Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It makes such a difference being able to chat with other T1’s. You can make a comment I’ve been fighting highs all day or you took some glucose tabs out with you when taking a walk and everyone gets what you are talking about.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1605717907210.jpg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oh my, another Friday Karen, how they keep on rolling.
I’ve been making contact with people I used to work with, some still working, and realise I sort of miss that Friday feeling.
Off to pick up some cheap summer garden chairs from Argos and do a Lidl Greek week trip later. The sun’s shining here, at the moment, though it’s still too cold to sit outdoors, and it’s the time for looking forward to warmer pleasure. Plus a pseudo trip to Greece.
Tzatziki, kalamata olives, mythos, watch out, I’m heading your way.
Hope your back recovers soon @hh1, back pain and limited movement are a right lump of soil (interpret)!

Reactions: karen8967

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I always have that Friday feeling as i don’t work Fridays, but so far today i have been doing other boring things like renewing passports in the hope we can use them later this year and also filled out the 2021 census.
Anyway have a good weekend everyone.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Fed up even though there's lot to love in the garden, bulbs coming through, tete a tete being brilliant but so so fed up and very down. Been advised to try Fiasp instead of Novoslug but it's just another learning curve and it's just too stuffing much!

(mod edit)

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel you’re frustration but try not to get too down, i’m on Fiasp because it’s supposed to be the best insulin but i feel it does exactly the same as Novorapid and all the other types of different insulin i’ve been put on over the year’s.
I’m sure you’ll soon get you’re head around it, chin up.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I feel you’re frustration but try not to get too down, i’m on Fiasp because it’s supposed to be the best insulin but i feel it does exactly the same as Novorapid and all the other types of different insulin i’ve been put on over the year’s.

Fiasp is basically novarapid except a added vit B3 and amino acids to allow it to be absorbed a little faster so it works about 10 mains faster

Apart from that it's the same... I never got on with novo rapid nor with Fiasp so back to humalog

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fiasp is basically novarapid except a added vit B3 and amino acids to allow it to be absorbed a little faster so it works about 10 mains faster

Apart from that it's the same... I never got on with novo rapid nor with Fiasp so back to humalog

My experince is really at odds with with others reading the Novoslug comments. Because on average (as a correction dose. & with the advent of using a sensor.) I can see a plateau on a rising BG in an hour. If not the start of a complete turn around?
On. A nominal amount of certain carbs. (Around 30/40gs for me.) It works. Though I have to be careful it don't catch me out with a low nearly 5 hours later?
I forgot my basal doing a nightshift one night just before Christmas? (Would inject it just before setting off for work.)
Blagged 10 hours using Novorapid corecting at intervals. (I was pleasantly surprised at my efforts.)
Don't try this at home..

I'm starting to wonder now, how it would/could work for me potentially using a pump...

But hey, it's a "gamble" two ways twix the "form" HCPs see on paper & what we know & experience out in the real world as consumers..
None of us are in glass "controls" in a lab.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Fiasp did not work for me. I wanted to try it to be faster acting for "highs" off and on. (I'm on a pump with Humalog). The first couple of times I tried it, it worked great so I decided to try it for bolusing one day, by the end of the day I was double injecting plus what I usually use in insulin. Now it doesn't seem to work on me at all. I waited weeks to try it again and same thing, nope not going to work.

I am not the only one as some people seem to have the same issue, some find out quickly and some it takes longer. For the majority it works fine. It's a curiosity.

Reactions: SueJB

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Fiasp did not work for me. I wanted to try it to be faster acting for "highs" off and on. (I'm on a pump with Humalog). The first couple of times I tried it, it worked great so I decided to try it for bolusing one day, by the end of the day I was double injecting plus what I usually use in insulin. Now it doesn't seem to work on me at all. I waited weeks to try it again and same thing, nope not going to work.

I am not the only one as some people seem to have the same issue, some find out quickly and some it takes longer. For the majority it works fine. It's a curiosity.

I had quite a long chat with my pump nurse when I went on pump... I'm on tandem was using Fiasp when I started the pump. The tandem has not been tested with Fiasp and tandem do not recommend the use of Fiasp.

The nurse however said they have people using it in the pump.. And the general consensus was that Fiasp was great if injected... But for some reason was never so good when used in a pump

She said she recommend either going back to novo rapid or humalog. So I said I'd go back to humalog..

She has left Fiasp on my prescription and am welcome to try it if I wish

But for some reason nr and Fiasp gives my bad headaches

Reactions: oldgreymare

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My endo's theory for pump use is it clogs up pumps easy and that's why it doesn't work for a lot of people. But that wasn't my issue as I kept my Humalog in my pump and tried the Fiasp as an injection.

Reactions: oldgreymare

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My endo's theory for pump use is it clogs up pumps easy and that's why it doesn't work for a lot of people. But that wasn't my issue as I kept my Humalog in my pump and tried the Fiasp as an injection.

That was mention too

I still have Fiasp in a pen and use it for 'quick corrections'. And the action time etc is fine for me. And for 1 off use its fine

But when I use it routinely after about 3 weeks I start getting a really bad head non stop banging headache

I had the same about 10 years ago with novorapid

Still I am surprised at how different everyone is an how one thing effects one person one was and someone else totally different

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks @RVW. There's a really big difference between experience and just having read about things. I've survived my first Fiasp

(Mod edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
What is going on? Am I dehydrated or what??? I'm pricking my fingers the last couple of days 2 and 3 times to try to get enough blood. (I decided to take a 48 hour sensor break.) Do I need to change my setting? I've been at 3 forever..................

Hmmm...............maybe it's because I haven't changed my needle since?????? Yep, that's it! :(:banghead::facepalm::):joyful:
:banghead::banghead::facepalm::banghead::banghead::facepalm::banghead::banghead::facepalm: Does that stand for duh???;)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, interested to catch up on the comments about Fiasp; I'm just trying it out instead of Humalog. It was going fine at first, all pretty steady. I'm not so sure now; I remember somebody said it seemed to become less effective as the day wore on. I wondered if that was just due to different ratios that some of us have at different times of day. I do seem to be more prone to rises beyond two hours after eating & injecting in the evening, and I haven't changed what I do or eat. It does kick in slightly faster than Humalog, I don't know if that's part of the problem. I'm still in two minds about staying with it or reverting to Humalog. Hmmm. Off to fill in my census form. Have a good Sunday all.

Last edited: