a pinky ring formed in the shape of my cannula. But I’m finally back in range at 8.0.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  4. Jollymon

Jollymon Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Do you ever wish that your glucose meter had an arm that would dispense chocolate if you hit the right number? I could use some chocolate right now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MeiChanski

Oh, that would be lovely but at the same time, I won’t be getting any

• Hug Hug x 2
  6. karen8967

Good morning everyone have a good weekend

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Jollymon

Jollymon Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If you follow along in the Pavlovian dog handbook, every low gets a treat. Maybe this is a reason I’m hypoglycemic unaware- waiting for a treat.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MeiChanski

I stare at the clock and hoping my numbers are good enough for a treat but I fail most of the time, so I bolus for the treat

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all,
    Unhappy with the number on the monitor............................ double figures!!!!! so no badge for me. I do hope everyone else gets one
    How long between bolus correction doses? I'm on Novorapid so I reckon 5hrs right?

• Hug Hug x 1
  10. karen8967

Good morning everyone enjoy whats left of the weekend

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. MeiChanski

I was told novo rapid is around 4 hours. Do you feel it tails off at the 5 hour mark?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,
    It's not always the same for everybody. But I find Novorapid can have a little kick in the tail at the 5 hour mark.?

Unusually, things went wrong for me this morning after fixing a savage hypo.. Somehow managing to scoot into the 22...
    Meter check confirmed. 5u into my inner thigh. I was back within range 6.5 in just under two hours..

• Like Like x 1
  13. MeiChanski

Hello, I’m only saying what my diabetes team have been saying - that novorapid has a 4 hour mark, but as you said we are all different.

Same discussion I had with my team about fiasp, peaks sooner and leaves the system sooner, but I argued that wasn’t the case for me.

Inner thigh? Ouch

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah... I debated with my endo that my Lantus was unstable. He suggested I wasn't injecting correctly.
    I invited him to try a cartridge out for 18 days..? ;):banghead:

Hope yer well?

• Like Like x 1
    #29254 Jaylee, Nov 29, 2020 at 3:44 PM
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  15. Lee farrington

Lee farrington Type 1 · Member

Hi everyone, kind of new to the forum. Meichanski invited me along for a chat.
    Long story short, I'm not doing to good at th moment. Recent hba1c was 133 and kidneys are stage 4. I've had a quick look around this section and it seems that this is a section of a bit of random chat. Which I feel I could really do with at the minute.
    Looking forward to chatting with you all.

• Like Like x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Please chat away!
    Sometimes chatting is the best way to give our minds some rest :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I have had a strange little rash on my leg for a good few weeks now and after trying several topical treatments that were left over from previous ailments (and Mrs Urb' being able to buy absolutely anything over the counter in the Philippines) with negligible effect, I relented and contacted the quack using E-consult.

After a short phone chat he says I've tried everything he would have suggested so I have to give antibiotics a go.

2 days later I am at the pharmacy standing outside in the cold and phoning the number displayed on a board. Gave my personal details and confirmed that I had not been abroad, did not have a new cough, that I had a mask with me and that the ANTIBIOTICS were ready for collection. I was thus cleared to enter the building.

When my name was called out I stepped forward to the counter. Can you imagine my disbelief upon being presented not with ANTIBIOTICS but 1 packet of short acting insulin, 1 packet of long acting insulin and 2 boxes of needles. (Sighed) "I was expecting ANTIBIOTICS and not medication for diabetes."

Girl trots off to look at the computer and tells me there's been a mistake. Fortunately, they had the ANTIBIOTICS in stock so I got what I wanted but how hard can it be?

I think I have enough insulin in the fridge to get me through to March now, maybe that's long enough to get past any Brexit hiccups.

• Hug Hug x 1
  18. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

At least they didn't give insulin and needles to a non diabetic needing antibiotics :banghead:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Local NHS are asking people to order prescriptions early, as it may take 7-14 days to prescribe as they're so busy. Some surgeries asking people to order by 10 December for any Christmas meds you need. As I only ordered mine on Friday, I'm not due to reorder till 25 December. Can see a problem arising, as this happened last year, and online ordering wouldn't allow me to order again till a few days before Christmas and then I was running short. Oh joy!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Where I need tto vary a prescription - usually when we go away for a couple of months, I just use the "Custom Request" area on SystmOnline. I just fill out the highlighted area, and have never had my requests challenged.

upload_2020-11-29_19-54-21.png

Surely common sense would prevail, bearing in mind your surgery will be closed for several days over the holiday.

• Informative Informative x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook