Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A quick question, sorry I haven't commented on other posts but this is for my nephew. Can anyone recall the name / brand of the low carb bread that Morrisons sell?

Is it hovis lower carb seeded bread?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A quick question, sorry I haven't commented on other posts but this is for my nephew. Can anyone recall the name / brand of the low carb bread that Morrisons sell?

Hovis nimble whole meal bread?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m having a long debate with myself, my pump has 14.7u left and can I survive until tomorrow? Because I’m tired and I want to sleep soon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, don't know where that weekend went, still trying to get everything sorted in my now decorated and carpeted spare room. Hi @Lee farrington, welcome, is that a ferret I see with you? And yes, we do talk about all kinds of stuff, though the greatest joy of this thread is that everyone here gets what it's like living with T1.

I've had some badges you wouldn't want the past couple of days; more hypos than I care for. Think it's partly being fairly physical and also not allowing for a more pronounced effect of Lantus as I'm injecting into bits of my thighs that have never seen a needle before. Just goes to show how, for me, the effects of injecting in the same area don't take too long to have an impact on insulin take-up and using somewhere completely new changes the game. Does anyone else with a lot of years injecting find the same?
Hi. Yes that is a ferret (call me crazy). I am a crazy ferret nut. I've got 8 a the moment and I call them my happy pills, they always manage to put a smile on your face. I know they aren't a very common pet choice but they are amazing little things.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Aww sleep, I didn't get a lot last night. For some reason snorkeling yesterday really affected my blood sugars last night.I know to reduce basal now the night after...............I usually reduce 30%. Last night I ended up reducing 50%, and after half an OJ, half a candy bar over a few hours time............it just would not stop dropping. I only swam an hour instead of 3 hours as my blood sugars dropped for some reason sooner.............................sigh as I'm writing this I realize that obviously that day I wasn't wearing the right color of socks as my diabetes was doing it's own thing on top of snorkeling since I was dropping earlier too.

Love this emoji.....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aww sleep, I didn't get a lot last night. For some reason snorkeling yesterday really affected my blood sugars last night.I know to reduce basal now the night after...............I usually reduce 30%. Last night I ended up reducing 50%, and after half an OJ, half a candy bar over a few hours time............it just would not stop dropping. I only swam an hour instead of 3 hours as my blood sugars dropped for some reason sooner.............................sigh as I'm writing this I realize that obviously that day I wasn't wearing the right color of socks as my diabetes was doing it's own thing on top of snorkeling since I was dropping earlier too.

Love this emoji.....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh wow, last night it was a great party for me too. I was quite high for a few hours so not much sleep for me either. I’m glad you are okay now though

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes that is a ferret (call me crazy). I am a crazy ferret nut. I've got 8 a the moment and I call them my happy pills, they always manage to put a smile on your face. I know they aren't a very common pet choice but they are amazing little things.

That’s so cute, I hope to see some happy ferret family pics soon. :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd love to have ferrets!
I can't though, with free roaming bunnies and chickens in the garden, and I doubt the dogs and cats would approve.

A long time ago I almost went with ferrets, but seeing a ferret cost 150 guilders whereas a rat was only 1,65 (provided you bought a 'food rat' instead of a 'tame rat', the only difference being the rats being 2 weeks older, reducing the price from 7,50) I kept to rats for years.
I loved the rats, and being 14 at the time, I really didn't have the money for ferrets. Still, they are such perfect animals!

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
39387074785_7abdd288b6_o.jpg
IMG_0547.JPG
26738432527_ffaa2f65e5_o.jpg
42521203791_d034580376_o.jpg
1st pic is Lyn being lazy on a walk
2nd pic is Lyn and her daughter poppy playing in the garden.
3rd is Cesar on a walk
4th is Cesar watching over my youngest daughter on the skate park.
Cesar is the ferret in my profile pic. He is a 8 years old, which is old for a ferret but he still acts like a kit and is always up to no good. He keeps me on my toes.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
1st pic is Lyn being lazy on a walk
3rd is Cesar on a walk
Cesar is the ferret in my profile pic. He is a 8 years old, which is old for a ferret but he still acts like a kit and is always up to no good. He keeps me on my toes.
Oh! Your pictures make me feel all soft and fuzzy inside!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 45864 View attachment 45865 View attachment 45866 View attachment 45867 1st pic is Lyn being lazy on a walk
3rd is Cesar on a walk

Oh my, you’ve made my night, thank you. They are adorable,

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Hi everyone!

I hope you are all keeping well

I have been so busy lately, but I have finally started the Bertie online course and I have already learnt so much just in the first module it’s brilliant!

Been busy working, looking after our dog children, cleaning, organising Xmas, the usual! Been watching a lot of comedy recently in my spare time!

what has everyone been up to??

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone!

I hope you are all keeping well

I have been so busy lately, but I have finally started the Bertie online course and I have already learnt so much just in the first module it’s brilliant!

Been busy working, looking after our dog children, cleaning, organising Xmas, the usual! Been watching a lot of comedy recently in my spare time!

Ah it’s brilliant and now you have to get your head round it :)

I’ve been rearranging my house, cleaning and decluttering. :) I got my advent calendar ready for tomorrow!

Reactions: Choosehappy

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Choosehappy ,

Ohhhh, what have I been upto? Well, the last couple of daze. clearing the house for a slot booked at the tip.?

Finalising a couple tracks We wrote last week (I share files with other band members in a Dropbox account.) & filming a video for one of them.. I tend to like parodying iconic music vids in my own house?

@Lee farrington , loving yer ferret pics.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sinterklaas stress!
Being Dutch, the 5th of december means you have to make poems to go with presents, and the presents have to be presented as a 'surprise' (which is pronounced as 'surpreesuh').

Long story short, I've finished 2 poems, put a flashlight in an empty bleach bottle (the bottle being a clue to the place where the next clue can be found), worked out a spot on the path behind my house where the coordinates rhyme with 2 and 7 (in Dutch), pre-dug a hole on that spot and wrote the treasure hunt poem on a piratey piece of burnt paper.
Yes, my victim has to find her present by coordinates.
I also made a big red X to mark the spot where the treasure is buried :p

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hopeful, I don't know how your GP's system is set up, but ours allows ordering one month's supply, every 21 days. I believe the other 7 days is to allow for it to be actioned their end, then actioned at the pharmacy, before the 28 days expire.

My modest experience is, for regular, and "always going to need", "stuff" they action it same day, then the pharmacy also action same day. If I order in the morning I can collect in the afternoon, if I'm pressed.

I have to say this has allowed me to accrue a very small cushion for those times when something goes wrong. Hospital meds are much more civilised - dispensing 6 months supply at a time.
Thanks DCUKMod. That's extremely efficient!! Ours is set up the same, so I can order on 18 December, but because I can only take specific brands in some tablets,(which the chemist won't get until the script lands, even though I get them every month) it often takes longer than a week for them to obtain them. With the weekend in the mix as well, I'm going to have to order them earlier than the 18th, so will have to contact the surgery.

Am very impressed with the speed you get yours though, as even with tablets that it doesn't matter which brand I have I can never order in the morning and collect in the afternoon.